The Library May Have Met Its Match

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

Re: The Library May Have Met Its Match

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:As anyone who has tried to keep track of which microSD card is which can probably tell you, we've already reached a stage of compactness in storage where inability to provide a human-readable label is a problem.
There's a classic SF story in the form of a report from an interstellar expedition, which came across the remains of a long-dead civilization which had developed extremely high levels of information shortage density ("nudged quanta" was one intermediate stage). They'd had to develop many levels of indexing and cross referencing to find anything... and then the system crashed and corrupted the index and they didn't survive the subsequent return to the Stone Age.

You can probably guess the punchline.
DinkyInky

Re: The Library May Have Met Its Match

Post by DinkyInky »

Warrl wrote:As anyone who has tried to keep track of which microSD card is which can probably tell you, we've already reached a stage of compactness in storage where inability to provide a human-readable label is a problem.
I never had that issue. My Micro SD stayed in the devices I bought it for until my nephew was given a smartphone, and no storage medium. I moved everything onto a thumb drive, then gave him the card(for which he did heavy work for a month because he felt he owed it to me). The others are presumably still in the devices(out of sight, out of mind).
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir