Wapsi Square Trivia Quiz

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: Wapsi Square Trivia Quiz

Post by lake_wrangler »

Q) As powerful as Monica may be, Superman she ain't... How exactly did we find out?
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote:Q) As powerful as Monica may be, Superman she ain't... How exactly did we find out?
Well, I'm still lookin', though usually with a blank stare.
How about the occasional bandaid on leg? Though I am sure there is a better answer...this is the first one I thought of. And she can be killed, but then regenerates. Used to not be able to do that to ol' Supe.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hansontoons wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Q) As powerful as Monica may be, Superman she ain't... How exactly did we find out?
How about the occasional bandaid on leg? Though I am sure there is a better answer...this is the first one I thought of. And she can be killed, but then regenerates. Used to not be able to do that to ol' Supe.
Well, let's just say that she doesn't have his panache or style...
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:
She does have a magic 8-ball...
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

lake_wrangler wrote::?: Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people are still looking at these questions... Because it looks like just a few (3? 4?) people taking turns... :?:
i READ all of them, and even though i may be able to ANSWER some of them, i don't bother anymore because of the fact that i can't think up NEW questions to ask if it happens that I'm the guy with the correct answer...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote: Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people are still looking at these questions... Because it looks like just a few (3? 4?) people taking turns... :?:
I look, and occasionally make a comment not necessarily intended to be taken seriously (such as pointing out Dietzel being afraid of a spider, which under the circumstances was hardly evidence of a phobia).
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people are still looking at these questions... Because it looks like just a few (3? 4?) people taking turns... :?:
I look, and occasionally make a comment not necessarily intended to be taken seriously (such as pointing out Dietzel being afraid of a spider, which under the circumstances was hardly evidence of a phobia).
Still, it's nice to have others comment as well... I had completely forgotten about Dietzel... Though as you said, it was more indicative of a temporary fright, rather than a deep-seated fear. But like they say, the more the merrier, different points of view, and all that...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hansontoons wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Hansontoons wrote: Well, I'm still lookin', though usually with a blank stare.
She does have a magic 8-ball...
The word "unglamorous" definitely applies to Monica's way of doing the super-hero thing... ;)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Her landings leave much to be desired.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:
That is certainly true, but that is not what I'm looking for. The last hint given should be useful, in its wording...
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
That is certainly true, but that is not what I'm looking for. The last hint given should be useful, in its wording...
Not... The Crimson Mantis?!?

Edit.
Hmm. Italics thingy dint werk. Oh well.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hansontoons wrote:Not... The Crimson Mantis?!?

Edit.
Hmm. Italics thingy dint werk. Oh well.
Nope.

And for the italics, your closing tag is missing the forward slash "/" in front of the "i" , like this:

Code: Select all

[/i]
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

The fact that she has a personality? (Link to... pretty much every page she's ever appeared on, spoken on, or been spoken about on.)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

lake_wrangler wrote:
The word "unglamorous" definitely applies to Monica's way of doing the super-hero thing... ;)
The word "unglamorous" immediately takes me to http://wapsisquare.com/comic/portapoopoit/ – and indeed, Jin is talking about the super-hero thing, "all the time needing to maintain secrecy from the general public".

Superman, of course, being from a different era, would use a phone booth. 8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sidhekin wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
The word "unglamorous" immediately takes me to http://wapsisquare.com/comic/portapoopoit/ – and indeed, Jin is talking about the super-hero thing, "all the time needing to maintain secrecy from the general public".

Superman, of course, being from a different era, would use a phone booth. 8-)
Yes!

Incidentally,the Mythbusters once debunked that idea... Unless they were wearing overalls, which would be easy enough to slide off, with the hero costume underneath, there was just not enough room in a phone booth to take off their street clothes. :lol:

Also, one has to wonder about the decency of getting undressed in a small space WITH WINDOWS ALL AROUND!!! :roll:

So take it away, Sidhekin!
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Okay, let me try one of those more open-ended ones ...

Q: Who has been mentioned potentially kicking Shelly's ass?

There may be more, and I'll take them, but I have two in mind I'd like to see before considering this question answered.

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sidhekin wrote:Okay, let me try one of those more open-ended ones ...

There may be more, and I'll take them, but I have two in mind I'd like to see before considering this question answered.
Hmm. Interesting wording... If it wasn't for the fact that you specify "mentioned", I would put Phix at the top of the list (as having already done so, so to speak, even...)

Connie also packs a mean punch... But with her being derived from Shelly to begin with, would she be able to kick her butt? I don't know.

Pre-sphinxing out, I suppose any of the three golem girls could have done it as well.

But having to provide examples where one is mentioned as potentially being able to kick her butt, that will require some searching... Searching which I do not have time to do, right now...
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Sidhekin wrote:Okay, let me try one of those more open-ended ones ...

Hmm. Interesting wording... If it wasn't for the fact that you specify "mentioned", I would put Phix at the top of the list (as having already done so, so to speak, even...)

Connie also packs a mean punch... But with her being derived from Shelly to begin with, would she be able to kick her butt? I don't know.

Pre-sphinxing out, I suppose any of the three golem girls could have done it as well.

But having to provide examples where one is mentioned as potentially being able to kick her butt, that will require some searching... Searching which I do not have time to do, right now...
maybe a helpful hint from a lurker (maybe not, I've given bad hints before :P)

The assistant at the yoga place was pretty upset with Shelly more than a few times. I suspect she might be one of the two?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Grantwhy wrote:maybe a helpful hint from a lurker (maybe not, I've given bad hints before :P)

The assistant at the yoga place was pretty upset with Shelly more than a few times. I suspect she might be one of the two?
From my reading of the question, I gather that Sidhekin is expecting us to find instances where someone is said, verbally, to have the strength necessary to be able to kick Shelly's butt, should the need ever manifest itself. So not just a motive, but the potential to actually do it.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Interesting ...

... a couple of hints then:

The low-hanging fruit is it is flatly stated someone could kick Shelly's ass. This is part of a character story arc, so it should be easy to find the link once you twig. Sheesh, I can imagine some of you kicking your own ass once you do. 8-)

In the other case, it is stated someone will kick Shelly's ass if certain conditions are met. It is more of a throwaway comment, so should be more difficult to locate, but it shouldn't be too hard to remember.

Or so I thought. I've been wrong before as to which WSTQ questions are easy and which are difficult.