WTF ARE WE DOING???

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Hansontoons

Re: WTF ARE WE DOING???

Post by Hansontoons »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:What? No duct tape? How can you call it sophisticated without duct tape? ;)

--FreeFlier
Well... I DID pick up the scrap of wood off the ground where it had been since June and then sawed/sanded/scraped off the mold, then pulled then screws out of a dead piece of structural component... and the friction gusset was cut from an old innertube... doesn't THAT count?
Some may call it half-baked, I call it well done!

Here's my hand drill powered "wood lathe" for pieces up to 4 ft. long. Easily adjustable, just takes a couple new holes for the bearing holder. I use table saw and router table to render the wood into an octagonal shape along its length. Then use belt sander to begin the rounding process to create a hiking/walking stick. Lots of sanding later, a round and tapered shaft is the finished product.
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg (109.76 KiB) Viewed 7767 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Well... I DID pick up the scrap of wood off the ground where it had been since June and then sawed/sanded/scraped off the mold, then pulled then screws out of a dead piece of structural component... and the friction gusset was cut from an old innertube... doesn't THAT count?
It doesn't really count as sophisticated unless you personally hand-raise each of the banana slugs, whose slime you carefully simmer down into the thick goop that makes the best wood glue for a project like that.

Just wild-harvesting the banana slugs and then coaxing them across the planks to make self-gluing lumber doesn't count... anybody can do that!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Well... I DID pick up the scrap of wood off the ground where it had been since June and then sawed/sanded/scraped off the mold, then pulled then screws out of a dead piece of structural component... and the friction gusset was cut from an old innertube... doesn't THAT count?
It doesn't really count as sophisticated unless you personally hand-raise each of the banana slugs, whose slime you carefully simmer down into the thick goop that makes the best wood glue for a project like that.

Just wild-harvesting the banana slugs and then coaxing them across the planks to make self-gluing lumber doesn't count... anybody can do that!
Naw... I rendered down several of Alexander family hoof clippings and used that. Stinks like hell when you cook it.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Naw... I rendered down several of Alexander family hoof clippings and used that. Stinks like hell when you cook it.
So that's why we haven't seen hide nor hair of them around the kitchen lately! :lol:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Naw... I rendered down several of Alexander family hoof clippings and used that. Stinks like hell when you cook it.
So that's why we haven't seen hide nor hair of them around the kitchen lately! :lol:

... ow... ow... ow... bad joke... brain hurt... BRAIN HURT!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hansontoons wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:What? No duct tape? How can you call it sophisticated without duct tape? ;)

--FreeFlier
Well... I DID pick up the scrap of wood off the ground where it had been since June and then sawed/sanded/scraped off the mold, then pulled then screws out of a dead piece of structural component... and the friction gusset was cut from an old innertube... doesn't THAT count?
Some may call it half-baked, I call it well done!

Here's my hand drill powered "wood lathe" for pieces up to 4 ft. long. Easily adjustable, just takes a couple new holes for the bearing holder. I use table saw and router table to render the wood into an octagonal shape along its length. Then use belt sander to begin the rounding process to create a hiking/walking stick. Lots of sanding later, a round and tapered shaft is the finished product.

[snip]
My dad had a drill just like that. It used to be grandpa's. It's served those two well until about six months ago. It used to be dad's go-to drill when his battery-powered drill couldn't produce enough torque.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Dave wrote:

... ow... ow... ow... bad joke... brain hurt... BRAIN HURT!
Throws the "reporter's special" into the pun vault for Dave. Bon appetit!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir