Doing it right...

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

lake_wrangler

Re: Doing it right...

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:And that gets us through Epilogue 1... basically.
And just how many epilogues do you plan on making?
:twisted:

Does a whole self-sustaining continuity count? We've got a gold mine for story asking here... Both with Paul's altered characters and our own.

It's like our own little universe as our plaything! MUAHAHAHA!
[von zinzer] HEY! Cut that out! [/von zinzer]

Ahem. Anyway... I can see this thing continuing on for a long time, especially if all of the authors stay interested.
Well, your continuation is certainly entertaining, so far... Hope your brain's not too fried, from all those memories being dumped into it...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

lake_wrangler wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote: :twisted:

Does a whole self-sustaining continuity count? We've got a gold mine for story asking here... Both with Paul's altered characters and our own.

It's like our own little universe as our plaything! MUAHAHAHA!
[von zinzer] HEY! Cut that out! [/von zinzer]

Ahem. Anyway... I can see this thing continuing on for a long time, especially if all of the authors stay interested.
Well, your continuation is certainly entertaining, so far... Hope your brain's not too fried, from all those memories being dumped into it...
*bows*

Thanks! I'm really glad it's getting a good reception. And... Heh. Glytch-the-character's brain is thoroughly deep-fried. And that's all I'm gonna say before I start spoiling things.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, it's been just about a week, with no new update, and with separate stories continuing on their own, elsewhere...

Does that mean...

... that ...

:cry: Moman! C'est fini! :cry:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

No, no, just some behind-the-scenes things going on.

I'm trying to keep Suzie from eating some of my co-workers right now...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jwhouk wrote:No, no, just some behind-the-scenes things going on.

Do they deserve it?

. . .

OTOH, if they're like some of mine, the stupid might be contagious . . .

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:No, no, just some behind-the-scenes things going on.

I guess that's a worthy goal... :D
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

lake_wrangler wrote:
C'est pas fini completment, mon petit chou...it fault q'uon arret pour souffler....

We have many, many stories to tell. Many happy ones, many funny ones, many sad ones...many stories.

Right now Joe, Warrl and I are editing the final version of this tome for PDF publication - a massive job. AL is busy designing his new shop with Sarge's thumb-fingered assistance, and he's trying to get used to being a married man and having a family as well - that alone is a full-time job. Lots and lots going on...not to mention the nuclear-grade goat rodeo over Jin.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Just Old Al wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
C'est pas fini complètement, mon petit chou...il faut qu'on arrête pour souffler....
Looks like you may remember more than you first let on... And half of those errors can probably be traced back to having a US English keyboard, and an English-based grammar and spell check... :D

Also, it is a very rare event that anyone would call me "petit" anything... :lol:
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Just Old Al wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
C'est pas fini completment, mon petit chou...it fault q'uon arret pour souffler....

We have many, many stories to tell. Many happy ones, many funny ones, many sad ones...many stories.

Right now Joe, Warrl and I are editing the final version of this tome for PDF publication - a massive job. AL is busy designing his new shop with Sarge's thumb-fingered assistance, and he's trying to get used to being a married man and having a family as well - that alone is a full-time job. Lots and lots going on...not to mention the nuclear-grade goat rodeo over Jin.
?? THUMB FINGERED?!? YOU'RE the one who wants to poke a piece of Lanthian technology with a sharp stick to see what it does... took basic lab safety techniques at the While E. Coyote school of R&D, I see... BTW, I think I found a Vimana... smuggled out of Greece, you know...

How good are your flight skills?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I'm thinking on writing a follow-on segment, or maybe the start of another story... I'd have to run it by Al to verify that I'm not stepping on his plans for a couple of his characters.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

As we are trying to put the main story to bed, I think we can safely say anything after this is a separate story.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote: ?? THUMB FINGERED?!? YOU'RE the one who wants to poke a piece of Lanthian technology with a sharp stick to see what it does... took basic lab safety techniques at the While E. Coyote school of R&D, I see... BTW, I think I found a Vimana... smuggled out of Greece, you know...

Al doesn't wear an old flight suit in the shop because they're cheap coveralls...though there is that aspect. When one is forced to jump out of planes for a living and one is of a natural engineering bent one learns how to fly...just as a precaution.

Fixed and rotor-wing, single and multiengine, though he doesn't have much of any time in jets that can be put down in a logbook.

His preference is big round engines that leak oil...wonder why?

Think talented amateur and you're close.

Anyway, Building 2's not ready yet, and he's not gonna be too thrilled about trying to take up something that hasn't seen maintenance in millennia... :)

EDIT: One of his life goals is going to be convincing AHI it needs a corporate plane...a DC-3 sleeper transport.
Last edited by Just Old Al on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"But it's a perfectly good building!"

"Yeah, twenty or thirty years ago. Buck - what on earth were you thinking, keeping this godsforsaken piece of property intact?"

"Grandpa taught me milling in this shop."
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote:"But it's a perfectly good building!"

"Yeah, twenty or thirty years ago. Buck - what on earth were you thinking, keeping this godsforsaken piece of property intact?"

I'm gonna steal that....
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Just Old Al wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote: ?? THUMB FINGERED?!? YOU'RE the one who wants to poke a piece of Lanthian technology with a sharp stick to see what it does... took basic lab safety techniques at the While E. Coyote school of R&D, I see... BTW, I think I found a Vimana... smuggled out of Greece, you know...

Al doesn't wear an old flight suit in the shop because they're cheap coveralls...though there is that aspect. When one is forced to jump out of planes for a living and one is of a natural engineering bent one learns how to fly...just as a precaution.

Fixed and rotor-wing, single and multiengine, though he doesn't have much of any time in jets that can be put down in a logbook.

His preference is big round engines that leak oil...wonder why?

Think talented amateur and you're close.

Anyway, Building 2's not ready yet, and he's not gonna be too thrilled about trying to take up something that hasn't seen maintenance in millennia... :)

EDIT: One of his life goals is going to be convincing AHI it needs a corporate plane...a DC-3 sleeper transport.
DC-3...Paint it OD green with zebra stripes and the star target, Paint 'Jenny Bell' on the nose... THIS thing is four anti- gravity pods at 45 degrees off the axis- rather like a quadricopter drone. It is armed, but nobody has yet developed the huevos to pull the trigger and see what happens
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Just Old Al wrote:
jwhouk wrote:"But it's a perfectly good building!"

I'm gonna steal that....
...That was intentional. ;)
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote:THIS thing is four anti- gravity pods at 45 degrees off the axis- rather like a quadricopter drone. It is armed, but nobody has yet developed the huevos to pull the trigger and see what happens
And this is why they sent it to us... Bright young men are all well and good when you don't have to shoot them, but old, sneaky and paranoid is the name of the game when it comes to investigating unknown technology.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Just Old Al wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:THIS thing is four anti- gravity pods at 45 degrees off the axis- rather like a quadricopter drone. It is armed, but nobody has yet developed the huevos to pull the trigger and see what happens
And this is why they sent it to us... Bright young men are all well and good when you don't have to shoot them, but old, sneaky and paranoid is the name of the game when it comes to investigating unknown technology.
Just 'cause yer paranoid doesn't mean they aren't going to be coming to take you away.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Ladies and gentlebeings, I believe we are getting very very close to the final draft of the Novelization.

It will be 489 pages of good readin' for y'all as soon as we get the final draft done.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

DinkyInky wrote:
Just Old Al wrote: And this is why they sent it to us... Bright young men are all well and good when you don't have to shoot them, but old, sneaky and paranoid is the name of the game when it comes to investigating unknown technology.
Just 'cause yer paranoid doesn't mean they aren't going to be coming to take you away.
Yep - they can try...but we have low friends in high places... :)