Pajama Top 2014-04-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Pajama Top 2014-04-22

Post by shadowinthelight »

Not as evil as a real Teletubby though.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Re: Pajama Top 2014-04-22

Post by Dave »

Castela is having far too much fun with those scissors.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

She chopped that top, didn't she?

That little bramble's going to need to hide in the cracks.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Oh, geeze.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Either a Teletubby, or a very peculiar Easter Bunny.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

If the top was not altered by Castalia (which I doubt. I think the scissors are a remnant of the last island jokes and a red herring) it looks like this is gonna be another ask Aunt Monica situation.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Just had a thought - I hope Kath doesn't have any Miracle Gro for her rooftop container garden - if Castela got into it - probably tastes yummy to her - she could have the biggest six-year-old in MSP to go with the most, uh bountiful teenager.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Akamar

Post by Akamar »

might be time to invest in a sewing machine :/ I hate when that happens, though... Fortunately, they don't end up that short...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Akamar wrote:might be time to invest in a sewing machine :/ I hate when that happens, though... Fortunately, they don't end up that short...
Hmmm... maybe ask Castela to do it herself? She's showing the talents of a natural seamstress... she's got the scissors, her thorns would do as needles, her bramble-vines might be able to provide a suitable fiber. All she needs is a pattern and a few aphorisms... "a stitch in thyme saves nine" and "put your bast foot forward" might do.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I think its time for Atsali to go shopping with Aunt Monica.....again.......Just those two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also: I put it on YOU bed for you. should it be YOUR? Must've slipped by. ;)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Monica has the Magic 8 ball shirt... This 'dress sized' PJ top must be made of the exact opposite stuff... LOL

I wonder how da bearz are doing...

Katherine: "Castela Emoryi Gilchrist!!! What have I told you about playing with Scissors?" Playing with scissors is always a pretty thorny subject.

*Drops a ficus in the pun jar*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

DilyV wrote:Katherine: "Castela Emoryi Gilchrist!!! What have I told you about playing with Scissors?"
"You could accidentally prune yourself!"

Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

Stabbing is one thing, I'd be worried about cutting the vines or tendrils.

Also, has Atsali tried a Mu-mu yet?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
illiad

Post by illiad »

whoops! :) I think she got that top from 'normal' shop! :mrgreen:
MOOOOM!!! :x Can you ask Monica to help???? :/
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

While the gag is a nice visual it doesn't really work. The V neck location is stretched but the distance below the V does not match the length of the one she held up. The V is about the same position when being held up as worn. The length as held up does go below her waist. When worn that length should still fall straight down to reach just at or a little above the waist. The only explanation is Sali got the joke PJ Top. No matter how you wear it, it shortens to show the belly and enhance the size of the breasts.

I know this is too logical but I'm in a logical mood this morning. lol.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:While the gag is a nice visual it doesn't really work. The V neck location is stretched but the distance below the V does not match the length of the one she held up. The V is about the same position when being held up as worn. The length as held up does go below her waist. When worn that length should still fall straight down to reach just at or a little above the waist. The only explanation is Sali got the joke PJ Top.
Actually, there are some fabrics (knits, I think) that do behave rather like that... they're sort of a "constant area" nature, and when stretched in one direction will contract in the perpendicular direction. Notice how very thin the PJ top is, when Atsali is letting it dangle. A stretch fabric of the sort I'm thinking of, would certainly shorten when put onto a real body... it would contract vertically when stretched horizontally. Ordinary cotton fabric, on the other hand, would not.

Paul is applying Rule of Funny exaggeration a bit here, of course, but I think the underlying phenomenon is real.

(and if somebody doesn't react to that straight line I will be dreadfully dusappointed with all of you :) )
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Either one of these gags separately would be funny. Taken together they show two different attitudes. Atsali fighting her nature and Castela embracing and having fun with hers. Hopefully Castela rubs off on Atsali, so she can appreciate herself and her own unique nature. Snrrk. Teletubby. :lol:
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Wdot wrote: Snrrk. Teletubby. :lol:
Be honest now. Any adult who has had to watch that show for two or three years for their young kids would glady perform a similar operation for any one of them(the teletubbies that is) if offered a chance.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

zachariah wrote:
Wdot wrote: Snrrk. Teletubby. :lol:
Be honest now. Any adult who has had to watch that show for two or three years for their young kids would glady perform a similar operation for any one of them(the teletubbies that is) if offered a chance.
Give me five minutes alone with Spongebob and a pair of shears that big. That's all i ask...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Fairportfan wrote:Give me five minutes alone with Spongebob and a pair of shears that big. That's all i ask...
Spongebob is awesome (if you are high (or so I've heard)). No, seriously, I've never taken drugs before. Can you imagine how much more screwed up I'd be if I did?