Wapsi Square - The Role Playing Game

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

Re: Wapsi Square - The Role Playing Game

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:I wanted to make a character sheet like Sarge, but I realized if I used the stats and characteristics for Glytch as he would have them at the end of his story, it'd spoil major developments... And that's the only version of him I have figured out enough in my head to properly make a character sheet for.
So, what about making up a stats sheet for an alternate-world Bizarro version of Glytch?
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:I wanted to make a character sheet like Sarge, but I realized if I used the stats and characteristics for Glytch as he would have them at the end of his story, it'd spoil major developments... And that's the only version of him I have figured out enough in my head to properly make a character sheet for.
So, what about making up a stats sheet for an alternate-world Bizarro version of Glytch?
Uh... The opposite of Glytch? Wouldn't that be a perpetually drunk, womanizing has-been high-school star quarterback?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hmmm. Sounds like far too common a sort of character to be worth playing, then.

Except possibly as an Ethnic Mine Detector NPC, perhaps.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I guess I can try to make the current version of Glytch...

Lesse here...

GlytchMeister
Human Scientist/Scholar/Technomancer/Ranger

Weapons: Custom-made elven Compound Bow with Dispel (other enchantments not yet discovered)
Safyr's Favor (War Dagger with ShadowWalk enchantment +5 Stealth, nullifies clothing stealth negative points)
Elven work knife (not intended as a weapon)
The Discombomulator: man-portable shoulder-configured LED Incapacitator, Long Range Acoustic Device, and microwave Active Denial System combined into a single non-lethal weapon designed to totally and completely incapacitate targets. Tends to cause Spark behavior to occur in the wielder.

Armor: Elven Kevlar coat liner and (dragon?)scale cloak. +(a lot) Hitpoints
Camo Leather ranger gear, elven-tailored. +2 stealth in wilderness, +(some) hitpoints
Best Formal Wear +2 charisma, -2 stealth

Abilities: VORP Admin - capable of performing simple teleports (self, up to three others, and simple objects) near-instantly through phone app (does not count as a turn). Medium difficulty teleports take one turn to complete. Complex or high difficulty teleports require three turns to prepare and access to his Laptop

Absolute Mental Authority: Master of his own mind. Extreme resistance (almost completely unaffected by) fear magic, Titan and Olympian Emotional Influence (brainwave interference), Demon manipulation, etc. (This happened as a result of the events of Demons of the Past) Can be greatly reduced by emotional trauma.

Partial Night Vision/Light Sensitivity: can see better in the dark than most humans, but is less comfortable in bright sunlight. (One of the reasons he wears a hood all the time) -1 perception in bright light without sunglasses/hood, +1 perception in medium to low light.

Whitehat Hacker/Cybersecurity analyst: Extremely well versed in penetrating technological security measures, also a skilled programmer and longtime denizen of the Internet.

Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, picked up a lot of other random knowledge along the way

Former Boy Scout: Well-versed in wilderness survival, knots, lashings, tracking, etc as well as good leadership and interpersonal skills. Eats hearty and prefers very large breakfasts. Bonus to archery.

Moderate Spark: Mad Scientist. Can use knowledge of math, science, and technology to bend the limits of possibility to his whim, and can incite powerful curiosity in others. However, can't quite break the laws of physics as understood by modern science... Unless... (+1 charisma, endurance, perception, and intelligence)

Technomancer: subclass of Spark: can analyze magic and other arcane things to enhance his capabilities as a Spark by utilizing "sufficiently analyzed magic" (additional +3 to perception and intelligence)

Virtues of Constructive Cowardice: Extremely good at running away. Parkour can also be used in a fight to dodge and attain advantageous positions for attack and defense, as well as some skill in sleight-of-hand applied to entire body to trick opponent into looking the wrong way. Also very good as social stealth - can disappear in a crowd.

(Skill points: 10 is maximum human potential without aid of magic, 5 is average, 0 is pitiful to nonexistent)

Strength: 6
Charm: 7
Diplomacy: 7
Libido: 8.5 but controlled
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Perception: without corrective lenses: 3 with glasses: 7
Dexterity: 9
Stealth: when NPC's are present: 9 no NPC's: 7

Neutral Good (can stray into Chaotic Good when behaving as a Spark)

Faith: Atheist. Places his faith in the hands of good friends and in himself.
I'm too much!
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

On that if we do an spread sheet with an Algorithm to determine how far one skill or attribute will advance as the skill is used or action is done. I have that problem: For Arguments sake if I used my character augmented by the trip to purgatory would be end stats. A hybrid D&D 3.0 Character stats and Development , and the Character Development seen in games like Mass Effect or even Fallout New Vegas.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

chicgeek wrote:This is a cop out, but how about the Amber diceless roleplaying game? I haven't looked at the sourcebook in years, and only played it briefly, online. But it's pretty much pure storytelling. Sounds like a natural for this group!
The game formerly known as...
You can find the current game, Lords of Gossamer & Shadow, with full support.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Ah, thanks. It has been a while!
Used to play D & D, but not for years. Tunnels and Trolls (very fun!), same. Champions. Shadowrun. Dresden Files. A few others. Now I'm in an online Exalted campaign with a group of buddies that's been going on for ages-gives us an excuse to hang out. We've also played a little Changling, and are planning a short, horror themed game with World of Darkness rules this summer.
We had a wonderful storytelling/game/fan fic ongoing thing for many years dealing with mad science, but real life has interfered, and it's mostly ground to a halt. Perhaps someday we'll revive it.
Sigh...I fit the stereotype of the gamer's girlfriend. "Honey, what dice do I roll?" But I'm mathematically challenged. And hate combat with the passion of a thousand firey suns, as it seems to drag on forever, whatever the game system.
So I and my out of date knowledge are mostly reading along in this thread for fun.

Glytch, my mad had a disorientation ray, that used certain frequencies to play hell with the inner ear, mess up one's sense of balance, cause nausea and hangover like effects. Can I use your idea and call it the Discombubulator if I ever get back to writing her? If not, that's cool.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

chicgeek wrote:Glytch, my mad had a disorientation ray, that used certain frequencies to play hell with the inner ear, mess up one's sense of balance, cause nausea and hangover like effects. Can I use your idea and call it the Discombubulator if I ever get back to writing her? If not, that's cool.
That's actually one of the settings that can be used on the Discombobulator. It can also play frequencies that resonate with dissolved gasses in blood, giving victims a sudden case of "the bends." :twisted:

Sure! I'm not making any money off of this. If you build a working version, however, and try to sell it to the military, I want a cut. :P
I'm too much!
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Pfft. Like we'd trust the military with this? Sarge and Al, maybe. :D

Mad scientists are such fun...I really need to get back to writing.
Gingerninja

Post by Gingerninja »

My vote (if I get one) would be to use mutants and masterminds 2nd edition . It has all the capabilities for doing what y'all suggest and a definite skill tree similar to D&D 3.5/pathfinder. Ascension or stat boosting is easy enough and there are even rules for mundane style training to gain better stats. I.e. the mastermind manual and ultimate power books. I actually have all the 2nd edition books on pdf.
I would eat your soul, but I'd prefer to keep my lunch down.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

I have found FATE core to be the most flexible system for story telling games. I've been able to adapt it to practically anything from transhuman to military. It's my go-to for quick adaptations.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

chicgeek wrote:Pfft. Like we'd trust the military with this? Sarge and Al, maybe. :D

Mad scientists are such fun...I really need to get back to writing.
Sarge? The man who authored the immortal phrase "Hold my coffee...watch this!"

At which point Al is headed for the nearest megaton-range fallout shelter.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."