All Heck Is Breaking Loose 2013-06-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
scantrontb

Re: All Heck Is Breaking Loose 2013-06-26

Post by scantrontb »

Mark N wrote:
kingklash wrote:"I remember when you were just a chess program! You started small, you'll end small, mark my words!"

Talk about going retro for a quote. The sons of Flynn will find you for your donation.
I thought i recognized that quote, but i wasn't sure till you mentioned Flynn...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Atomic wrote:
Dave wrote:Is the Nu Gui the child's ghost itself ("spoiled" as it were) with its innocence corrupted? Or, is the Nu Gui something separate from the innocent child's ghost?

In either case... is there any hope for the innocent one? Any chance of a rescue or healing? We may not have come to near the end of this story-thread yet!
Indeed! How do you cultivate something other than fury from a being whose existence IS fury?

It's a bit like the "Coexist" types trying to understand a death cult whose entire purpose is to kill others.
Reminds me of a scene in C.S.Lewis' The Great Divorce--when he describes how God tries to recall souls lost in anger or peevishness or whatever sin they are trapped in--but if there is nothing left but the anger/complaint/whatever, then God lets them go.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

bmonk wrote:
Atomic wrote:
Dave wrote:Is the Nu Gui the child's ghost itself ("spoiled" as it were) with its innocence corrupted? Or, is the Nu Gui something separate from the innocent child's ghost?

In either case... is there any hope for the innocent one? Any chance of a rescue or healing? We may not have come to near the end of this story-thread yet!
Indeed! How do you cultivate something other than fury from a being whose existence IS fury?

It's a bit like the "Coexist" types trying to understand a death cult whose entire purpose is to kill others.
Reminds me of a scene in C.S.Lewis' The Great Divorce--when he describes how God tries to recall souls lost in anger or peevishness or whatever sin they are trapped in--but if there is nothing left but the anger/complaint/whatever, then God lets them go.

There are always times where the damage is far too great to fix. In the case of a Nu Gui the child's essence seems to be only a vessel for an elemental spirit, a Succubus. It seems to be like a poltergeist. That is not an angry ghost but the very elemental essence of anger and hatred, , the Nu Gui seems to be a similar phenomenon.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.