Full Disclosure discussion section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Just Old Al

Full Disclosure discussion section

Post by Just Old Al »

Another one from the annals of Richer Engineering and its little spot in the Wapsiverse. Long-delayed and long overdue it’s hopefully a return to a more frequent schedule of fiction releases. This particular effort runs nearly 100,000 words, so settle in, get yourself a cuppa and enjoy.

This one is mine start to finish, with the indispensable editorial assistance of Ms. Dinky Inky and input from Sarge and Shneekey The Lost on matters of their expertise.

Questions, comments - please post them here. As always, while editing is welcome this is not the purpose of the postings - enjoy the story for a story.
Last edited by Just Old Al on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
GlytchMeister

Re: Full Disclosure discussion section

Post by GlytchMeister »

Strap in folks, it’s a good one.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Absolutely loving the verbal characterizations, and I damned near broke out laughing loud enough to wake up my wife in the next room at the characters' reactions to Victoria. :lol:

Al, the image posting codes in the last part didn't work... I don't think that this phpBB supports "div". (Checks administrator control panel... nope, no "div" mapping is defined.)
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:11 am Absolutely loving the verbal characterizations, and I damned near broke out laughing loud enough to wake up my wife in the next room at the characters' reactions to Victoria. :lol:

Al, the image posting codes in the last part didn't work... I don't think that this phpBB supports "div". (Checks administrator control panel... nope, no "div" mapping is defined.)
Damn - thought I got those....bugger.

Victoria is a lovely lass indeed. Daisy’s a Bentley gal, so a classic one in mint condition....yeah, very visceral reaction. Al, of course, can’t keep his hands off anything with a motor as we very well know. It was one of the things that he and the late Wing Commander had in common, along with a taste for adventure and a tiger stripe to the soul.

Alan
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

I enjoyed this immensely!
Al has a harem...of cars.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

But, alas, no Mulliner Park Ward.

EDIT: you are going to post the pictures, once converted?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:01 pm But, alas, no Mulliner Park Ward.
No, sadly. The Model R was a factory body. A lovely beast, though.
EDIT: you are going to post the pictures, once converted?
Sadly, no. One of them has the old git in it - I ran into him at a car show in June and got a pic of him in a Morgan 3-wheeler thanks to a cooperative owner. He'll eviscerate me if I publish it.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:45 pmSadly, no. One of them has the old git in it - I ran into him at a car show in June and got a pic of him in a Morgan 3-wheeler thanks to a cooperative owner. He'll eviscerate me if I publish it.
Surely, a little bit of photoshopping could fix that... blur the face, or overlay a Guy Fawkes mask, or maybe Alfred E. Neumann, or ???
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Nah, it's better to imagine it. Though what might be funny is a Snoopy vs. The Red Baron like stamp on the side.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I assume there is more of this to come?
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

What part of 'Nearly 100,000 words' slipped by you, Joe?

Yes. Total chapter count here is 44 IIRC.
Last edited by Just Old Al on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Slipped my mind.

By the way - a head canon thought occurred to me as I was going over things. Take this for what you want, but I believe that there may be a reason why Rock (and hence Buck and company) were Anglophiles: his mother and/or grandmother may have been an ex-pat.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Good thought but I doubt it. Rock wasn’t really an Anglophile more Than he was a Bond nut from way back when Crowbar got him access to the set of”Diamonds Are Forever” in Vegas. (Jill St.John....oooooh)

Rosalynd is learning what that silly title means..
Last edited by Just Old Al on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Magnificent!

--FreeFlier
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

FreeFlier wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am Magnificent!

--FreeFlier
I will mention that I had the flying bits vetted by.a friend of mine who flies C-47s... thought you’d appreciate that. :)
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

chicgeek wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:58 pm I enjoyed this immensely!
Al has a harem...of cars.
Hang on to that harem comment...you’ll find it strikingly appropriate later. 🤗
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Just Old Al wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:03 am Good thought but I doubt it. Rock wasn’t really an Anglophile more Than he was a Bond nut from way back when Crowbar got him access to the set of”Diamonds Are Forever” in Vegas. (Jill St.John....oooooh)

Rosalynd is learning what that silly title means..
Works for me.

I'm getting a sense things aren't going to go off without a hitch.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Joe, when have you ever known anything around Al to go according to plan?

While strikingly bereft of car chases and explosions of a physical nature, there will be twists and turns.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:10 pm Joe, when have you ever known anything around Al to go according to plan?
True that! I see an errant "div" lurking in the middle of the Scott-Holland text... it apparently evaded the bloodhounds sent to round up the flock (or pack, or pride, or murder, or ...). :twisted:

This has been two mornings in a row with some great first-thing reading - very much appreciated!
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

I'll go whack that errant DIV, Dave.

I am surprised no one commented on the funeral service.