Stainless Steel Angel

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dave

Re: Stainless Steel Angel

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:
Dave wrote:Blame the hackers. Somebody uploaded some malware to the DeLorean's central computer that started trying to mine Bitcoins, and the cpu overheated. :(
I blame Paddy McCarthy and the third pint he had at lunch. An English sportscar with Lucas components assembled by Irish engineering help...ayh.

Recipe for disaster, much?
The bind moggles!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

He couldn't have done it. That thing didn't have a control box.

Unless that really is Buck's DeLorean. And something happened between him and Mrs. Faust. Or worse yet, Mr. Faust...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

WARNING - THREAD NECROMANCY IN PROGRESS ... WARNING - THREAD NECROMANCY IN PROGRESS

I'm no gearhead, by any means... yet I read this story again, six years after it started, with just as much interest as the first time around. Kudos to all involved, in taking a restoration project and making a believable and captivating story out of it.

Loved every minute of it!

(Loved the drawing at the end of the PDF, too! Well done!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 209626007/

Thread necromancy, by way of car necromancy.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:29 pm https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/ca ... 209626007/

Thread necromancy, by way of car necromancy.
And some nitwit with more money than brains will buy it. I personally think that they're going to find the chassis rotted given the environment it was in - condensation inside the box section will have done for it. Then, the question becomes how much money do you want to pour down this particular rat's nest?

New interior, wiring harness, complete refresh of the engine, transmission and all of the hydraulics, chassis, rubber for the glass...yeah. This is a complete rebuild. The GRP will have held up well as will the stainless panels and glass, but everything else is bloody shot.

Been here, done this (not on one of those horrid things, but...) and wore out the oil=stained T-shirt.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Arrrrrrrghhhhhhhh....... I hate you.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."