Katherine Gilchrist and The Lost Dolls of The Anasazi

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Re: Katherine Gilchrist and The Lost Dolls of The Anasazi

Post by jwhouk »

Seriously, I've gotten ALL the tense stuff fixed now.

I dated the latest PDF so that I can say that the November 1, 2014 release was the final release.

Linkys are up thread.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Okay, now I'm REALLY serious. I caught the last three "oopsie" tense changes. It should read better now.

Two formats: the full Word format and the eBook-style format
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Resurrecting an old thread for a reason: since Pablo has indicated that KG&TLDOTA will be a separate (and soon-to-arrive) volume, I have decided to "update" the novel to a third "printing" - this time, adding an updated Epilogue.

I did take the opportunity to fix those last, pesky errors that I failed to catch the first (two or three) times through.

Posting will be done sometime this week, when I'm not being bugged by work.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Epilogue

"Wow."

Nadette tapped on her tablet, then set it down, astonished.

"That was really how it happened?" The young ursamorph looked at her siren classmate – and friend – with wide eyes.

"Pretty much," Atsali said with a shrug. "I got the story about the fish incident from Aunt Monica, and the back story about the Anasazi from Aunt Jin. Oh, and Aunt Acacia filled in the parts about the Nü Gui."

"I still can't get over how you call them your Aunts," Nadette's twin sister Berdine said as she entered Atsali's room. "I mean, considering who they are and all."

Atsali clicked to put her PC into sleep mode, and turned to face her friends.

"They're just ordinary people, like you and me."

Atsali reached back and adjusted her hair back to the way she normally wore it. She only pulled it back when she was on her computer, or if she was doing something that required her to see up-close.

"Ordinary paranormals, you mean," Nadette said with a smile.

"Isn't that an oxymoron?" Berdine squished her face in a sardonic look.

"What did you think of it, Nadette?" Atsali asked, changing the subject. "Do you think the teacher will like it? I hope it's not too wordy. I mean, it's just how it happened, is all."

"It's fine." Nadette smiled, knowing how worked up Atsali could be about her creative writing class. "You are a terrific writer. I bet you could make a living out of writing stories!"

"I always got into stuff like steampunk," Atsali said, bringing a finger to her lips in thought. "But I'm not so sure things like that would be popular."

"If you write it like that, it'll be popular." Nadette looked at her sister. "Ready to head back?"

"Yeah. We'll see you at school tomorrow, Sali." Berdine picked up her tablet, as Nadette did likewise.

Just then, Katherine Gilchrist poked her head into Atsali's room.

"Hello, dear," Kath began. "Are your two guests leaving?"

"Oh, hi, Ms. Gilchrist," Berdine said. "Yeah, we were heading back home."

"Please – Katherine is fine. 'Miss Gilchrist' makes me sound like I'm 65 instead of 45."

Nadette grinned a bit at this.

"We do need to use the Library portal system, though," Berdine said. "Neither of us have our temps yet."

"I think I'd be too nervous when it came time to take my driving test," Atsali thought out loud. "My wings would probably pop out – and that probably wouldn't be a good thing."

"With the family you have, I don't think you'd need a car," Nadette said. She turned to her sister. "I have to go say bye to Castela, or she'll think I'm angry at her."

Berdine waved at her.

"I'll meet you downstairs," she replied. "Ms. Gil – Katherine," Berdine caught herself, "Atsali was just showing us the story about the adventure the two of you had when you first met. I was just amazed."

Katherine closed her eyes, tilting her head in modesty as a slight blush crossed her pale features.

"We were just trying to solve a mystery," she demurred. "And find some answers."

"Turns out we found more than that," Atsali said as she hugged her mom.

Berdine blushed at the sight of the happy pair.

"See you tomorrow?" she asked Atsali.

"See you tomorrow." Berdine turned and headed down stairs to the paranormal door.

Katherine went to join her, but stopped for a second in the doorway.

"Atsali?"

"Yes?" Atsali stopped just as she was sitting down at her desk chair.

"You didn't put that, uh, one incident in the story, did you?" Kath looked at her with a half-worried expression.

"No, mom, I didn't include how you really lost your coat."

"Good." Kath waggled her finger at her paranormal daughter. "That thing was expensive, you know."

"You don't let me forget it, mom."

Atsali smiled with her mother for a moment before Kath left for downstairs.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And here it is - the third "printing" of KG&TLDOTA:

e-Book Version

3rd Revision (Full Letter-Size Format)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

"Atsali?"
"Yes?" Atsali stopped just as she was sitting down at her desk chair.
"You didn't put that, uh, one incident in the story, did you?" Kath looked at her with a half-worried expression.
"No, mom, I didn't include how you really lost your coat."
"Good." Kath waggled her finger at her paranormal daughter. "That thing was expensive, you know."
"You don't let me forget it, mom."
Atsali smiled with her mother for a moment before Kath left for downstairs.
By no means should you 'correct' your published work, but I seem to recall Katherine loosing her boots on that same adventure as well...

(Well Done JW!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It was mentioned in the novel. The joke is, Paul never explained how it disappeared after they entered the mine.

The truth - that Pablo AND Atsali omitted - was that she threw it in the mine cart.

The coat was found later by an MIB cleanup crew at the bottom of the Grass Canyon site, next to the remains of her boots. It was put in a biohazard bag because of an unusual amount of blood and urine content.

;)