Monica’s Free Hugs 2013-07-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Re: Monica’s Free Hugs 2013-07-19

Post by Wapsi »

Much thanks, everyone! ^_^ My dad had another visit with his doctor and surgeon and things seem to be doing good. He's still restricted in what he can do for another week, but he seems in pretty good spirits! =)
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Wapsi wrote:Much thanks, everyone! ^_^ My dad had another visit with his doctor and surgeon and things seem to be doing good. He's still restricted in what he can do for another week, but he seems in pretty good spirits! =)
Wonderful! I hope things continue to improve!
Love the Atsali pics. She is such a delightful person. I want more of her!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Woot!, That's good news to hear!...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Wapsi wrote:Much thanks, everyone! ^_^ My dad had another visit with his doctor and surgeon and things seem to be doing good. He's still restricted in what he can do for another week, but he seems in pretty good spirits! =)
Huzzah! Modern medicine wins again! :mrgreen:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

This coming Friday we'll be heading down to LA (Lower Alabama) to Kate's mother's place. Her mother had to have surgery to clear blockages in her carotid arteries. We'd have gone sooner, but Kate can't schedule time off any sooner.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Fairportfan wrote:This coming Friday we'll be heading down to LA (Lower Alabama) to Kate's mother's place. Her mother had to have surgery to clear blockages in her carotid arteries. We'd have gone sooner, but Kate can't schedule time off any sooner.
*sending lots of positive vibes your way*
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wapsi wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:This coming Friday we'll be heading down to LA (Lower Alabama) to Kate's mother's place. Her mother had to have surgery to clear blockages in her carotid arteries. We'd have gone sooner, but Kate can't schedule time off any sooner.
*sending lots of positive vibes your way*
Thank you.

The same back.

I mistyped "had" for "has" - the surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, and Kate's brother will be there until we get there.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wapsi wrote:My apologies for the pinup. Earlier this week, my dad suffered a heart attack and I never finished the remainder of the week after find this out as my mind was elsewhere. The story will continue on Monday.
Oh dear! Free hugs from us to you then! I'll add my prayers and positive thoughts to the rest of this bunch and send them your way. :(
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

:like:
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

bmonk wrote::like:
Brother Monk, that's a custom smiley I added at CCoCv2: Image ... and its antonym, :nuke: Image
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

that's great! Just follow Doctor's orders, and pay attention to what your Dad's body tells him, and you'll be surprised how quickly he'll bounce back. And spend as much time as you need with the family, you never know how long anybody's got. After Ma had her first heart attack in 2000, we all did what we could for her, not knowing by July 2009, she'd be gone. But, all four of us had no regrets, or bad feelings when she passed. Not many families can say that. We lost our dad in December that same year, even though they had been divorced since 1987, we knew Ma's pssing had a hard effect on his already poor health. That last month of his life was spent in the hospital, with all of us there almost every single day. And we took care and time to let him know how much he meant to us, so no regrets there either. Ever since then, I've made sure to tell others of our family to at least try to make your peace with your folks, even if it doesn't pan out, you can say you made the attempt, and have a clear conscience afterward. If it does work out, you gained far more than any earthly reward.

didn't mean to go off like this, but it's been only four years since Mom's passing, and I tend to burn off a lot of emotional energy reserves when I talk about such things.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

AmriloJim wrote:
bmonk wrote::like:
Brother Monk, that's a custom smiley I added at CCoCv2: Image ... and its antonym, :nuke: Image
I know, but my version gets the point across... :)
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

bmonk wrote:I know, but my version gets the point across... :)
Shhhhh... I was jumping on the opportunity to sneak a shameless plug for the Couch.
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

At the buffet place this afternoon, I saw a young, busty Hispanic girl wearing a "Free Hugs" t-shirt.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

AmriloJim wrote:At the buffet place this afternoon, I saw a young, busty Hispanic girl wearing a "Free Hugs" t-shirt.
Were you in Minneapolis?

Say 'hi' to her from the Forumites next time, 'kay? :lol:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

NOTDilbert wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:At the buffet place this afternoon, I saw a young, busty Hispanic girl wearing a "Free Hugs" t-shirt.
Were you in Minneapolis?
UM,... Please tell me you're being facetious, and doing that for a laugh?... what part of AmriloJim's Gravatar info did you NOT understand? the location of his GPS?, or the AMARILLO, TEXAS part? how can you even begin to think he's up in Minneapolis?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

scantrontb wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
Were you in Minneapolis?
UM,... Please tell me you're being facetious, and doing that for a laugh?... what part of AmriloJim's Gravatar info did you NOT understand? the location of his GPS?, or the AMARILLO, TEXAS part? how can you even begin to think he's up in Minneapolis?
Wait, there isn't an Amarillo, Minnesota??????? :mrgreen: And seriously, He could be visiting there.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:Were you in Minneapolis?
scantrontb wrote:UM,... Please tell me you're being facetious, and doing that for a laugh?... what part of AmriloJim's Gravatar info did you NOT understand? the location of his GPS?, or the AMARILLO, TEXAS part? how can you even begin to think he's up in Minneapolis?
Mark N wrote:Wait, there isn't an Amarillo, Minnesota??????? :mrgreen: And seriously, He could be visiting there.
I thought, after reading this strip for so long, that everyone important lived in Minneapolis... :?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

....What he said.

There's also the guy known as Tex. No, he's not from Texas, he's from Louisiana, but doesn't like being called Louise....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Were you in Minneapolis?

Say 'hi' to her from the Forumites next time, 'kay? :lol:
The Confusion Corner Irregulars send their regards. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)