A visit from the Skinwalker

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jharris16-17

A visit from the Skinwalker

Post by Jharris16-17 »

A large red mastiff limped toward Katherine. The poor creature's fur was patchy and matted, and every movement it made was like watching a old automoton attempting to move. Katherine knelt down to it, paying her ripping cocktail dress no heed; a creature was in pain. That was far more important than any fancy garment was to her.
Their eyes met. Katherine could see in the dog's eyes it needed help. It's tail was bent at an odd angle, and the big dog winced with it's every movement.

The sight sent a shiver down Katherine's spine.

It more startled her but scared her when the whined as it began bobbing and swinging its head. Her heart sank when she saw the bone sticking out of its leg. Sympathy flooded in and somewhere deep in her core a memory of a former dog she’d owned that her father had to put out of its own misery. Her mind was made up and she rolled her shoulders causing the dog to step back. It tripped on its leg and collapsed screaming, the screams chilled her to the bone how human they were. Katherine forgot her ripped dress and stood up.

The dog stood back up slowly wincing and it bit its lip leaning even more heavily on its left leg. The relief was incredibly evident. Her motherly insticts and the memory of the dog she'd owned as a little girl prompted her to lift this dog home and take it home. Tentatively reaching out her hand, the dog watched her warily. When she could touch the dog it winced at her touch but did not snap at her.

Normally a stray dog would have gone after her with a vengeance but this dog was different. It had a royalty to it. Even in its pained posture it stood with a pride that didn’t exist any where else. Patting its head it was wincing but stood as still as its legs would allow.

“God damnit women, I need help… and do not take me to the veterinary office!”
The dog glared at her obviously over the please help me I need help phase, but the voice had spoken in her head and it felt human.

“Okay then where…” - Buck ran up from behind her grief on his broad face and picked up the dog without a second thought running to his car
Last edited by Jharris16-17 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jharris16-17

Re: A visit from the Skinwalker

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Feel free to Advise me or suggest things to better the story. Nitpicks, Criticism is welcome
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Jharris16-17 wrote: It tripped on its leg collapsing and screaming, the screams chilled her to the bone how human they were. Katherine forgetting her ripped dress
The dog stood back up slowly wincing and it bit its lip leaning even more heavily on its left leg.
I don't know about you, but it feels to me like there's part of a sentence missing, here...

Other than that, it looks like an interesting beginning. Can't wait to see where you are headed, with that.
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Back at Katherine's apartment the mastiff was laying down, but was restless. It had a bandage on its leg and was fighting enough horse tranquilizers to kill a man. Though Buck knew the mind of the dog could here them so Buck and Katherine spoke in the kitchen overlooking the park.
“What do we do?” – Buck grimaced as the image of the dog from the alleyway boiled over in his mind.
“I do not know, maybe get him back to health then possibly see if he can guard the library…” – Katherine looked up a hint of anger in her black eyes.
“Why the library?” – Buck stepped back keeping his voice low.
“You can’t have a dog at your apartment and nor can I , to add to that that dog alone might look one-hundred and twenty pounds but is in the level of one-hundred and fifty pounds..”
“And that is important WHY?” – Buck stepped back not wanting to be within arms reach. Summoning up the courage he breathed deeply to relieve the stress.
“He will eat his own weight in dog food alone and the vet bills would bankrupt us both. That visit that the dog needed cost me seven-hundred dollars!” – Katherine visibly relaxed understanding Bucks point of view.
“So say for arguments sake we take him to the library what is there to say he’d even be accepted?”
“He is a blood loyal mastiff that can talk telepathically,” - Castella squeaked and Katherine rushed in to look into the living room. The dog had gotten up ignoring the tranquilizers and was slowly limping towards her.
“Okay, I’ll tell you what! When I get to better health I will leave and you can stop this endless bickering!” – Katherine stared at the dog and looked trying to figure out just what he was. His paws were phasing uncontrollably between paws and big fists with a dozen cuts and bruises.
“Uh buck, you’ll want to see this…” – Buck came over and poked his head out the doorway and his jaw dropped.
“This just got wierd…”
“You think, I am lost and all alone and the people that gave me shelter are arguing whether to send me to some library! To add to that my ID, Wallet, Phone, and my knife are in an alley way about a mile or so away and you to haven’t even said what is this, it can’t be a dog seeing as it can turn into a human!” – Buck blinked several times watching as the dogs slowly turn from the leg s down to human. When Katherine had seen enough she put her foot down.
“Enough we understand what you are saying so this is what we’ll do…” – over the next hour Katherine made several calls and had sent Atsali to look up anything on Shape shifters that might help to define exactly what this dog or thing was. Castella was sent to her aunt Buds and thus Buck had the responsibility of taking care of the dog. Katherine relegated buying clothes for the Dog thing in the sizes he’d told her and had retrieved his personal effects which included a Tanto combat knife, Pantec smart phone, Old leather wallet and his Liscense. His name was Dean Naraskell from Eastern Washington of all places.
Clothes were fairly easy to find, but the size fifteen and a half three E shoes were almost impossible to find. After what seemed like forever she found old military boots and bought them for eighty dollars. For safety she bought an pair of Sandles just under his size and was on the way home when her daughter called from the Library.
“Mom we are dealing with a skin walker…”
“What is a skin walker?”
“ It’s a Native American myth, well not a myth anymore... But it is a person who has the Ability to turn into any animal they desire. they are usually evil but i have a feeling that with so few they are being very cautious. he is a half blood which is relegated to one form. In this case a one-hundred and fifty pound mastiff
"So what is special about half-bloods?"
"They act as a counter balance able to interact with humans, but still can protect against the more feral skin-walkers. They find a home and lay low until they find a need and if pushed will defend it to the death,"
"So we have a true guard dog?"
"Sounds like it,"
"They were hunted to extinction by the Teutonic knights in the late 18th &19th century but this is proof that a few escaped or they spread faster than the Teutonic knights could hunt them down,”
“Okay find out all you can and lets meet up at Bucks place,”
“Got it mom,” - This is why it was the way it was and acted the way it did. The thing she’d thought was a dog was actually a shape shifter that was in desperate need of help. His pride was because he was a warrior or warrior born that could never be faltered. His temperment showed his seven-teen year old habits and it scared her. A boy that was extremely honorable and not afraid to stand for what he believed in, but had the quick and sometimes whip like temperament that could get someone hurt with the ability to turn into a one-hundred and fifty pound mastiff which outweighed her and both her daughters.
Last edited by Jharris16-17 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Buck had a harder time trying to play the complicated board game of sorry with this creature. It had beaten him twice even with Buck stepping up his failing game every turn. Soon enough he finally gave in and listened through the dogs maniacle laughter that scared him. When Katherine had arrived ease washed over him.
"Dean don't you dare complain about them because it took me 2 hrs driving all over this damned city to find shoes," - The dog began to laugh and Katherine's face went beet red with rage.
"Listen up you mutt, You want five-star service you do it your self!" - Dean as he was known cocked his dog head and smiled broadly.
"Listen up you lady, Do you know what it is like looking for shoes with a maximum of twenty dollars in your pocket at all times... You can relatively afford them. I have to play the I am poor game to get shoes anywhere!" - Understanding donned on Katherine's face as she saw all the times Dean had to beg and steal just to have shoes. There was a knock on the door and dean stood up shoulders tensed and his eyes locked forward. He barked and it shook the door. A person squeaked on the other side of the door.
"Its me Atsali I am Katherine's daughter" - Atsali opened the door and Dean did not budge. When she stepped in Dean tilted his head and looked at her his face a clear question. When Dean stopped smelling the air and Sat down he bit his leg. The bone snapped and Katherine cursed.
"What the hell are you doing?"
"To activate my healing I must break my leg. Ever heard of the shepherd who broke the leg of the wandering lamb to make it always followed him. Well I must break my leg to help it heal and get these damn horse tranq's out of my system," - True to his word the leg healed and the blood that was soaking through the bandage disappeared. He then ripped the bandage off with his teeth. there was no scar on it either. Atsali stared at Dean and tilted her own head cawing. Turning his head towards her he began to wine and moan in an almost musical tone. Atsali cawed in response showing at least a dozen or so tones. Buck listened and began to whinny in the same pattern. Katherine was looking between the three and herself was more confused than not.
"Uh can I uh get somebody to tell me what is going on?" - All three looked at her and had the expression: What you don't know?
Last edited by Jharris16-17 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

When the three stopped talking the silence was profound and the smile on the dogs face reflected something she had missed. Dean grabbed the bag of clothes and went into Bucks bathroom and closed the door with his block head. The sound of metal warping filled the air then stopped and Atsali looked quizitively at the bathroom.
“Uh Buck, what is going on?” – Buck turned and looked at Kathy with a pleased expression.
“We have just been managing his housing and we have a deal,” – Katherine was confused and Atsali’s expression did not help.
“What deal Buck?” – The bathroom door opened and a tall very strong Dean stood at full height. His Hair was kept short and was mud brown, his facial hair was rather long but was curly and light blonde. His build was reminiscent of a tank. His true ape arms hung halfway down to his knees and His legs were huge. This was probably due to bicycling because his arms were not so pronounced.
“I act as guard dog to the Apartment and pull my own weight and I have the spare room. I get a guide for town if I help Atsali scare the crap out of a certain Satyr.
“What Satyr Atsali?” –Atsali blushed slightly and snickered, which caused Dean to smirk.
“Come on Dean lets go,” - Dean scooped up his personal effects and followed Atsali through the door.
“Buck what the hell is going on?” – Buck smiled and shook his head.
“You have just gotten a guard dog, that’s what happened,”

Several hours later they found the trail of Jacob and after changing into dog form dean stalked and soon enough found Jacob making out with someone. Atsali burnt up in side but giggled.
“Here’s the plan… I’ll sneak up and wait for you to get into position. You go siren and fly to the roof on the other end of the street. When I tell you fly by and spook em real good. She turned and flew over and sat looking at Jacob. “Lift off “ – Dean thought to himself. Sticking to the shadows the papers were rustling and he saw the Satyr’s hairs raise but he didn’t stop. Grinning from ear to ear, Dean ducked behind a garbage can and prepared to let loose his plan. Moving into position so that he could smack the empty garbage can down, His eyes flashed bright green and began to whine in a dozen or so tones. The satyr paused and looked around and then returned to making out.
Swinging his tail as hard as he could the garbage can went flying clattering al over the alleyway. The satyr jumped nearly a yard or so in the air and came down unable to hold back his true form. Jumping out teeth bared and his eyes now red dean growled barking causing the satyr and the human that he’d been making out with was backing up as fast as he could. Advancing Jacob backed against the wall shielding the human.
“Now Atsali!” – Atsali aimed at Jacob flying with her wings tucked close to her body and screeched. The wave hurt his ears but the satyr buckled and looked terrified.
Atsali passed over and did a high loop. There was no wave or screech this time and the desired effect was almost perfect. The satyr and the human ran in opposite directions pure fear coursing through there vain’s. Atsali landed after circling to dispel any speed and landed barely holding it together.
“That was awesome!”
“Amen to that,” – They both laughed hard enough that there sides hurt in this moment and Atsali was enjoying this. For once a she and a male could truly have fun without falling under her charm-speak. Dean was witty and knew how to have fun. His laughter was almost Hyena like and it caused her laugh harder. Dean rolled over and began to beat the ground with his tail. He was cute too, but not to cute. Unlike other guys he wasn’t going to have his run as her friend then skip out like most teenage boys. Dean would never stab her in the back.
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

After several minutes both Dean and Atsali had stopped laughing. They gathered there wits and dean changed into his normal human clothing in an inlet far out of sight. When Dean came back his apparel suited him. Worn out military boots, faded denim pants, black t-shirt and black leather belt, Atsali wondered what his secret was to hide his tanto combat knife.
“Come on I know a place to get a bite to eat,” –They both laughed heartily at this and left the alleyway head towards Mucho Mocha and towards what seemed to both of them like a very good start to there adventure.

Katherine glared at Buck who shrank against the wall.
“What the hell happened back there?” – Buck attempted to draw himself up but Katherine just glared even worse.
“All animals have a universal language and we spoke in it…. We did that deal because he swore to die if he betrayed you or your family,”
“And you know that he’ll follow suit!”
“When a skin walker half-blood declares his obedience even to death it is serious even more so than any wedding vow or a virgins promise. This vow is what sets them apart!”
“Do not talk importance! I want to know what justifies you, Atsali and that Dog deciding my spare bedroom is up for grabs and can live here as long as possible defending my home,” –Buck stood up and Katherine deflated quickly at the intensity of his stare.
“You lost a dog, didn’t you… you don’t want it to happen and you are worried that if this follows through something will happen and you’ll be left with out the one true friend,”
“Alright I lost my dog! He was my best friend and at seven-teen he died of a brain tumor… I had him since I was born and always had a warm fuzzy pillow to cry or sleep on. I always had a guardian and a true friend!” then when he got The tumor my father didn’t tell me that he was going to do it…” – Katherine was breaking up and could barely stand. Buck hugged her allowing her to cry into his shirt.
“My father took him to our family cabin and ended my dogs misery. To this day there is a rose bush over his body that I visit once a year and just sit and reminess on the days I wasn’t such a damn pushover!”
“Kathy you’re not a pushover,” - Katherine began to sob harder ruining his t-shirt.
“Yes I lost a dog, his name was Buster. I do not want to have my daughters get attached and then lose him!”
“Kathy he isn’t going to die in ten or twenty years. He’ll live as long as any human and will never betray you by running away,”
“I know buck but I can’t help feeling like he will unravel everything I’ve strived for and ever known,” –Buck swayed gently back and forth looking around the apartment for a longer.
“Dean is a moment of weakness, yes but it is not our past but our present that defines us. If you are so worried about what might happen then release him form his duty and ride the emotional wave hoping you fair good…” – this caused Katherine to sob harder.
“I can’t Buck Dean is everything that I ever needed. He is a friend and will never leave me,”
“Then let him stay …”
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

At Mucho Mocha it was nearly empty all except for a gangly looking teenager in a black hoodie. Dean sniffed the air but only smelled the usual smells associated with a diner. Bacon, Eggs frying, Coffee and the smell of sweat rolling off of the barista.
“Anything wrong dear?” - Tina asked
“Oh nothing just relishing something other than the smell of the sewers and the alleyway,” – Tina smirked.
“What can I get you?” – Atsali stared at Deans trying to figure out why Tina whom could read almost any aura she came in contact with could not read Deans.
“A very tall iced Pepsi, a moose burger with lots of bite and a side of clam chowder soup,” – Tina smirked and headed to the back.
“Coming right up!” – Came the Tina’s voice from the Kitchen.
“Atsali are you going to eat or what?” Dean asked. Atsali slowly came to the bar in a comatose like state. When Tina came back with the Pepsi she looked with a questioning expression at Dean.
“I don’t know,” Atsali snapped up and looked at dean and Tina who both stared at the now wild eyed Atsali.
“I’ll get a coffee for you, just rest your head,” With that Tina went back to the coffee pot and poured a steaming cup of Joe. Putting it down Atsali took a swig and made a mute squeak. Tina returned with Dean’s food and then came back five minutes later with scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon. After saying a short prayer dean dug in while Atsali sipped her coffee and ate devouring her food.
When both Atsali and Dean had finished there food and drinks, Tina accepted the forty dollars that Dean paid with and returned fifteen dollars. Deans phone rang and he put it too his ear.
“Hello?” Dean listened but the caller said nothing. Hanging up the phone Atsali looked at him curious of what had happened.
“Who was that?” Dean shrugged and left a five dollar tip on the bar.
Dean started for the door but was halfway when a cold breeze wafted in. He stopped and smelled the air as well as listening for the tel tale signs of a spirit. Then the teenager stood and removed his hood. The teenager was tall and lanky and looked like hell worn over. His face was mangled and had a dozen scars from a very large dog. The eyes were sallow and soulless. Dean backed up against the bar terrified and shaking his claws and teeth coming out.
“Hello Dean,” Dean recoiled as if a snake had bitten him. His eyes went ice blue and his hair darkened to the dark shade of red his dog form had.
“You are not welcome here!” Tina leveled an brake open shotgun at the teenager.
"Just let me talk to Dean and I will be on my way," The teenager walked up and punched Dean in the stomach. He began to bleed from the wound and the teenager pulled his fist out.
"You see friends, Dean here was a normal kid till I came along and helped his true nature come out. The times turned for the worst and I had to get even with the little rising star. He is the product of a skin walker and a normal human being, a filthy half-breed! I went for my revenge and found out my pack had already turned to his side. This Son of a bitch killed me when I challenged him and didn't even bury me. Just left me for the wolves.
"So I challenge you Dean Naraskell to a battle to the death!" Dean glared at the teenager, his wound healing extremely quickly.
"Then I make you..." - The teenager turned into a giant wolf and leaped at Atsali who was frozen in fear.
"Do not..." Tina fired both barrels, but the rock salt did not stop the wolf. Dean transformed in an instant, during mid leap tearing his clothes in the process. Although he was dwarfed by the wolf when he leaped onto its back the wolf fell down. They rolled with Dean hanging on for life and bit into the wolfs scruff. The wolf rolled over snarling and knocked Dean off. Dean stood up faster than the wolf and leaped onto the wolf and the the wolf kicked him back. Dean landed on a table which promptly fell over. Still dazed Dean was unprepared for the attack the wolf sent his way. As the wolf began to tear into his side Dean kicked attempted to bite the wolf. Finally kicking the wolf back with a massive shove Dean stood wavering and charged blood lust in his ice Blue eyes.
As the wolf began to get up his breath gone form his body dean bit down onto the wolf's neck. Blood poured out and Deans eyes went blood red. The wolf stopped kicking and laid on his side, his blood pouring and forming a massive pool which spread staining the floor. when the life drained form the wolf Dean stepped back panting blood pouring from his own side. He fell over and was rocking back and forth. Tina moved fast as a flash and stabbed him causing him to turn human again.
"Atsali help me get Dean to the hospital!"
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Please forgive the delay, I am working on getting a job and won't be posting any new replies for a while.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Jharris16-17 wrote:Please forgive the delay, I am working on getting a job and won't be posting any new replies for a while.
We'll wait. Bonne chance.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

The only schedule you're on is yours. We don't have any deadlines for you to obey. No worries, man. It's all good. I don know about chu, but I can run on Island Time. Ju get der when ju get der, mon. 8-)

(Imagine my accent gradually shifting from American Midwest to a mixture of Spanish, Rasta, and Hawaiian.)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

In the hospital room Dean shifted and squirmed. The nurses had had to strap him down to keep him safe. Tina had been looking over him off and on trying to remember why she'd stabbed him. Whatever the reason she had stabbed the power had drained eventually causing him to turn. Time had been super slowed then sped up to find Dean lying on the floor curled in the fetal position. This made her wonder why the Wolf or what ever the creature was attack him. Her mind drifted from place to place letting go of herself the various demons were bickering and she felt desolate and alone.

Dean was in a big cave hidden beneath an waterfall and was sopping wet. A big fire boomed with no chairs and the shadows of a dozen creatures danced around it. There were no creatures circling it though. The outside world hummed but he could not tell anything apart. Going in a circle himself the floor was slightly soggy. Kneeling forgetting the thorns he dug a large hole and was sucked in. The hole plugged and he was in a garden. A lone women tended the garden and was desolate. Walking up the noise was muffled by thick vines. When he'd walked right up she turned her face blank and her skin was pale.
"Where am I?" - the women turned and opened her hand revealing a pitch back diamond. No light entered and none left. "You are in the deepest recess of your mind staying away from the infighting of your mind,"
"Wait what infighting?" - the women chuckled, it was a hollow lifeless chuckle.
"The old and new realities are fighting for the dominance of you mind. The new realities believes you are different and the old realities want the normal you back," - She was so at ease a bout it and it made him pause.
"If my mind is in a mental civil war then why are you here,"
"I am indifference, the most powerful demon you host,"
"So you are the one demon that isn't fighting over me?" - The women nodded.
"Yes but you must know what you fight over... The line is long and hard but it is follow-able. In the beginning Cain killed Able. God whom had grown accustomed to able cursed Cain with the mark of Cain to forever remind him. Cain was fully justified though. When he came across the other humans they took him in but his brothers ghost made them turn against Cain... Cain made a deal with Lucifer that he could harness the power and then kill the ghost of able. The devil had one slight demand that the eldest son of every generation would inherit the curse so that he could have someone to curtail murder. Cain accepted and righted the wrong he'd committed and was at peace. Only after his first son was born did Cain fully do his job. He did this until god killed him. Since then every oldest son has the chance to become the lord of murder. Every time one accepts it though a one-hundred year long conflict is in order. This the new lord of murder must tame in order to prove himself.
Now because the sons are so diverse the job has fallen onto them. You are next inline, accept this curse and tame the murderers of this age..."
"Yes accept it and do as you must. I personally don't care seeing as there has never been a true maniac since Stalin so you have a free ride,"
"Who are you?"
"Lucifer, so nice to meet you my friend!" - Lucifer was tall and slim wearing a light colored suit. It fit him loosely and his face was a perfect sleazeball expression. "Like the view or trying to find my weak points,"
"Lets say finding weak points,"
"Okay then then find them,"
Two massive black wings extended cast a massive shadow. "Flawed by design, dear ole dad had a funny idea about things... So before you make this decision know what the new reality fights for,"
The women spoke again this time more despairingly. "At 17 you were hiding, God have been hunting you trying to kill off you bloodline... A witch found you and somehow convinced God to alter you mind. Shoving you potential into the dark, they replaced it with a new half-breed and then sent you on this path. All you know is three weeks long. Every memory and feeling planted inside your brain to keep you sedated..." Lucifer interrupted.
"Except I know the way he operates and set things in motion for you to change. Did I know dad would send a mutt to kill you. no. This is all on you... accept the lie or follow the destiny set for you,"
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

"What is so important that dean is taken back to his destiny?" - A tall blonde man in a tux materialized in front of indifference.
"Hello little brother," - The blonde man looked at Lucifer and nodded.
"Brother," - This made Dean very confused.
"Brother?"
"I am Gabriel captain of the garrison, and commander of the loyal ark angels," - Gabriel said this with a hiss and Lucifer cracked a smile.
"The second one,"
"Brother, if you'd simply followed orders we'd not be in this mess," - Lucifer scowled at this comment.
"You know dad better than me little brother, how goes things upstairs?" - Gabriel grimaced as if something had bit him.
"Balthazar and Raphael have started open warfare..." - Lucifer's expression turned to a broad smile.
"And dad hasn't deployed his shock troopers yet... oh so predictable," - Gabriel let his head hang at this.
"Brother did it ever occur to you that even angels can think of themselves? Balthazar and Raphael have the audacity to challenge the father of all, so whats wrong?"
"They are rebelling!"- Lucifer chuckled at this.
"You mean thinking for themselves and not the greater purpose, fuh you don't realize brother, that undying loyalty is great, but no individuality and you are a drone for the slaughter,"
"You rebelled coward!"
"I said I wouldn't bow down to humans and dad took offense, ring a bell lieutenant? I didn't fight dad, I would have lost!"
"Do not preach individuality when you murdered thousands, actually millions of innocents!" - Lucifer balled his fists but unclenched them and breathed deeply.
"Dad did that. We were peacefully protesting being removed from guarding the borders and Dad sent the waters of oblivion to kill the humans. Why? To breed an army to fight us! Dad could have cared less for Noah and the humans! I instructed Noah to build the ark because humans are sentient being's. I did not bow down but have a great deal of respect for whom ever lives this long,"
"Don't twist the story for your own credit, You will string this boy along until he dies!"
"I created the four horsemen as an fail safe against an human uprising. The Spirit of vengeance keeps the cruel at heel. The seven deadly sins are to make it so that we can properly identify the bad and good! The lord of murder is to curtail murder not endorse it. Let me tell you something, Dad sends the plagues and then blames it on me. The same as the Scourge, Attila the Hun, Genghis khan, Stalin, Hitler. That is just to name a few..."
The voice of indifference stepped in between the two and glared at each one in turn. "Here is the low down... Gabriel defends God, the lie and his honor. Lucifer defends his actions and his job as of late saying he is not the bad guy. Basically Gabriel is naive and defends the new reality. Follow the path and live a long happy life, eventually having children which will face the same troubles we face now..." Indifference paused for effect and then continued. "Furthermore Lucifer represents the old and true reality. Follow this path and face Death, Ridicule, and the possibility of no love in your future. This eventually ends in death, but the same is the result of the new path," - Lucifer chuckled at this and shook his head visibly relaxed.
"Well said, I think that we need to let Dean make the decision," - Gabriel opened and shut his mouth, but no words came out. He couldn't argue further.
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

In all fairness Lucifer's argument was very convincing. Dean's study of Gabriel's face showed that the ark angel was not really believing what he said. His reactions showed that even some of Lucifer's argument was true. Indifference though being not very physically powerful had bested one ark angel and shut up another. True to her words She was the most powerful demon he hosted. her statements had stopped them from tearing each other apart in his head.
As he paused his mind was made up. The ground shook and Gabriel disappeared.
"Excellent decision Dean..."

"Neil was guarding the library entrance due to Phix's late pregnancy and was surprisingly busy. Whether it was managing the books or breaking up a scrap between an ill fated satyr and Nicodemus, Neil was always on the move. Right after lunch things slowed in the library and this made it easier to guard the entrance where he was needed most. Something big had left the library but had hadn't done much damage. Just a clumsy slip, still the library was guarded night and day by himself and Justin when he was off duty. They had discovered several rooms that not even Phix knew about till then and Justin and Shelly stayed there.
What boggled there little community more was Dean's disappearing act. Something razor sharp had cut the straps and then he'd disappeared into thin air. Picking his mind he'd thought of nothing not even a spell from the several dozen he knew or knew of. Daisy had suggested he had died and had faded but that did not explain the cut straps. A full FBI investigation had started, but no one had a positive lock on him or how to find him. Tina's demon suggested that he had been taken but there was no video footage from the security cameras and the straps had no blood. The finger prints were not even there.
The sound of a car pulling up averted his attention, but the sound of a car door slamming so unnaturally loud made him cautious. Looking around the sight of a man with four bodyguards made Neil pause. Sniffing the air it stunk of sulfur and Neil went to his Gladius. The man was an even six foot nothing and slim built. His white tux and suit fit him loosely particularly in the back. His shoes were shiny black and were pointed, almost deadly. To add to that his eyes were ice blue and showed no emotion. The air was about thirty degrees cooler than usual.
"Hi I am looking for Phix," - He seemed sincere enough, but Neil was cautious any ways.
"She is currently laid up, I can ask her for you if you have a question," - The man smiled and rolled his thin shoulders showing blindingly white teeth.
"Ask her if my companions can use the dark room if possible," - What was the dark room? There was no dark room displayed in the codex and it unnerved him.
"Who do I say is here to ask for it's use?" - The man shifted and picked up a pebble tossing it in the air and caching it on the back of his hand.
"Luke, Luke Forbes,"
"Okay, one moment," - Pushing a button the entrance sealed up. Going to his and Phix's room his heart beat faster than any time in history.
"Phix dear, a Luke Forbes has requested the use of the dark room..." - Even though very late in her pregnancy she got up quickly and walked to the entrance with Neil trying to keep up.
Releasing the lock on the gateway she bowed, but somehow stayed upright. Her balance was impeccable and Neil had never seen it in his life.
"Welcome my lord, if you will come this way I will take you to it," - Luke followed Phix with his guards trailing behind him. this left Neil open mouth. Just for good measure one of the guards shut his mouth making him curse in Latin. he couldn't leave and was rooted watching his wife disappear.

"So pregnant again Phix?" - Phix giggled like a little girl.
'Yes and I have a husband whom will stay there for me," - Luke looked at her questioningly.
"Who is this smock?" - This caused Phix to giggled even more.
"That guard, His name is Neil,"
"Good good I was wondering when you'd find someone worthy."
"Here we are my lord,"
"Thank you Phix, we have no need for you anymore," - Phix went off to her chambers and the party went into the dark room. Once in the room War waved his hand letting the shadows fall off him. "I thought no one could tame her," - Luke waved his hands and his clothes were replaced by armor and black wings.
"Lets get this show on the road," the four answered in unison. "Yes, lord Lucifer!"
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Eventually all seven sins had arrived. The grim reaper was arriving shortly and of course the spirit of vengeance was messing around with Neil. They waited for Dean or as he preferred to be called, Cain. They knew his rep had grown since he'd gone back in time correcting the lie that had afflicted him. Lust and him had an off and on deal going on which made pestilence jealous but he did not act. Lucifer stretched his wings and jumped into the air circling exorcising his wings. The fallen ark angel was old and he knew it. After two passes he was to tired. Landing his legs gave driving him to his knees. In the dark room the true reality of you was revealed. While the seven deadly sins and the four horsemen were fueled by the sins and things they represented,Lucifer could not collect the energy to keep up the 40 year old business disguise he kept up in this day and age.
The grim reaper collected souls and was dreary as ever. The spirit of vengeance was still young and hotheaded seeing as Lucifer created him only a mere two-hundred years ago. Now Cain was different and it made him a odd nut. On second thought they were all odd nuts and so Cain was normal in there sights.
Cain's power was reliant upon murderous beings and so as long as he was in business, his powers continued. Off all his creations, Cain was his best. Wielding the only blade capable of killing god, Cain was incredibly strong and coupled that with eons of experiences from the original to now. The ability to transport was new and this made him more deadly.
Images of Phix as a young girl flooded his mind and he twitched. the others in the room looked at him but did nothing. When her father abandoned Phix and her mother, Phix's mother had left Phix in the hands of Micheal, the greatest of the titans under dads command and Micheal shoved her on him. at first he'd hated her but the garrison loved her and he came to see her as an daughter. raising her as his own she learned how to fight and manage anything. While most beings would scoff at this she had taken to job of managing the garrisons library and office.
Phix looked lovely as ever and his heart ached with love. Though not his daughter, he would die to protect her.
Funny Lucifer, baddest of the bad was an father figure for an immortal sphinx. He was proud of her having several children and grandchildren. Now that she was married he had nothing to worry about. Neil was young and naive compared to any angel in there teen years, but he was only two thousand years old compared to the newest angel Gadreel whom was a child and he was still less than four thousand years old.. The fact he had married Phix was wonderful, but Phix had not called him... Perhaps she had forgotten his number, or maybe she was still insulted by his killing of her father in 79 AD. Whatever the issue he was happy and dad would go crazy. Lucifer had strove to prove dad wrong and had done it so well that dad had not spoken to him for over a dozen eon's, but this did not bother him and his friends knew it.

Cain was busy interrogating an young med student when his phone buzzed. Putting it to his ear the med student blacked out when he decked him with with his left hand. "Hello?"
"Yeah boss we found im, he's heading to the Alexander residence..."
"You mean Alexander harvesters?" - The demon gulped.
"Yeah boss," - Cain smiled and snapped his fingers and the med student disappeared going to where ever Lucifer hung out.
"Bring a squad, we want him alive,"
"Got it boss..." - Whatever the demon had to say Cain did not care and Cain ended the call. Polyphemus would be sent home as Poseidon asked and his meeting could then be done. He hated the group meetings but with the recent climate his boss had to call them often. Whether his age was effecting him or it was god tightening down Cain did not care. The only thing he didn't like about the company work was that the filing and paperwork, he was action oriented and Lucifer had only given him fifty Knights and sixty demons. That was barely enough to encompass the North American continent let alone the world. But to his relief the amount of murderers was surprisingly low in other places of the world not even topping America's 2,134 murderers that the humans knew of. It was at least three times that in supernatural terms. But back to business...
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Materializing in the staging area they were in the middle of the field. The six knights of hell prepped the portal and had mortar style chains ready to trap Polyphemus. Duval studied the map and signaled for him to come over and he did.
"Polyphemus is hanging around there and watching a young centaur girl,"
"So we need to lure him out to the portal..."
"Yes," - Cain teleported to where he could see the hiding Polyphemus.
"Damn, you'd think he would use our assistance,"
Cain was watching keeping himself hidden Polyphemus ambled over and smelled the air. The centaur came out curious and screamed. Quick as a flash he picked her up and squeezed breaking dozens of bones. Watching Cain's gut told him to stay.
"It is okay pony girl," - Taking the opportunity Cain stepped out and mouthed the words to a heart attack spell. Making it long and slow the girl began to rock as pain rocked her body. This would take ten minutes. Polyphemus' eyes welled up with tears.
"Did I Squeeze you?" - No response, only pain rocketing through her body. Stepping out he growled causing Polyphemus to turn and zero in on Him.
"Only if you come with me does the girl live, you know that right?" - Polyphemus knew who he was and tears began to fall like rain.
"Please don't hurt pony girl,"
"Oh I won't but if you don't go back to your island she die s and the blood is on your hands," - Recognition was clear on Polyphemus' face.
"Will she be helped?" - She began to spasm violently as she went into the nest phase.
"Follow me if you want pony girl to live," - Polyphemus followed with his tears staining the ground. Making quick time Polyphemus stepped into the portal and stepped in putting the centaur teenager down. Levitating her, Cain pulled her from the portal to a patch of grass. Snapping his fingers she stopped spasming and was asleep. The mortars fired and Polyphemus disappeared
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Daisy had heard shots from somewhere in the fields. Abandoning the dishes she galloped out and with the speed of the wind . The center of the field was burnt, the sign of a portal. The air stunk of sulfur and there was Cinnamon laying on her side passed out. Rushing over to her daughter she shook Cinnamon with a little to much force but did not think about it.
She was beginning to panic and was tempted to call Phix, but then remembered that Phix was in late pregnancy. The coincidence was shocking. First Dean disappeared, then Something big stumbles out of one of the portals from the library and the smell of sulfur everywhere. Racking her brain she was reminded of something grandpa Crowbar had said. " When sulfur reeks in the air there are demons around. and when there are multiple demons then expect Lucifer..."

Devyn was doing laps around the pool and counting. Almost fifty so far when the water turned into a vortex. Pausing her sweat flew towards the vortex as Poseidon formed from the water. When he formed the pool water returned to normal leaving him floating in the center. he was perfectly tanned with light green shorts and A light blue t-shirt. His black hair was trimmed short.
"Hi uncle Poseidon, whats up?" - She could tell by the look on his face that he was not in the mood.
"Your cousin escaped the island and hurt someone," - Her face was a pure question mark.
"Which one, Albert, Ufimide's, or..." - Poseidon cut her off in mid sentence.
"Polyphemus has completely sent the council into dissaray claiming that he had the right to leave the island,"
"We all know what happened last time he escaped," -
"Yes, but Zeus stepped down and now Perseus stepped in and is sympathetic. I have to go and argue prosecution..."
"And you'd do well to keep your mouth shut!" - Perseus materialized on the other side of the pool. Poseidon's eyes went ice blue as he clenched his Trident. Perseus was by far more handsome that even Apollo. His light tux was perfectly matched to leather shoes. shadows hid his face.
"You are not Zeus and as such can not tell me what to do. You are less that three thousands years old and still possess little knowledge,"
"Maybe old man I am not ruling and should..." - Zeus formed toga and all with an bolt in his hands.
"That resounds of treason, boy!" - Perseus smiled and drew a black Xyphos.
"Not to worry at least the two men I need to take over Olympus are here..."

Cain materialized behind Perseus and stabbed him in the back with the first blade protruding from his chest.
"I don't like the sound of you voice... So I sentence you to eternal torture in hell powerless to stop it! - Perseus' eyes drained of there illustrious color and his body wilted as his powers were absorbed by the first blade.
"I wish it had not come to this, but I have to join the council again..."
"Really oh great Zeus, you didn't see this coming... at all?" - Zeus flipped off Cain and disappeared. Cain pulled out the first blade and Perseus disappeared.
Last edited by Jharris16-17 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Poseidon through a sand dollar to Cain who caught it. "Lying scheming brat, you'd think losing his wife and kid would straighten him out..." - Cain shrugged and disappeared.
"Uncle Poseidon what just happened?" - Poseidon sighed and paused for a moment to tell her.
"The whole Fire breathing apocalypse thing has through Olympus into an tailspin. Some young grad inadvertently helped Polyphemus escape and I hired Cain to get him back home..."
"You hired Cain, why not do it yourself?" - Poseidon glared at her making the water boil.
"I am not as young as I could be and I have a kingdom to run. I needed someone who wouldn't play it fair. Polyphemus could see because I granted him sight, I gave him the island. I have spoiled him so I can't, especially seeing as I am his father..."
"Why not, he has the most potential to hurt people?" - Poseidon rose to full height and Devyn shrunk as far as possible into the wall.
"Could you have a child and always know that if it got mad you are the one at fault. I did those things for him because of his mother! She is still my wife and so I will not hurt him unless I must! Cain did the job because he could do it with out pausing at the last second. Perseus had been scheming so I baited him. Do not tell me what to do, because I will not be nice. I am not bound by paternal love!" - The water went ice cold and her heart was pounding as Poseidon glared at her.
"Now do something helpful and try and not be so Interruptive!" - Nodding her head profusely Poseidon relaxed and went back to normal size.
"Take this letter and give it to Katherine Gilchrist by tonight..." - Poseidon left with a snap of his fingers and a letter fluttered down to where Devyn sat still terrified.

Lily and Suzi were in the morgue when Albert came in with his swat gear on. they'd been feeding in preparation for the bust and were all juiced up.
"Morning ladies,"
"Morning,"
"Teams all set for incursion," - Lily nodded and Albert left them alone.
They had them in there grasps. Lucifer and his gang were in one spot and ready for capture. Now it was lift off.
Going to the trucks they roared to the library and parked the black Suv's in usual order. Getting out Albert and his team moved ahead Lily and Suzi following. Following the sensors they found the door.
"Knock out darts purely!" - The team set there weapons and readied themselves forth the most crucial part in the Luke Forbes Case.
"One, Two, Three..."
"In move, move, move!" - When they entered the black room Lucifer, the four horsemen, the seven deadly sins, The spirit of vengeance and the grim reaper were sitting around with hands where they could be seen.
"In the name of the Holy law, I Susanna Mac Bride place you Lucifer Magnus under arrest for war crimes on humanity... what do you plead?"
"Innocent Mac Bride!" - Utter chaos was upon them when a shadow threw Albert into the shadows where he was impaled on War's long sword. As the swat teams fired Lily and Suzi went full feral trying to figure out what the hell could do that to a Nephilim. As they watched in muted horror Cain, father of murder began to pick the swat team off one by one slowly and methodically. He was moving like a shadow Grabbing them and throwing them he then teleported and slashed their throats with the first first blade. Unable to do anything they fled past Neil confused as ever and the Pregnant Phix who glared at them. One per Suburban they drove off engines roaring to life.

After he had disposed of the Swat team, Cain sat down a light smile cracking his bloodied face.
"Any thing I missed?"
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

War started first. "We are in desperate need of practice, that was sloppy," - they all nodded there heads in agreement.
"So god has a bounty on our heads?" Lust asked. "No he is trying to apprehend and try us for crimes against humanity," Lucifer corrected.
Death spoke up and whipped his chain around his head. "Yea ha... now we can finally slap him in the face with the facts!"
"Easy we have a bigger problem than god in all fairness, The Nephilim were armed with weapons that could paralyze us easily. So I suggest we find out just how many Nephilim are there," -Murmurs of agreement were shared in the group.
"Oh Gabriel my kin, I have but one question..." - A light poof briefly blinded them all then Gabriel stood in the same style armor and wings as Lucifer except his were white.
"Brother, what is your issue?" - War smirked and passed a twenty to lust whom grinned wickedly.
"We were going to be apprehended by twelve Nephilim and two vampires saying that Dad has accused us of crimes against humanity... Cain here saved us and we want to know what is happening up in heaven?"
"There has been six civil wars and Ark angels are barley allowed to leave the garrison. The Angels are dying off so Father has bred the Nephilim. He is trying to fix loose ends since something has made the very fabric of reality fall apart..."
"I thought Cain set that off?" - Cain glared flashing the bloodied first blade at Lucifer whom blinked.
"No, something recent has disabled the walls between the underworld and hell. Purgatory is on the verge of collapse and God has claimed it is your fault..." - War interrupted Gabriel
"We aren't the problem we aren't running loose with several thousand Angelic half- breeds, that was gods creation, you know that..." - Lucifer raised his hand.
"Easy War, everyone knows this," - A cloud of smoke obscured the room and then a blinding light lit up the room. they averted there eyes, but still there eyes hurt.
"My son, I had to do something," - the room returned to its original lighting and A man that looked like Gabriel only 40 years old.
"I see father, so Nephilim are the answer to everything?" - the mans face grew weary.
"For a while I let the council lead while I slept. They made the army of Nephilim since Cain had poisoned the angels. It was the last Cain prior, - God changed the subject as Cain drew the first blade twirling it. "The garrison is the only thing holding back the Darkness which will envelop this world if we don't do something. To protect this world and every other we have to make the tough decision. For once the preaching's that got you thrown out will be our savior. With Hades and hell about to merge we need people that can go down there in the first place. To deal with the darkness we need the general that defeated it and the only way I can even partially restore you is if you do this for me..."
"What is in it for me? Myself and my cohort here save you holy butt and then I gain entry to the garrison and defeat the darkness, Oh great, so I ask, what is in it for me?
Last edited by Jharris16-17 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jharris16-17

Post by Jharris16-17 »

Ulysses struggled to fix the engine, the Walls were merging. He had been ordered to fix the world engine just a day before and the chaos had severely hampered its repair. A lone group held an order, Cains knights of hell... There order was doing it by using SS tactics and Was also fighting odd insurrectionists.. His time was not long before Crowley, the first Lieutenant of Cain would be visiting and his progress had been slow. He wished that Hades had not cut that deal. A million years in Hell then a hundred years in purgatory.
Picking up an wrench he tightened an loose bolt and then installed the timing belt he cursed in Greek when it snapped. Looking around His work space was a clutter with old parts. Spying an loose piece of band Ulysses got up and walked over ignoring the clutter. It was Whole, but his gut told him it wouldn't hold. Going back over he cleared an patch of ground and sat. Installing it, his heart pounded as he attempted to start the world engine. It kicked and began to splutter, then broke the timing belt again. "Son of a..."
"Shut the hell up!" - His blood ran cold as the shadow of Crowley fell over him. "Hello..."
"I tell you to fix it and this is what I find!" - Ulysses would pay but turned around standing at full height. Crowley was ahead shorter, but was far more scary, " I am working with outdated equipment and have not worked on this thing in over a thousand years!" - Crowley glared and drew his bone dagger.
"This is the engine that that keeps us and Hades from merging. You are not an idiot... I don't care if you feel mistreated, I'll personally kill you and replace you with someone that won't complain! Do not tempt me or Lucifer can't and won't save you!" - Crowley was now glowing blue flames lighting his skin.
"You're an punk demon with a jump of steroids..." - Crowley punched his gut and pulled out his heart.
"I have leverage now and whom best than dear old Cain to hold it..." - His heart disappeared and his wound healed up. "Fix it or I will personally call the boss and have your head on a stick!" - Ulysses cringed and shrank leaning against the World Engine. Nodding profusely Crowley disappeared.