Wapsi Square Trivia Quiz

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: Wapsi Square Trivia Quiz

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Q: Who is either afraid of, or at the very least thoroughly dislikes, spiders?
Shelly (one of several instances... just the easiest to find.)

C'mon, LW, that was too easy... and you'd just mentioned Shelly in your previous post! I'm going to decline winner's privilege and hand it back to you... could you give us one that's at least a bit obscure? :D
How about you find more than just Shelly?
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:How about you find more than just Shelly?
Amanda and/or Jacqui were reportedly scared by Katherine's collection of spiders.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Good. Now keep trying!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Katherine is scared if them, too.

So is Atsali - but I don't have the link at the moment.

EDIT: "I HATE SPIDERS! STEP ON IT!"
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:Katherine is scared if them, too.

So is Atsali - but I don't have the link at the moment.

EDIT: "I HATE SPIDERS! STEP ON IT!"
Yep. I gues you might call it a case of the apple not falling far from the tree.
Except that in this case, the branch it fell from was grafted in.
Later on.
(I guess this is where the analogy falls apart, somewhat... :roll: )
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:How about you find more than just Shelly?
Amanda and/or Jacqui were reportedly scared by Katherine's collection of spiders.
Now that I think about it, I don't think they were scared of the spiders, as much as weirded out by the fact that Katherine not only collected spiders, but brought the collection with her...

Consequently, I think I can only give one good answer to Dave (Shelly), to jwhouk's two (Katherine and Atsali). This means that jwhouk is our winner, this time around.

So, Dave, are you ready to eat your words, yet? Looks to me like it wasn't quite as easy as you thought, after all... ;)

Take it away, jwhouk.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Now that I think about it, I don't think they were scared of the spiders, as much as weirded out by the fact that Katherine not only collected spiders, but brought the collection with her...
Ah, but you are contradicting Monica... Kath said "I think I'm scaring your friends" and Monica said "No, the spiders are."

That's not quite Word of God, but it is Word of Latent Sub-Ttitan Protagonist, which is good enough for me in this context. :)
Consequently, I think I can only give one good answer to Dave (Shelly), to jwhouk's two (Katherine and Atsali). This means that jwhouk is our winner, this time around.

So, Dave, are you ready to eat your words, yet? Looks to me like it wasn't quite as easy as you thought, after all... ;)
Nah... I had a satisfactory answer to the question (as phrased) almost immediately. Now, if you had originally phrased it as "Identify all characters who..." :P
Take it away, jwhouk.
I yield to jwhouk :)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Now that I think about it, I don't think they were scared of the spiders, as much as weirded out by the fact that Katherine not only collected spiders, but brought the collection with her...
Ah, but you are contradicting Monica... Kath said "I think I'm scaring your friends" and Monica said "No, the spiders are."

That's not quite Word of God, but it is Word of Latent Sub-Ttitan Protagonist, which is good enough for me in this context. :)
Indeed. I stand corrected. For some reason, I seem to have completely overlooked the first panel of your second link. :roll:
Dave wrote:

Nah... I had a satisfactory answer to the question (as phrased) almost immediately. Now, if you had originally phrased it as "Identify all characters who..." :P
Actually, had I been looking for only one, I would have asked: "Name one person who is afraid of spiders" Instead, I left it open-ended with merely the question "Who...", so as to not immediately give away the fact that there ware more than one. So your original answer was a correct one, but only a partial one.
Dave wrote:
Take it away, jwhouk.
I yield to jwhouk :)
Now that you corrected my misinterpretation of your second set of links, I can see that you have three right answers (Shelly, Amanda, Jacqui), to jwhouk's two (Katherine, Atsali). So by rights, the next question is yours. Do you really wish to give it to jwhouk anyway?

The choice is yours.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:[Actually, had I been looking for only one, I would have asked: "Name one person who is afraid of spiders" Instead, I left it open-ended with merely the question "Who...", so as to not immediately give away the fact that there ware more than one. So your original answer was a correct one, but only a partial one.
The wonderful and scary thing about the English language is how ambiguous it often is. :)
Now that you corrected my misinterpretation of your second set of links, I can see that you have three right answers (Shelly, Amanda, Jacqui), to jwhouk's two (Katherine, Atsali). So by rights, the next question is yours. Do you really wish to give it to jwhouk anyway?

The choice is yours.
Yup... I don't have an idea on tap at the moment and am too sleepy to chase one down... so, jwhouk, please give us one to chase!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Maybe a pretty simple thing, but I'd like some specifics:

What two vehicles do we see Shelly driving in the strip?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

She rides a motorcycle (whose tires Lucy once deflated), and drives a sports/muscle car (on the hood of which she tried to slide, à la Bo Duke, only to slide off the other side, at which point Amanda said she'd drive...)

I don't have time to look for links. Whoever finds the links can have the next question...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I was looking for some SPECIFICS.

As in, what kind of motorcycle AND what kind of car?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:I was looking for some SPECIFICS.

As in, what kind of motorcycle AND what kind of car?
Yep. That's why, having now enough details to know where to look, anyone who looks for those links will probably be able to tell more details about those two vehicles. :mrgreen:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, it's this kind of car... ;)
Another shot of the car.

Edit: from the looks of the front grill on the second link, it may be a first or second generation Dodge Charger (1966-67, or 1968-70)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

And it's this kind of motorcycle... ;)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'm still looking for the other comic strip where we see her laying on her bike, and thinking about sex... we see the bike much better on that page.

Meanwhile, I would venture a guess that it might be an Indian motorcycle?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Here's a very good shot of her motorcycle. Motorcycle aficionados, to your search engines! :mrgreen:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:I'm still looking for the other comic strip where we see her laying on her bike, and thinking about sex... we see the bike much better on that page.

Meanwhile, I would venture a guess that it might be an Indian motorcycle?
Having looked them up, I now know that the Indian motorcycles have much different different fenders (the tailpipes are different, too)...

How about a Harley Davidson?
(Compare with previously shown link of Shelly's motorcycle.)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Lake, my dear man, you are SOOOOO WRONNNGGG about Shelly's car.

And that's all I'm gonna say. ;)

Oh, and you're also wrong about her bike.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, I did say it could be a Dodge Charger...

And I really don't know enough about motorcycles to know what model it is, although the link to the Harley's photo does look a lot like Shelly's bike (though not completely - the motor parts do look slightly different).

However, I know that with the linked comics showing the two vehicles, someone is bound to recognize them. So I took it upon myself to do the first part, namely providing those comic links.