Phix's son - Shelly's dad

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

CraigR

Phix's son - Shelly's dad

Post by CraigR »

Ever since I found out that Shelly's father was Phix's son something has been nagging at me. Shelly has existed in all 57 iterations of the timeloop. That means her dad has, too. How did that work?

Did Phix have him and give him up 57 times? That doesn't just suck: that seems impossibly hard.

Was he born in some timeless place and then, in being introduced to the 'normal' timestream, been given an existence in all the loops? If so, might he have some awareness of the loops, especially now that the Calendar Machine is no more?
Julie

Re: Phix's son - Shelly's dad

Post by Julie »

I think Paul confirmed at some point that Shelly wasn't Phix's granddaughter in every time loop. Certainly here we see from Brandi's book that Shelly wasn't "Shelly" in every iteration of the loop. :) I don't think we need to worry about Shelly's dad having any awareness of the time loops...nor do we need to fear for Phix's broken heart for having to give up her son 57 times. Once was enough to hurt...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Mark N

Re: Phix's son - Shelly's dad

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:I think Paul confirmed at some point that Shelly wasn't Phix's granddaughter in every time loop. Certainly here we see from Brandi's book that Shelly wasn't "Shelly" in every iteration of the loop. :) I don't think we need to worry about Shelly's dad having any awareness of the time loops...nor do we need to fear for Phix's broken heart for having to give up her son 57 times. Once was enough to hurt...

You are correct Miss Julie, Paul has said that this Shelly is the only one that is related to Phix and also that her father is the only one as well so neither of them exixted before loop 57 (unless you try to use the fact that Shelly spent all of that time in the reverse progression of the Time Forrest).
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.