Purpose Comment Section

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Purpose Comment Section

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Good grief.

Dave, do desist your despicable defilement of David.

*drops a dime into the alliteration amphora*
Hey, give me at least a bit of credit, OK? I did desist before adding the Jack Sparrow eye shadow. :twisted:
Good. Putting clothes on David is one thing. Nice and easy to remove with a pair of scissors.

Actually slathering crud onto the statue itself is far more serious. And may the universe have mercy on whoever would use something permanent, like wood stain or paint... Unless they used a hammer and chisel, at which point I would implore the universe to let me have a whack at them with my trusty pipe.
I'd give you assistance, and I have sharp objects.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:How can work make you not like spicy stuff, Joe?
I suspect the occasional use of capsicum resin spray as a subject-control device in correctional institutions might account for this?
DING DING DING We have a winnah.

I think Ol' Nep is gonna like the Twin Cities, what with all the lakes and rivers. Problem is, will the TC care much for him?

Do recall, Glytch, that a certain MIB agent who favors salted caramel lattes knows the man, probably on sight...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:I'd give you assistance, and I have sharp objects.
I say we stick to the old Eye for an eye code... A chisel mark gets a corresponding slice from a knife on the same location, a hammer chip gets a corresponding whack from the pipe. If someone has the gall to knock off David's head, welllll...
:twisted:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:
Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:How can work make you not like spicy stuff, Joe?
I suspect the occasional use of capsicum resin spray as a subject-control device in correctional institutions might account for this?
DING DING DING We have a winnah.

I think Ol' Nep is gonna like the Twin Cities, what with all the lakes and rivers. Problem is, will the TC care much for him?

Do recall, Glytch, that a certain MIB agent who favors salted caramel lattes knows the man, probably on sight...
Sorry, I don't remember people by their coffee orders. Who?
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"The one who told you to dial back your DEMP contraption a bit, son," Billens says over your shoulder. "Mom happens to be a niece of his." He takes a slurp of his coffee. "One of many, of course.."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I'd give you assistance, and I have sharp objects.
I say we stick to the old Eye for an eye code... A chisel mark gets a corresponding slice from a knife on the same location, a hammer chip gets a corresponding whack from the pipe. If someone has the gall to knock off David's head, welllll...
:twisted:
Which one? :twisted:
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

DinkyInky wrote: Speaking of World shaking, I am ready to kick some arse and chew gum...whoops, I just ran out of gum...

Late Christmas gift. I'm breaking them in.
If no one else is going to say it...DAY-UMM!
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:"The one who told you to dial back your DEMP contraption a bit, son," Billens says over your shoulder. "Mom happens to be a niece of his." He takes a slurp of his coffee. "One of many, of course.."
"Um, I'm pretty sure most everyone wanted me to dial... it... Back..." Glytch petered off as the light of understanding dawned on him. "Wait just a skorm damned minute, you. Your mom?"

Billens nodded, carefully holding back a smirk as he watched the young man's expression quickly shift from confusion to epiphany, and finally to awe.

"Achilles?" Billens nodded again. "I keep forgetting what kind of world I'm dealing with here." Glytch shakes his head slowly. "It takes some getting used to."
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Unfortunately, Billens can't breathe underwater. And seeing as Poseidon is on earth on very tenuous terms, he doesn't want to press his luck by going to the ocean himself.

A little bit of insight on how Poseidon got past the Library:

I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to explain this in the story, so I'm putting it here. The Big three brothers all have their own temperaments. Hades, as I believe I've mentioned in the story, is solid as a rock. His general mood, despite what outward appearances might suggest, doesn't change. He's always got a stick up his butt, and he's always very stern and unrelenting.
Zeus is on the other end of the spectrum. His moods can change just as fast as the weather, and they vary wildly. He can be all sunshine and rainbows one minute and black as a thundercloud the next.

Poseidon is at once in between his brothers and on a different spectrum altogether. His moods change, yes. They shift about as fast as a human's, but they extend far deeper into each emotion than most people do unless they are experiencing an extraordinarily powerful surge of one emotion. When he is in a good mood, almost nothing can ruffle his feathers, he's always smiling and peaceful. Everything about him is kind, forgiving, and providing. Catch him in a lusty mood and he's worse than Zeus... It takes a lot to satisfy that particular hunger of his whenever it strikes him. Anyone who has had the displeasure of experiencing the wrath of the sea God will be quick to tell you he can reach a towering rage that dwarfs the seething fury of Hades or the violent anger of Zeus.
In short, his entire psyche changes dramatically. So much so, in fact, that when he is in the right mood, he can quite easily bypass the Library's "Ill Will" filter... Because he really doesn't have any nasty plans.
Underneath it all, however, is a pattern that never changes - his intellect. That intelligence, the portion of his mind held separate from his emotions, serves as the connection between the seemingly different personalities of Poseidon. The plans of one set of emotions can, and often do, carry over into another personality's actions.
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Other than that one problem with the gas tank being insufficiently supported and, when hit in a rear-end collision (because the tank was under the trunk), would spray flaming fuel into the passenger cabin. More than one officer lost their lives over that one since the Crown Vic was a very popular choice for LEO's.
The tank was under the trunk in the first gen CVPIs, '92-'98. Second gen ('99-'12) fuel tanks are in front of the rear axle, residing behind the back of the rear seat.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Good grief.

Dave, do desist your despicable defilement of David.

*drops a dime into the alliteration amphora*
Hey, give me at least a bit of credit, OK? I did desist before adding the Jack Sparrow eye shadow. :twisted:
Good. Putting clothes on David is one thing. Nice and easy to remove with a pair of scissors.

Actually slathering crud onto the statue itself is far more serious. And may the universe have mercy on whoever would use something permanent, like wood stain or paint... Unless they used a hammer and chisel, at which point I would implore the universe to let me have a whack at them with my trusty pipe.
Amusingly, the norm for the greek and roman statues is that they were originally painted in bright colors . . .

(As bright as they could formulate, anyway.)

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:Dagnabit Glytch! I barely got my keyboard out of the way in time!

Blueberry Lapsang cream tea(heavy cream thickened is as close as I can get)up and out the nose!
First puns, and now tea-splorfs. The young man is learning quickly and well. :D
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Dagnabit Glytch! I barely got my keyboard out of the way in time!

Blueberry Lapsang cream tea(heavy cream thickened is as close as I can get)up and out the nose!
First puns, and now tea-splorfs. The young man is learning quickly and well. :D
One does one's best.

Although at first, I wasn't sure what was so funny. Had to ask her for clarification.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Then he gets me again in the Star Wars thread!

I have never in my life seen anyone so flawlessly write the redneck accent phonetically.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

One of the advantages of being a fan of the blue collar comedy group. Ron, Bill, Larry, and Jeff taught me more about the southern and redneck accents than anybody else.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Yeah, but most fail at translating it in text in a manner the brain can process as definitively such. Most can barely hint it.

I was...unprepared.

Convince Shneekey to recite "Barrel man" on the mic if you want a non stop gigglefit.

Typed out is also hysterical, but hearing it is a guaranteed ROFLMAO.
Last edited by DinkyInky on Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:Yeah, but most fail at translating it in text in a manner the brain can process as definitively such. Most can barely hint it.

I was...unprepared.
*assumes a pious expression*
Be Prepared.

:P
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Yeah, but most fail at translating it in text in a manner the brain can process as definitively such. Most can barely hint it.

I was...unprepared.
*assumes a pious expression*
Be Prepared.

:P
Yet you wonder why I said you probably had mastered tracking...

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

DinkyInky wrote:Yet you wonder why I said you probably had mastered tracking...
Nah, I knew why, I just got that particular training from a far more disreputable source.
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Yet you wonder why I said you probably had mastered tracking...
Nah, I knew why, I just got that particular training from a far more disreputable source.
Well, I won't be needing the neti pot today...sinuses are so very clear...

--Safyr Drathmir