Atsali's Tail (Poll In Thread)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Atsali's Tail (Poll In Thread)

Post by jwhouk »

So, since some of us who are the arbiters of references to the strip, we will put the question before you, the jury:

Should Atsali's Tail be considered a separate character on any cast list or database? In addition to your yes/no answer, please explain your reasoning.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Search…

Post by lake_wrangler »

I think it might be a little too early to tell. Maybe we can wait until we can see just how independent and sentient it is (although there already is strong indication that it is so...), and how it relates to/with Atsali.
Jabberwonky

Re: Search…

Post by Jabberwonky »

lake_wrangler wrote:I think it might be a little too early to tell. Maybe we can wait until we can see just how independent and sentient it is (although there already is strong indication that it is so...), and how it relates to/with Atsali.
What he said. But I get the feeling that cutie tail is going to help keep Atsali's feet on the ground...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Re: Atsali's Tail (Poll In Thread)

Post by Julie »

I'm with those two. *points up* We probably should wait to decide if Tail gets its own character listing...but the way things are going, it probably will deserve an independent reference. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

To me, the biggest issue is how Cutie Tail reacts with others- will it keep one wrapped tight, another turned loose? Tickle somebody's fancy but whip another to a frenzy?

Does it get hard for Nadette?

Can it possibly...BAD HOWARD!!! BAD!!! DIRTY OLD MAN!!! CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Considering its young age, Cutie Tail could only be considered to be a minor character.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:Considering its young age, Cutie Tail could only be considered to be a minor character.
Minor character but a major player... once it learns how to 'play'...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:Considering its young age, Cutie Tail could only be considered to be a minor character.
It is a spade tail, but that far from being a miner...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Puns! ALWAYS with the puns!

And YOU, Sargent! Get your mind out of the gutter!
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:Puns! ALWAYS with the puns!

But it's comfy here...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:

But it's comfy here...
lake_wrangler

Search…

Post by lake_wrangler »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:

But it's comfy here...
I find it amusing that a large part of the comments are related to the fact that this video is a cover of the song, and not Garth Brooks himself... There's not much about the content of the song, or how it might make some feel...
Sgt. Howard

Re: Search…

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote:I find it amusing that a large part of the comments are related to the fact that this video is a cover of the song, and not Garth Brooks himself... There's not much about the content of the song, or how it might make some feel...
The song is part of my repertoire, and nicely covers my second divorce. I no longer drink. The redhead sitting next to me keeps me very satisfied. The fact that I present as a 'lecherous old phart ' here gives her no end of amusement, for she knows how completely harmless I truly am. I do not insult easily, and I rather like it that way.

It's all good... OH!!! were you talking about the YOUTUBE commentary?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

As of right now, I'll keep this thread open until further developments warrant. And for the record, I don't think I'll include her tail as a separate "entity" unless Pablo says otherwise.

EDIT TO ADD: Oh, and LW? What's up with your Subject lines being "Search" all the time? Is that the browser or app you're using?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:As of right now, I'll keep this thread open until further developments warrant. And for the record, I don't think I'll include her tail as a separate "entity" unless Pablo says otherwise.

EDIT TO ADD: Oh, and LW? What's up with your Subject lines being "Search" all the time? Is that the browser or app you're using?
I never noticed. Must be a browser thing. Which I specifically replaced with the right title, this time, having now been made aware of it.

Edit: it's now confirmed: the moment I try to post something, Google Chrome replaces the subject with "Search...", so that I have to be careful to replace it again, just before posting for good. Mind you, it could also be one of the plugins I have in Chrome (though I have no idea as to which one it would be...)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:As of right now, I'll keep this thread open until further developments warrant. And for the record, I don't think I'll include her tail as a separate "entity" unless Pablo says otherwise.

I never noticed. Must be a browser thing. Which I specifically replaced with the right title, this time, having now been made aware of it.

Edit: it's now confirmed: the moment I try to post something, Google Chrome replaces the subject with "Search...", so that I have to be careful to replace it again, just before posting for good. Mind you, it could also be one of the plugins I have in Chrome (though I have no idea as to which one it would be...)
I took a wild stab at it, and got it in one shot: my password manager plugin (Lastpass - excellent tool) had three entries for the Wapsi forum, two of which were called "search", while only one was named after the name of the forum. I deleted the other two, and it stopped replacing the subject for me with "Search..." Yay.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I vote 'Nay'.

It's just shown up,
it's a part of Atsali, and well,
lets just go against the majority for no other reason than it seems I'm genetically predisposed to do so...

btw, and for the record;
thinking of things tubular as phallic, and things flower-like as the binary twin, isn't the least bit gutter-ish.
One might even describe it as Life Affirming...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:I vote 'Nay'.

It's just shown up,
it's a part of Atsali, and well,
lets just go against the majority for no other reason than it seems I'm genetically predisposed to do so...

btw, and for the record;
thinking of things tubular as phallic, and things flower-like as the binary twin, isn't the least bit gutter-ish.
One might even describe it as Life Affirming...
"But... THIS one's eating my POPCORN!!!"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I doubt the tail will prove to warrant being counted as a separate character. I get the feeling its seeming independence is really just a manifestation of Atsali's subconscious since she is not used to consciously controlling it yet. Little Nase showing Susan's emotions in El Goonish Shive comes to mind.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

1991 Grammy's I believe:

Hilarious version:
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir