Just came aboard

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Muttpupdad

Just came aboard

Post by Muttpupdad »

I have been lurking for years and with my second try at retirement figured I had time to sign in and cause what trouble I can. I am a retired virologist having been called back a month after my first retirement a year ago. I am living in the PNW after having spent my youth in the Midwest. I am also ex-Navy having been a Hospital Corpsman serving with the Marines.I hope to be able to commit at times but not on any regular bases. I hope to fit in and not step on anybodies toes.
TazManiac

Re: Just came aboard

Post by TazManiac »

First of all; Welcome.

2ndly- thank you for your service, esp as a Corpsman.

Lastly, I wouldn't worry too much about the antibodys' toes...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Welcome! Try the cookies, assuming a certain somebody hasn't licked them lately....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atomic wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:15 am Welcome! Try the cookies, assuming a certain somebody hasn't licked them lately....
ONE TIME! JUST ONE FRIGGEN TIME... and nobody lets you forget...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Muttpupdad wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:29 pm I have been lurking for years and with my second try at retirement figured I had time to sign in and cause what trouble I can. I am a retired virologist having been called back a month after my first retirement a year ago. I am living in the PNW after having spent my youth in the Midwest. I am also ex-Navy having been a Hospital Corpsman serving with the Marines. I hope to be able to commit at times but not on any regular bases. I hope to fit in and not step on anybodies toes.
Sgt Howard at yer service- shoulda caught this sooner, but what can I say besides the fact that things happen. If you are allergic to bad puns, stay away from Dave. If things here start making sense to you, you might want to mention it to yer therapist... or not... I opine that you can either suffer from insanity of learn to enjoy it- I choose the latter. Check out the fanfiction in the fan art section once you're caught up on the baseline story. RE: Stepping on toes... we sometimes kick each other in the shins, so don't worry 'bout it. BTW- I was also a Ft. Sam bastard offspring... 91D40, Surgical Technician. Did that for 40 years, most of it civilian.

Yer in the PNW? Where away? I'm just South of Okanogan.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:36 am If you are allergic to bad puns, stay away from Dave.
You believe that staying away will work? At all?

Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:18 pm
Sgt. Howard wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:36 am If you are allergic to bad puns, stay away from Dave.
You believe that staying away will work? At all?

At least he was now warned...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.