Blueberry Moonshine

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

Blueberry Moonshine

Post by TazManiac »

Somehow or another I went and bought a second mason jar of this stuff...

Blueberry

I'd taken a chance one year for my birthday and it must have been effective enough to cast into doubt whether it was 2014 or the year before.

(I do recall a blueberry theme though, including pie...)

In any case, this batch was scheduled for Outdoor Movie Night but it got postponed (the German Girls in from out of town, were in Santa Cruz instead...)

It's label says it follows the family recipe and is made in small batches, with real fruit...

Hmmm, and its Purrrrple.
DinkyInky

Re: Blueberry Moonshine

Post by DinkyInky »

That has me curious. I wonder if I could use that instead of gin for the Blueberry Hill...

*ponders*
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:That has me curious. I wonder if I could use that instead of gin for the Blueberry Hill...

*ponders*
ithinksobrain.jpg
ithinksobrain.jpg (43.67 KiB) Viewed 19508 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DinkyInky wrote:That has me curious. I wonder if I could use that instead of gin for the Blueberry Hill...

*ponders*
PS- It's 50 proof...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:

*ponders*
PS- It's 50 proof...
Listen to Fats Domino's "Blueberry Hill", then read my question again...just kidding, though it won't hurt

I've used the 99 series of booze for drinks before without anyone falling over, so proof isn't a concern. It's more about flavour. How blueberry is it?
Last edited by DinkyInky on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(dam'n. Gal's giving me Homework...)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Or, you could just watch Happy Days and wait for Richie to come on scene...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Well, it's a song that I take for granted, having had it played in and around my existence since before I was born.

Having just read the lyrics I see the theme of Love and Loss, and what remains despite the leaving...

PS- DinkyInky, I'd say you might want to try seeping Elderberries instead; not for anything to due with the 'elder' part, but they are better, nutrition wise.

(I haven't had good Gin yet, I must not have, cause I don't care for the stuff...)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:Well, it's a song that I take for granted, having had it played in and around my existence since before I was born.

Having just read the lyrics I see the theme of Love and Loss, and what remains despite the leaving...

PS- DinkyInky, I'd say you might want to try seeping Elderberries instead; not for anything to due with the 'elder' part, but they are better, nutrition wise.

(I haven't had good Gin yet, I must not have, cause I don't care for the stuff...)
I like Bombay Sapphire and Sapphire East, because the botanicals soften the gin's natural sharpness. Unless it was requested, I always went default Bombay Sapphire. My stepdad introduced me to it because he noticed my repeated attempts at gin drinks.

I have made steeped elderberry cordials, and it's not any different flavour wise.

I'm wanting a true blueberry drink. Might end up making some blueberry vodka.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DinkyInky wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Well, it's a song that I take for granted, having had it played in and around my existence since before I was born.

I like Bombay Sapphire and Sapphire East, because the botanicals soften the gin's natural sharpness. Unless it was requested, I always went default Bombay Sapphire. My stepdad introduced me to it because he noticed my repeated attempts at gin drinks.

I have made steeped elderberry cordials, and it's not any different flavour wise.

I made a blueberry compote once, very nice on Belgian waffles with satisfying dash of powdered sugar. My little (not so little now) girl loves her waffles. And the cherry/strawberry combo compote was also tasty. Lot of cutting up though.

And somebody has delicious chew...
Attachments
IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg (184.32 KiB) Viewed 19469 times
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Hansontoons wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

I made a blueberry compote once, very nice on Belgian waffles with satisfying dash of powdered sugar. My little (not so little now) girl loves her waffles. And the cherry/strawberry combo compote was also tasty. Lot of cutting up though.

And somebody has delicious chew...
So pretty.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DInkster,

From experience you are going to want to start w/ a Vodka, methinks, and since Blueberries are so delicate in flavour, maybe start out with too many berries, and see what happens.

(It's likely going to be more essence and nose vs taste anyways, right?)

There is something to be said for fiddling with a balance of both Fresh and Frozen berries too.