A VERY happy wedding...

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

GlytchMeister

Re: A VERY happy wedding...

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:Be careful, or I'll tell Nudge to make YOU her next "plaything"...

I've mentioned this to the Sarge, and I'll just innocently drop this right here.
YOU GOT IN WITHOUT A RIDDLE!
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:

I've mentioned this to the Sarge, and I'll just innocently drop this right here.
YOU ARE RIGHT! YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT! YOU, SIR WIN.......(drumroll please)

ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:

YOU ARE RIGHT! YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT! YOU, SIR WIN.......(drumroll please)

ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!
Bragging rights?
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Hmmm... I guess we can concede bragging rights... we WERE thinking of a Tepoz 'Bobble head' but couldn't find one on Ebay
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Hmmm... I guess we can concede bragging rights... we WERE thinking of a Tepoz 'Bobble head' but couldn't find one on Ebay
It's definitely a cross-universe sort of thing, but maybe this would be in the proper spirit?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Hmmm... I guess we can concede bragging rights... we WERE thinking of a Tepoz 'Bobble head' but couldn't find one on Ebay
It's definitely a cross-universe sort of thing, but maybe this would be in the proper spirit?
GAH! BLASPEMY!!!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
You just punned, via a link, with a b-list Batman baddie. Have you no decency?
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:You just punned, via a link, with a b-list Batman baddie. Have you no decency?
I was just trying to save them some money! :cry:

The other eBay possibilities that all showed up were photos of Frank Gorshin dressed as The Riddler... most of then autographed (and perhaps some even genuinely so). Significantly more expensive.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

---
"That cathedral radio we found turned quite a profit, I must say." Monica smiled as she looked at the check the buyer had given her – for $500.

"And that one dress I found was just as profitable," Georgette smiled as she handed Monica another check – for $500 over what she'd paid for it. "I think we had a pretty good weekend."

"I do kinda wish we could have taken Buck up on his offer, though." She looked at Jet as she rang up the old cash register and slid the two checks under the cash drawer. "It would have been nice for you to finally meet Phix."

"There'll be plenty of time for that, hon," Jet replied as she walked around to behind the counter. "Besides, I already told you about my allergies."

"Heh, yeah," Monica nodded. "That one guy I told you about – that found my dog? Same problem. Unfortunately, the Library portal closest to where he lives is next to three farmer's fields." She smirked for a moment. "His one eye was so bloodshot, he looked like an old-school Cylon from Battlestar Galactica."

"And as wonderful as Katherine made it sound, I don't know if I could handle being out there." She sighed. "Last time I visited Hedonism down in Jamaica, TMZ had a damn drone hovering overhead. Spent most of the vacation inside."

"I wasn't too keen on the being out in the fields thing, either" Monica replied. This caught a raised eyebrow from Jet. "No, really – G'pa took me horseback riding this one time. I got thrown out of the saddle, nearly kicked. I wouldn't want Kath's kids to see any terror I'd have around Buck in his 'natural' state."

"I wouldn't know, we've never met," Jet replied, somewhat sarcastically.

"Okay, okay, I'll make sure to set something up," Monica raised her hands in surrender. "It's not like I can drop everything, between the shop and mentoring…"

Monica suddenly froze.

"OhshitIforgot CALISTA!"

Jet looked at her for a moment, and thought she saw a strange demon with multiple tendrils sticking out in all directions suddenly squeeze her beloved like a tension ball.

"I thought your mentoring with her was off for the summer?" Jet's head noticeably tilted as she saw the demon run around behind Monica like Curly in a Three Stooges movie short.

"Wait – you're right," Monica replied. The demon suddenly stopped, pouted, then blipped away. "Of course, that would have been an excuse for getting you up to the Library."

"You – you didn't even notice that?" Jet pointed behind Monica with a wave of her hand.

"Notice what?" Now it was Monica's turn to be confused.

Georgette just gave her a blank stare.

"Never mind. What say we go over to Jill's Diner and get some burgers?"

"Deal."
Last edited by jwhouk on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

A full bag of flour erupted across Lilly's face, leaving her momentarily blinded and disoriented. She retaliated with a half-carton of eggs that had been left on the counter, aiming at the sounds of Daisy's laughter- the following yelp and splatter confirmed her mark. Wiping the powder from her eyes, she now saw her adversary trying to rid her own eyes of raw cackleberry. Grabbing a wet sponge from the sink, she continued the assault.
From the entrance to the great hall, a small cluster of human domestics watched in stunned fascination at the food fight between two paranormals that had so far lasted fifteen minutes... never in the wild existance at Alexander Estate had anything like this ever occured. The kitchen was a total shambles. There would have to be shopping that afternoon if anybody wiould have a meal that day. Two windows were broken. The gas range would require a great deal of cleaning and maintanance.
"Do we intervene?" one nervous housemaid asked.
"Don't be silly- leave them to their tantrum," an older butler whispered, "...much safer... besides, they're running out of food,"

Atsali and Nadette's romantic interlude was disrupted by gasping, choking and wretching sounds at the water's edge- looking down, they saw Daniel Gotlieb sputtering water out of his lungs. Atsali knelt down immediately to help him.
"Are you alright?" she asked.
"NO! (cough, cough) I am (cough) NOT all (cough)right... you goofy (cough) girl... (cough) ... I forgot to breath (cough) with my GILLS (cough)... bleah! (cough) DO NOT DO THAT! (cough) your kisses are DEADLY! (cough) and I don't even CARE for girls! Not THAT way, anyway- (cough) besides that, I am SCARED to DEATH of heights! (cough),"
"OMG! I am so sorry! I just... I just wanted to say, 'thank you', I never wanted to harm you,"
"Next time, just say it- Berdine ought to be here in a moment (cough) - ah, there she is,"
Another fish of huge dimensions poked it's head out of the water and turned into a bearfolk- Berdine stepped up from the shallows and onto the shore.
"Sorry I'm late- never was a good swimmer- Dan? are you..?"
"I'm recovering- Atsali almost drowned me (cough)"
Berdine screwed up her face trying to figure that out- "... i didn't know that was possible," she commented.
"Neither did I... until now (cough)... she kissed me to say 'thank you' (cough) and I tried to breath with my lungs underwater after a big chunk of my (cough) brain shut down. Anyway, Jacob is waiting for me back at the cabin- 'Mumsy (cough) Dearest' is still recovering from last night's excesses and Sis is busy messing with the various fishermen (cough) on the lake- she and Krystal never get tired of that sport. We had heard that you might be here, so I (cough) notified the Bear twins- they showed up this morning,"
"You own a cabin on the lake?" Atsali asked.
"Yea- been in the family since whenever- only twenty acres, just a little getaway sort of thing (cough),"
Atasli looked at the boy, thinking in terms of the effort he put out on her behalf.
"THIS ought to be safe," she whispered as she kissed him on the cheek.
He drew a deep sigh- "THAT I can HANDLE- save your DEADLIES for HER!" he smirked as he pointed to Nadette... then with a PLOP, he disappeared beneath the surface.

Berdine walked over to Castela and asked her, "Have you ever ridden a Centaur before?"
"Nooooo..." she answered, all full of wonder.
In a trice, Berdine developed the torso of a horse with her own body plastered on to the base of the neck... there was a moment of awkward balance, but then she got her legs under control and reached down to pick up the anxious Pickle and place her on the broad back.
"Now, I cannot gallop yet- and without a saddle or training on your part, it's probably best anyways- but let's go for a ride, OK?"
"... WOW... GIDDY-YAPP!" and they were off into the woods at a modest walk.
"She had been teaching herself to do that for weeks now," Nadette told Atsali," just so she could keep Pickle distracted... for us... now... shall we see how... DEADLY... your kisses... really are...?"

"Mind if we drop in?" Katherine giggled as she regained her footing.
"Grab a chunk of grass- there's enough for all- except I don't recommend the sausage for Buck unless he goes human," replied Phix.
"Just a moment- I'll be right back," Buck announced as he trotted off a distance to relieve himself.
"Once he's got THAT out of the way, human isn't a challenge," commented Kathy as she knelt down next to the blanket that had been spread, "but even then, the sausage will cause him grief if it's still in his body when he goes back to centaur- but the wine, cheese and bread will do nicely- my word, you have far more than you two could POSSIBLY eat!- did you figure on us joining you?"
"There's also Atsali and Castela down at the lagoon," Neil stated, " eventually they will get hungry... and Atsali recently has been on an eating binge from what I can see,"
"Yes, tell me about it- I'M the one buying groceries, remember?" Kathy sighed, "hopefully her growth spurt will be all over and not just her bra size,"
Buck returned to the site, now in human and wearing cargo shorts, hiking boots and a T shirt and carrying the saddlebags that held them.
"Human feet are absurd!" he proclaimed as he plopped down with the rest, "... they offer no traction, they can't handle rough terrain and stubbing a toe HURTS! How do you handle these things?"
"Shoes," Neil answered.

Outside of the great kitchen was a rather unusual sight- Lily and Daisy were both getting hosed down by members of the household staff while a battered pick-up truck was backed up to the double doors leading into the kitchen itself. Shovels and push-brooms were seeing service therein, cleaning up a colossal mess into large plastic bags that were then loaded onto the truck bed- destined for the composters, bird feed lots or local landfill depending on what the debris was. Daisy and Lily were laughing hysterically, calling out highlights of the skirmish and each claiming a victory. Daisy's personal groomer came out with warm soapy water and curry comb and brush at the ready while Lily was lead to the shower with a fresh change of clothes-
"I demand a re-match!" she yelled.
"You got it, Lady!" replied Daisy, "..but something that won't trash my kitchen,"
"Colored water balloons at ten paces,"
"Works for me,"
The main butler shook his head in disgust, muttering, "She doesn't pay me enough,"

Berdine and Castela had wandered a goodly way into the estate when a thunder of hooves caught her attention- directly ahead, she saw a red-headed female centaur galloping down the pathway. The centaur pulled up short when she saw Berdine-
"Castela... who's your friend?" she asked.
"This is- is Berdine, she's a bear-folk an- an she's taught herself to- to be a centaur an- an she's - we're riding, I mean I- I'm riding her,"
"Berdine- I'm Cinnamon, Buck's sister- how did you get here? I mean, all entrances are posted,"
"Your lagoon isn't- I swam. Dan Gotlieb showed where it is,"
"That silly fish- I ought to hang gill nets..."
"Hey now- I changed to a fish to make the trip... "
"Well... no I wouldn't, that's just talk- how old are you?"
"I'm sixteen and a half"
"I'm seventeen- how good are you with those legs?"
"Um... not very... I'm still learning..."
"There's a trail not far from here that's wide- I can show you some basics,"
"Cool- I'm not sure I want to gallop with Pickle on board, though,"
"I can teach her about that as well... there's nothing to it... C'mon,"
And with that, two friends-for-life started their particular story...
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Verry nice.

Now if you'll excuse me, the Allegra I took earlier isn't working.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:Verry nice.

Get the allergy shot- it works
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Verry nice.

Suggestion: hit a health-food store, get a bottle of capsules full of powdered stinging nettle leaves, take two capsules every four hours. They aren't drowsy- or jumpy-making, I've never experienced any bad side effects or interactions with commercial antihistamines, and they seem to help my pollen allergy quite a bit.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think it was because I visited our County Fair while they were doing setup. Straw and I don't mix well, and my eye was already bothering me this AM. :(
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Mid October of that year

"Push... push... push..." Neil coo'd into Phix's ear.
"YOU PUSH! I'M ABOUT TO PUSH YOUYAAAAAAAAAAGH! YAUGGGH! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ("Head is crowning" stated the Doctor) AAAAAAAAAAGH!"
"Shoulder is out... cord around neck,,, twice... BULB! ... cord is clear... (splurt, splurt)... here comes the rest of her... clamps... scissors... I want cord blood and gasses, get the baby warmer over here... wet sponge... afterbirth... 'nuther wet sponge... dry sponge... very well, Mrs. Antonia, I have something for you,"
Phix was all tears and coos as she saw her little baby girl- the pain was past now, and her little darling was her whole world. The little one fussed and cried as Dr. H. placed her on Phix's breasts- Phix nuzzeled her and placed her mouth where it needed to go.
Doctor H. then formed up with the tech and the RN- together they rendered a three part harmony-
"Happy Birthday to you- happy Birthday to you- happy birthday dear Aeterna, Happy Birthday to you,"
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Sgt. Howard wrote:I guess I could put clothes on all the non- centaurs- that really wouldn't affect the plotline greatly...

There- that better?

No, leave it alone. Stay true to your art m'dude.

(And folks, please don't misconstrue comments as condemnation...)

Eh Deux
Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:You just punned, via a link, with a b-list Batman baddie. Have you no decency?
I was just trying to save them some money! :cry:

The other eBay possibilities that all showed up were photos of Frank Gorshin dressed as The Riddler... most of then autographed (and perhaps some even genuinely so). Significantly more expensive.
At first, with just the eBay link, I was going to mention that anything w/ Gorshin was by some rights Divine to any certain degree, ...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:I guess I could put clothes on all the non- centaurs- that really wouldn't affect the plotline greatly...

There- that better?

No, leave it alone. Stay true to your art m'dude.

(And folks, please don't misconstrue comments as condemnation...)
Actually, I don't see any harm with the clothes on- it doesn't distract from the script at all. My origional thought was that Kathy wanders around nude when she's alone- a private reserve that is clothing optional might appeal to her- assuming she could be nude in front of others. Neil would be comfortable with it, as would Phix... I wasn't too sure about Atsali, tho- what with her body issues, so it actually works better.
I consider this a sketchpad- and I welcome all input. Yes, mine is the final say, but I want to know what people like and I need to play by Paul's rules
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"I still say it's all your fault," Lilly insisted as they waited outside of the delivery room.
"MY fault?!? And how do you figure that?" Daisy asked.
"If you hadn't raised your boy so disgustingly HANDSOME, my daughter wouldn't have a thing to do with him! Now we're stuck as IN-LAWS!"
"We still have a grace period of another month- Alan and Jin want THESE two there (she jerked her thumb at the delivery room), and Phix won't 'poit' the little one until she or he is a month old. Heh- I STILL say we ought to do it at MY place, but NOOOOOOO- HAS to be some stupid sandbar in the Bermuda triangle..."
"HEY! That was not MY idea- BRIGHT SUNLIGHT?!? Not for THIS cookie if I can avoid it,"
"But you're gonna be there, right?"
"Of course I'm gonna be there, how could I NOT be there... but I will have extra blood with me just in case,"
"WOULD YOU TWO KNOCK IT OFF?" Buck snorted, "MOM, LILLY- crimeny, all you ever do is bicker,"
"Your future Mother-in-law and I are having a friendly conversation young man and YOU would do well to remember WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO!" snorted Daisy right back.
"Wonderful time in the 'flower patch' " snickered Jin quietly to Alan.
"I heard that, young lady," Lily snapped... and started to giggle.
"Wha... what was that?" Daisy asked.
"She called us the (snort) 'flower patch' "- soon both women were giggling like schoolgirls.
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

...flower patch? Care to translate for the out-of-the-loop youngster?
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:...flower patch? Care to translate for the out-of-the-loop youngster?
Lily and Daisy
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.