Describing Wapsi

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Describing Wapsi

Post by jwhouk »

Okay, in a different forum that I frequent for a different webcomic (no, not the one FPF frequents, a one a bit more "Questionable") I tried explaining the gist of Wapsi Square, especially as it related to the "end of the world" on Friday.

The best attempt that I had was this:
Minneapolis-based woman works as a museum curator, stumbles upon the supernatural and an apparent accident going back tens of thousands of years that caused time to reset and repeat 56 times. Woman, along with three girls who were transformed into golems by the society that caused the time reset issue, fix the machine that caused the reset - permanently.
Somehow I feel inadequate in that description, but it hits the highlights. Anything else I should have said?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Re: Describing Wapsi

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fart jokes.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The suggestion I had was from TV Tropes' "Better Than It Sounds" description:
An ordinary big-breasted Latina girl from Minneapolis has regular conversations with gods, monsters and demons but is convinced there's a rational explanation for it all. Oh yeah, and she can teleport.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hmmm -- main topics: Supernatural intrigue, overcoming horrible personal image issues, and coming to grips with evolving magical abilities.

25 words or less... Let's see:

Busty, neurotic Latina Minneapolis museum curator finds herself both pawn to and guide for mythic beings of legend, saving the world and each other - repeatedly!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Post by Julie »

Atomic wrote:Hmmm -- main topics: Supernatural intrigue, overcoming horrible personal image issues, and coming to grips with evolving magical abilities.

Busty, neurotic Latina Minneapolis museum curator finds herself both pawn to and guide for mythic beings of legend, saving the world and each other - repeatedly!
You forgot to say..."and they have a lot of fun and laughs, too!" Yes, I know that puts you over your word limit, but it's important to address that this comic is good for light-hearted smiles from time to time. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Julie wrote:
Atomic wrote:Busty, neurotic Latina Minneapolis museum curator finds herself both pawn to and guide for mythic beings of legend, saving the world and each other - repeatedly!
You forgot to say..."and they have a lot of fun and laughs, too!" Yes, I know that puts you over your word limit, but it's important to address that this comic is good for light-hearted smiles from time to time. :)
Ok -- rephrasing:

Busty, neurotic Latina Minneapolis museum curator finds herself both pawn to and guide for mythic beings of legend, saving the world and each other - humorously!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Post by Julie »

Atomic wrote:Ok -- rephrasing:

Busty, neurotic Latina Minneapolis museum curator finds herself both pawn to and guide for mythic beings of legend, saving the world and each other - humorously!
Huzzah! That's fantastic! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Atomic wrote:Hmmm -- main topics: Supernatural intrigue, overcoming horrible personal image issues, and coming to grips with evolving magical abilities.

I think we have a winner.