Recipe!

Talk about your favorite liquor, ask questions, and share stories all about booze!

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

songdog83

Recipe!

Post by songdog83 »

Thought Id share my Apple Pie recipe.......not the moonshine kind.
1 part Fireball Cinnamon Liquor
1 part apple juice
1 part apple cider

Its good chilled and heated.
ENJOY!
MrFireDragon

Re: Recipe!

Post by MrFireDragon »

now THAT'S an apple pie! :D lol

I think I'll try this one
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Back from the bad old days of me bartending private parties:

Dinky's Carnivale:

One shot each:
Seagram's Lime Twisted Gin
Bombay Sapphire
Grand Marnier
Disaronno Amaretto
Ginseng Rum(may substitute a dark flavoured rum)
Pusser's Rum

Sparkling Cranberry juice(or sweetened Cranberry juice and soda water)
Orange slices dredged in vanilla sugar

Place an orange slice in bottom of chilled glasses, and crush slightly with spoon.
Cover with ice.
Take all liquors and place in mixer; shake well.
Pour one shot of mixture into each glass, then add cranberry soda/sparkling cranberry to top off.
Garnish floating with slice of orange twisted and held with cocktail pick.

Gingerbread

One shot each:
Frangelico
Absolut Citron or Stoli Limon
Skyy Orange
Canton Ginger Liquor

Lemon slices dredged in vanilla sugar
Cinnamon sticks(soaked in Hot Damn for an hour)

Take all liquors and place in mixer; shake well.
Place a lemon slice in bottom of chilled glasses, and crush slightly with spoon.
Cover with ice.
Pour a shot of mixture into glass, then cover with soda, stirring slightly.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

Some of my friends take this as a shot, first stirring the drink with a cinnamon stick, then sucking on the lemon slice, then taking the shot.

Enjoy responsibly with a guaranteed DD or you staying at home.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Barn0wl

Post by Barn0wl »

I tossed something together that I thought tasted really good. I call it a Peach Cobbler (measurements weren't exact - I was just tossing it together);

About a cup of Kerns Peach Nectar
1 1/2 shots Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
1 1/2 shots Shmirnoff Vanilla Vodka

Mix together & pour over ice. I really liked it.
"A great person once said; 'you can fool some of the people some of the time.' But I (an even greater person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
[Max Headroom]
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Got bored.
Managed to find a great deal on blood oranges, and sliced, dredged them in raw cane sugar, then lined into mason jars.
I poured vodka over them and covered with lids.
Shook several times daily for a month.
Also sliced white ginger, dredged in raw cane sugar, and put in mason jars. Poured dry white rum over them.
Shook several times daily for a month.

Tasted them, and might leave them for another month or two before filtering and decanting into bottles.

Also, the fruit will be used in cooking, and the ginger will be left in just enough rum to cover it to keep it moist and will be used as a stomach remedy.

Oh right, recipes
One part Blood orange vodka + Two parts simple syrup and chocolate extract =
Chocolate orange

One part ginger rum + two parts Savannah cinnamon simple syrup + two clove buds = Ginger snap
Attachments
Spiked because I could...
Spiked because I could...
Spiked because I could.jpg (121.08 KiB) Viewed 28397 times
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Does this mean you like my photographic endeavours(or just the subject material)?

--Safyr Drathmir
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Speaking as someone who considers a chocolate orange the perfect dessert, the prospect of one that I could drink (and might get me drunk) is highly appealing.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Buzzy ginger and orange sounds like good idea to me! =) I'm considering how to make a chocolate/orange drink my own self.
(I'll share Dan...)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

My recipe:

Oranges, sliced thin, then dredged in raw cane sugar. I stuck them in a ziploc with a cup of sugar, sealed and shook.
Layer in Wide mouth quart mason jar until nearly full(I just used what I had handy).
Pour vodka of choice over it, and cover.
Shake several times daily for minimum of two weeks. Longer steepage makes the flavour better.
Remove fruit and strain vodka into another jar, then through filter paper if you wish.

Place fruit in freezer safe container. Freeze until you want them.
Place two scoops high quality chocolate ice cream into bowl and top with a few orange slices, and maybe some shaved chocolate.
Enjoy.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Oh, and if you don't want to do the massive amount of prep I did for mine:

Place into an ice filled shaker

2oz orange vodka of choice
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
2oz DeKuyper Creme de Cacao
Shake well.

Place in chilled martini glass that's had chocolate syrup drizzled decoratively over it. I've also used an orange peel twisted on a pick, then dredged it in sugar and floated it, then drizzled chocolate over it.

I'm going to make my own chocolate liqueur next.

--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

We need to get you a spot for a bar in the confusion corner. I wanna come visit you for the drinks! =P
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Filtered them once so far, letting it settle to see if I need to do so again. They look pretty.
Might get a whole ginger root and fancy bottle to suspend it in for both show and flavour(I like them strong like Cantons ginger).
Saw kumquats the other day, as well as sugar plums, and am sorely tempted to gather more supplies.

Second batch is doing well.

Sampled the vodka, and mixed with Bombay Sapphire and xhocolate simple syrup and had a semi dry chocolate orange martini. If it weren't for the expense, I'd be tempted to soak more oranges and make orange gin. But I rather like the quirky herbal quality of the Bombay, and angostura and Grand Marnier aren't orange enough. Oh well, onward and upward.

Debating on getting and sacrificing a brita pitcher for filtration, as I've blown through a bunch of micro paper ones already, and they're pricey.

On the plus, crappy quality ones will get smoother(so I could save by buying inexpensive alcohols), on the minus, initial cost.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Oh, and yeah, as long as I get to be keymaster and permission to hit you with the banhammer if you've had enough, sure, I'll bartend.

Puddin' says I have quite the backhand...isn't Mistah J. wonderful?

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

My kingdom for Creme de Violette!

I want a Bombay Aviation, but the one liquor store that carries the liqueur is so snooty, if you walk in in jeans, t-shirt, LeVian jewelry, Jimmy's(Jimmy Choo, creator of insanely high heels), and a Prada bag, they act like you're trash.

Went there to find a nice Super Tuscan, they were peddling crappy super cheap Cali zinfandels (we're talking $25- versus the $100+ bottle I was looking for. She was wearing all knockoff jewelry and fashion(this is a bit important, as she looked down on anything not gaudy or heavily labeled. My LeVian, for example, is expensive but tastefully simple, and my heels also simple, functional, and hella expensive. For sentimental teasons, my designer bags always get dropped into this ridiculously pink Betty Boop tote. Also for sentimental reasons, I wear a few costume pieces my son gave me, having carefully heavily painted on protective shellac.).
I called her a plebe after asking her what wine she'd pair with a chicken dish, and she said Cali red zinfandel instead of asking for more information. BTW, the general answer is a dry white. Her stock wine answers were these crappy Cali reds and whites, which were...not tasty from my bare sampling of them. Depending on region and preparation of chicken, you can go across the board. I had a Tuscan chicken dinner at an Italian cafe recently, full of vibrant red sauces, chicken, and delightful hand made pastas, and suprising only the waiter, I chose a vibrant, dry red Super Tuscan.
I then asked for three very expensive top shelf liqueurs(Canton's Ginger, Winter's Creme de Violette, Godiva Belgian Dark), she wasn't aware of any of them. I then asked her for three common mid shelf alcohols(Absolut Citron, Beefeater Gin, Pusser's rum). She had no clue what I wanted, and pointed to the frat boy stash. I was less than amused.

On my way out, I spied a manager, said staff was unkind, had very little knowledge of product, and me being a former bartender, I still like to keep up on popular items, fad drinks, and recurring classics, and I'd rather spend my money at a place that treated you like a customer, and not by how you dress...oh, and a tip: some people spend their money on education, soaking up the culture, and fine alcoholic beverages, and less on trashy FAKE haute couture, and your staff needs to learn product if they want that sale. I've no doubt your staff would ignore Donald Trump if he walked in here in t-shirt, jeans and cowboy boots.

I'm irritated. I have two thirds of the ingredients of my fave gin cocktail, and can almost taste it. Is it being too proud to want to avoid that place full of snobbery and idiots?

The recipe of my current mood...

The original Bombay Sapphire Aviation:

1 ½ oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
½ oz Maraschino liqueur
¼ oz Creme de Violette liqueur
½ oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
Lemon zest
Maraschino cherry
Ice

Place all but lemon zest in a cocktail shaker shake, then strain into your chilled glass.
Twist the zest over the glass to release the oils, serve.

It's blue like a clear sky, and a joy to make. I never got to garnish my drink with the cherry, as it always gets eaten first...either by me, or my cute son whose glorious smile and ever changing hazel eyes I cannot resist.

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:My kingdom for Creme de Violette!

I'm irritated. I have two thirds of the ingredients of my fave gin cocktail, and can almost taste it. Is it being too proud to want to avoid that place full of snobbery and idiots?
I wouldn't say so.

My local BevMo! has three bottles of the RothmanWinter in stock (that's what you were referring to?) - do they have a franchise in your area?
I never got to garnish my drink with the cherry, as it always gets eaten first...either by me, or my cute son whose glorious smile and ever changing hazel eyes I cannot resist.
Nor should you try! :D
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:]I never got to garnish my drink with the cherry, as it always gets eaten first...either by me, or my cute son whose glorious smile and ever changing hazel eyes I cannot resist.
That's why you have a whole pile of cherries at the ready.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:]I never got to garnish my drink with the cherry, as it always gets eaten first...either by me, or my cute son whose glorious smile and ever changing hazel eyes I cannot resist.
That's why you have a whole pile of cherries at the ready.
My mom has a neighbor with a sour cherry tree. We'd go out and pick two big bowls of cherries for cobblers and stuff.
Maybe you just need your own tree?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

As for recipes, I'm the definition of a teetotaler, but if there was a drink that could tempt me to the dark side, it'd be the Vesper. Just because James Bond invented it (and not just in the movie, it's in the original book, too).
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!