Life Strategies 2014-04-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Life Strategies 2014-04-01

Post by NOTDilbert »

?!? Whut the friggen newtons?? Five years old and she's already a playa?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Re: Life Strategies 2014-04-01

Post by shadowinthelight »

Castela is a Sagebrush.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wow.

ummm ... "a few more", maybe?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Did Tina just turn her head more than ninety degrees anti-clockwise to look at Castela?

=======

I mean, in the panel before, Castela is standing just behind Tina's left shoulder...
Last edited by Fairportfan on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Castela is a Sagebrush.
Damn, dude... you're reading the bon mots right out of my mind (or the situation) with the speed of a telepathic ninja. Nicely done!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

"a few life strategies than most little kids"? That's not kid speak like the rest of Castela's talk. Something doesn't add up here!
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:Did Tina just turn her head more than ninety degrees anti-clockwise to look at Castela?

=======

I mean, in the panel before, Castela is standing just behind Tina's left shoulder...
I'd guess she turned her stance as well as her neck.

Either that, or her choker conceals a really good double-race ball bearing pivot, and I think some of Pablo's earlier comments probably ruled that out.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

My2Cents wrote:"a few life strategies than most little kids"? That's not kid speak like the rest of Castela's talk. Something doesn't add up here!
Try adding the date?

... or Castela really is a manipulative little actress. Remember the "don't-let-her-demons-get you"?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Damn, dude... you're reading the bon mots right out of my mind (or the situation) with the speed of a telepathic ninja. Nicely done!
I was probably turbo-charged by the unusual amount of Dr. Pepper I drank today.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Uh huh. So, is the tongue tied little kid thing all an act? Just one of her "life strategies?" A shame if it is.
Last edited by KnightDelight on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Akasha

Post by Akasha »

to all here who don't think kids can be this way at an early age: well, they can be, it is just rare, and depends on what they have gone through.
KnightDelight wrote:Uh huh. So, is the tongue tied little kid thing all an act? Just one of her "life strategies?" A shame if it is.
kids have this capability of living through many things, and being able to stay kids for most of the time. but that doesn't mean they aren't capable of much more. they are capable of much much more than we think. we would like all kids to be always sheltered, kept miles away from harm, and to protect them from all things bad in this life. however, this is not always possible.
My2Cents wrote:"a few life strategies than most little kids"? That's not kid speak like the rest of Castela's talk. Something doesn't add up here!
it would not add up for a completely normal kid, but it does definitely for some who have already experienced too much they should not have to.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

KnightDelight wrote:Uh huh. So, is the tongue tied little kid thing all an act? Just one of her "life strategies?" A shame if it is.
Ummm.

I just thought. What's the date on the page?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Fairportfan wrote:Wow.
ummm ... "a few more", maybe?
And in the second frame, Tina's balloon, "know" should be "knowing" I believe.

Odd how their hair is blowing in opposite directions in the second frame.
Fairportfan wrote:
Ummm.
I looked back on previous April the first pages and there was no joke on them as far as I could tell, so he doesn't make a habit of such a thing. Still, there's always the first time.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:
Ummm.

Could this really be Pauls idea of an April Fools prank?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

You'll also note she is somewhat breaking the 4th wall by looking right at us readers as she says that!

Castela is such a cutie!
Vive la weird!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

JSStryker wrote:
You'll also note she is somewhat breaking the 4th wall by looking right at us readers as she says that!
Well, sort of. Her eye-stalks are pointing to one side, making it appear she is actually looking off to her left.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

So today's motto is speak softly and carry a big Schtick. Tina is doing the revolving head thing from the exorcist is definitely a schtick!

As they say turn about is fair play.

Final point: Tina does know she is being ignored and apparently is used to it. That is a shame.

Drops a bottle of neck lubricant into the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

casteli stop that your five your not allowed speak all sage bush at five years old!
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Castella. You had best NOT turn out to be EVIL. Nah she probably has some sort of power such as when she is near someone she absorbs some of their wisdom like a sponge and the "cuteness" is a way of making them 'let down their guard' or mayhaps she can read an entire book on Quantum Physics by running her hands across the cover, which would make Castella the smartest of the girls..... even "Tanta Phix". :ugeek:
eee

Post by eee »

Probably not. When Castela starts stuttering and babbling she's usually excited and trying to tell someone something very important to her but not able to think of the right words in the right sequence. Here, she's talking calmly to an adult who isn't scary. That can go a long way towards easy communication.

'Life strategies' would seem to be a more complex saying and concept than a five year old might normally have in their vocabulary; but then, Castela DOES live with Kath and visits Phix a lot. Little pitchers have big ears and she may have picked up a lot of concepts and words that children normally don't know. And in this case, she's using some of them correctly...