Do Not Mess With Her 2014-06-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
eee

Re: Do Not Mess With Her 2014-06-23

Post by eee »

Yay, Wapsi's back!

It looks like Kath managed to deal with Atsali's first wet dream without traumatizing her. Pretty good for a newbie Mom.

And we're off with a new character! Who you obviously don't want to talk down to! (shamefully puts a small donation into the Pun Jar.)
Wyvern wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:OK, it's been determined Calista is short, but literally less than a foot tall?
Five inches, Paul says.
At five inches, everything would be twelve times larger and longer for her than for normal human sized students. You wonder how she moves between classes between bells in time, given the distances that would be involved. Maybe she has someone who carries her...
Julie

Post by Julie »

BAHAHAHA! Well done Cricket! :D Gotta love that we're back with an opening sally of laughs like this. :lol:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

eee wrote:(shamefully puts a small donation into the Pun Jar.)
Not sure the words in that phrase are in the correct order....
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Atsali just has to tell Berdine and Nadette about this!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Skruddgemire wrote:So...admitting that this is early for me and the fact that there's too much blood in my caffeine system...am I missing something? Is this a character we've seen in the past (and I've forgotten)?
Nope - brand new, but Paul's been previewing her on his eBay page.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

eee wrote:At five inches, everything would be twelve times larger and longer for her than for normal human sized students. You wonder how she moves between classes between bells in time, given the distances that would be involved. Maybe she has someone who carries her...
Haven't you ever tried to catch a cricket? They can MOVE.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

FEAT: +5 Jump Incredible Distance.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

CPUGuy1 wrote:Just wondering ...
Did the poor guy have time to say 'Ouch' after the 'KRACK!'and before he hit the ground?[/size] :shock:
Or was the 'KRACK!' a double sound? He being hit and him hitting the floor so close together it sounded like one? :o
Feel sorry for the guy. No matter how badly he's just had his tail whupped, the only thing he can do is look embarrassed and swallow his shame.

No matter how powerful Calista is, he can't challenge her to a fight. Teens' code of honor wouldn't allow it.

She's only five inches tall.

It just wouldn't be cricket.

(places a silver wicket into the Pun Jar, and oh how glad I am to have the opportunity to pay off the Jar again!)
analyst

Post by analyst »

"YUMPIN' YIMINY!"
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Whoo Hoo Wapsi's back!!!! Just gonna say: "Tiny little teacup packed with C-4." The bigger they are the harder they fall and all that. Reminds me of Atom Ant. ;)
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Welcome back!!

Well, I'm quite certain life will not be boring around cricket.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

From the attitude anyone who calls her cricket is going to get whomped, or kracked, on. She took it as an insult!!!! That is not a nickname she will accept. Probably due to her size made the connection and teased her about it, to their sorrow. So I suggest strongly we do NOT keep that name attached to her. I wouldn't want her after me. Calista is what she wants, so maybe Cali would work. It actually suggests the amount of power she has for destruction. So now Cali and Sali can become BBF right?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Actually, it was "Jiminy" she was objecting to, not "Cricket". Who knows, maybe "Cricket" is her last name?

Calista Cricket?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Leak

Post by Leak »

Mark N wrote:She probably has a Glamor similar (if not the same) to what ever Beatrix uses when she has the shop open for mundanes (best word I can think of for ordinary humans and I refuse to use muggle outside of Harry Potter). :roll:
Off Topic
Since you brought up "Glamor" and "mundies" - "Fables the video game" aka "The Wolf Among Us" is still on Steam Sale(TM) the next 20 or so hours; even though I don't know the comics I can't recommend that game enough... this is how a game based on a comic needs to be done.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sidhekin wrote:Actually, it was "Jiminy" she was objecting to, not "Cricket". Who knows, maybe "Cricket" is her last name?

Calista Cricket?
Doubt it. Jiminy is a very old spelling and was resurrected for the movie. That is about the only modern usage going around. If her last name was Cricket they would probably be making references to the lighter, not the movie. I would wager that calling her either would cause this reaction. What would be a further problem is that with her apparent strength she probably can jump real high as well.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Wapsi, is that you?
(Yah!, Wahoo!)

If I have it right that-thur-be (Princess) Cricket. (ebay ref goes here...)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/pablowapsi/m.html

Hmm, upon further investigation the 'Princess' part might just be when she's dressed up and make-believing.

I'm expecting anybody in and around the US of A, and assorted globally connected bits via Hollywood, would know of iminy Cricket.

What I don't expect is cricket lighters to be a reference, despite the fact that I bought more than a few back when I was lighting up stuff. These are modern 21st Century young'ns so how would they know to call a lighter anything more than a 'Bic'? Not being contentious, just dems me thinks.

I'm also thinking Cricket and Atsali will be able to commiserate re: being judged on appearances...

Wapsi is back?
(Hoorah!, Yippee!...)
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

She doesn't LOOK like a Nac Mac Feegle, but she sure fights like one.
sheik

Post by sheik »

I vote for her last name to be Casull.
Her fist looks to be about .454 caliber.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

My2Cents wrote:KRACK! Not a more normal fighting noise 'whack' or 'thud'. Is this bone breaking or an energy discharge? And what was the target location?
I envisioned it more as the sound of a skull hitting a hard floor.
illiad wrote:well either way I'm sure they will be bosom pals!!!! :D :E :D
Well, that is one way for Atsali to safely transport Calista around, I suppose. . .
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

NebulousRikulau wrote:She doesn't LOOK like a Nac Mac Feegle, but she sure fights like one.
...Nnnnot really. I think she used her fist, not her forehead. I guess maybe she was going easy on him for a first offense...?

Also, HOODY HOO! I've missed this world!