Sgt. Howard's Wedding- comments section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard's Wedding- comments section

Post by Sgt. Howard »

This actually started in January of 2021- circumstances intervened and as a result there was a bit of a delay. Bottom line- Annie has finally gotten a divorce from her first husband and we got married! It was about Washington law regarding children in divorce coupled with her ex's love of control. The 17th of April, 2021, is our actual marriage date... here's how it might have happened in our world. Enjoy!
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Re: Sgt. Howard's Wedding- comments section

Post by Warrl »

Very minor nitpick: "high dessert" is what Okanogan County's Finest ate after their pizza during a certain adventure in a box canyon. The word you want here is "desert" with only one S.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Warrl wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:48 pm Very minor nitpick: "high dessert" is what Okanogan County's Finest ate after their pizza during a certain adventure in a box canyon. The word you want here is "desert" with only one S.
Thank you! I'm pretty sure there are other typos hither and yon, but they all get ironed out in the end. Situation corrected...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Yeah, sunrise in eastern Washington is usually pretty . . . and pretty cold.

I remember a discussion about why he rebuilt a double-wide . . instead of demolishing and building new.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Congratulations, Greg, and best wishes to you both!

(A friend of my wife is in a somewhat similar situation, but a bit worse. Her partner is a Mexican citizen whose wife just up and left him, years ago, and nobody knows where she is. Under Mexican law it's apparently almost impossible to get a divorce or annulment if you can't serve your spouse or prove that they are dead... and trying to do either would be expensive beyond their means and not guaranteed to succeed. If they were in the US it would be easier, but he can't immigrate if they aren't married... Catch-22.)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

How do you change a thread title?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

First Post, change it if you’re the OP.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:44 pm First Post, change it if you’re the OP.
Do I re-post it? I cannot seem to include the title in the 'edit' mode... idiot me! I figured it out! Thank you!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:54 pmCongratulations, Greg, and best wishes to you both!

(A friend of my wife is in a somewhat similar situation, but a bit worse. Her partner is a Mexican citizen whose wife just up and left him, years ago, and nobody knows where she is. Under Mexican law it's apparently almost impossible to get a divorce or annulment if you can't serve your spouse or prove that they are dead... and trying to do either would be expensive beyond their means and not guaranteed to succeed. If they were in the US it would be easier, but he can't immigrate if they aren't married... Catch-22.)
Someone I knew was unable to get a passport . . . because he couldn't get a copy of his birth certificate . . . we were fairly sure he was born somewhere in the L.A./Orange County area, but he didn't know what name his mother had been using at the time . . . Nor what she put for father's name . . .

--FreeFlier
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

So Nosy Neighbor is a papparazzi at heart . . .

Assuming that paparazzi can have hearts, of course.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:11 pm So Nosy Neighbor is a papparazzi at heart . . .

Assuming that paparazzi can have hearts, of course.

--FreeFlier
He is a real person who is my neighbor and can be a total asshole at times.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

and can be a total asshole at times.
Pretty much everyone manages that occasionally...

... some more often than others...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, I suppose I can put my catching-up-on-the-old-fanfics operation on hold, for a bit...

While I don't think much of remarriage (I am, after all, waiting for God to bring my wife back...), I'm guessing your first spouse has long since remarried... So congratulations, Greg!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

"Her name is Aeterna, not Dixie you old Rebel! When will you accept that?!?"

"When the North concedes, and not a moment sooner..."
Bwa hahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That might... take a while...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

"I still want you watching the outhouse, in case somebody can't vorp here," Annie told James, the older boy.

The burly, 22 year old looked at his Mother and replied, "You told me the system is pretty fool-proof- what is the worry here?"

"There's more devilment that Al and Glytch can get into by accident than you two boys managed on purpose- keep your eyes pealed." came the Mama's voice.

"I.. see... very well, then," and James cast his eyes towards the field uphill from the house.
If THAT doesn't put the fear of God in him... :shock:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:55 pm Well, I suppose I can put my catching-up-on-the-old-fanfics operation on hold, for a bit...

While I don't think much of remarriage (I am, after all, waiting for God to bring my wife back...), I'm guessing your first spouse has long since remarried... So congratulations, Greg!
My first spouse is dead- I had nothing to do with it, there was two state borders between her and I when she died.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:57 pm
lake_wrangler wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:55 pm Well, I suppose I can put my catching-up-on-the-old-fanfics operation on hold, for a bit...

My first spouse is dead- I had nothing to do with it, there was two state borders between her and I when she died.
My apologies. I hope I didn't come across as rude.

I sometimes suffer from hoofinmouth disease...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:34 amI sometimes suffer from hoofinmouth disease...
Don't we all...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Warrl wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:19 am
lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:34 amI sometimes suffer from hoofinmouth disease...
Don't we all...
No offence taken- we were divorced a good number of years at the time, and I actually came pretty close to killing her for what she was doing to my children. I stopped right at the "moment of truth" when I realized I would be killing the mother of my children- and I realized that couldn't live with that. If ever there was a motive for murder, she provided it in spades. She has since answered to a higher court.

I just found it amusing - she HAD remarried, once the alimony ran out, and our relationship was ... cordial... enough that the children (now adult) didn't need to brace themselves when she and I got in contact. When word got out of her death, nearly everyone who knew us was asking me how I did it...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Still... hindsight 20/20 and all, I should have kept my comment to something like:

So... you finally decided it was time you were "doing it right"? ;)