My InBox can't be filtered...

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

My InBox can't be filtered...

Post by TazManiac »

I've been trying to get the filter rules in the PM section of the Forum to divert the backlog in the filled InBox to a additional message folder, in fact I've creted more than one folder (to no avail, so far.)

I'd be hoping some one might either smack the box w/ an open hand OR point me in the right direction as to who to take this up with ...

"You have 414 unread messages...".

I can read them, and eventually intend to, but I can hardly encourage any new entries until I can get the housecleaning in order.
Warrl

Re: My InBox can't be filtered...

Post by Warrl »

I think rules are only applied to newly-incoming messages. For old messages, you can mark several and then use the dropdown below the message list to move them to a different folder. (In the process you can also bulk-delete them if that's the appropriate action - but note that there is no recovery once you verify it!)

But what do your rules look like, in the top section that lists them? I have rules like this, and they work fine.
If Subject is like stable relationship | Place into folder: A stable relationship
TazManiac

Re: My InBox can't be filtered...

Post by TazManiac »

Warri, in response; I just manually went through, creating a few 'Archive-0x' folders and hand moved page after page of "mark all now' entries to them.

Only then could the 'Release All Held Messages' actually kick into effect. (I had been assuming the change in 'rules' would be retroactive, 'live' so to speak, but what I find out is that its "from here on out, we'll do what you said to do...".