Hullo happy people.

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

ducksbeast

Hullo happy people.

Post by ducksbeast »

Hello and how are you?

I'm ducksbeast (DB for short). I've been a webcomic addict since Keenspot in late `01, and I'm a longtime WS reader. And now I'm trying out this forum thing because I haven't been a part of an active forum since... uh... well, let's just say I can't remember.
TazManiac

Re: Hullo happy people.

Post by TazManiac »

ducksbeast wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:02 pm Hello and how are you?

I'm ducksbeast (DB for short). I've been a webcomic addict since Keenspot in late `01, and I'm a longtime WS reader. And now I'm trying out this forum thing because I haven't been a part of an active forum since... uh... well, let's just say I can't remember.
(I'm flashing back on some image in my head of a Duck with Fangs...)

Welcome Aboard!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

ducksbeast wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:02 pm Hello and how are you?

Welcome to the forum, where al kinds of people from all walks of life get together to talk about this wonderful comic which unites us... if all goes well, someone should be here shortly, to hand you a welcome cookie (habanero, if I recall...)
TazManiac wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:37 pm(I'm flashing back on some image in my head of a Duck with Fangs...)
A few years ago, there was an image (or was it a plushie) going around of a Jaeger duck (in the vicinity of the old Yahoo group for discussing the Girl Genius webcomic, I think...)
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:54 pm
TazManiac wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:37 pm(I'm flashing back on some image in my head of a Duck with Fangs...)
A few years ago, there was an image (or was it a plushie) going around of a Jaeger duck (in the vicinity of the old Yahoo group for discussing the Girl Genius webcomic, I think...)
Unfortunately I can't find that with a quick Google search... would definitely be worth seeing!

(It's not the same, but if you search this forum for the keyword "vamoose" you'll find a small contribution along somewhat similar lines)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hovart Jaegerduck.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 am Hovart Jaegerduck.
<<QVRAAAAKK!!>>

Err... I mean, YES!

Wait... YOU're the "Joseph H. " who was posting in the Girl Genius Yahoo group?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone make a plushie of Hovart, at one point, with photos as proof?

(And Hovart was, if I recall, a duck that had drank from the Dyne river, the water from which is a main ingredient in the jaeger draught that makes said jaegers, right?)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Guilty as charged on the Yahoo group thing.

Hovart is still active on Facebook, last I saw.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:47 pm Guilty as charged on the Yahoo group thing.

Hovart is still active on Facebook, last I saw.
Well colour me surprised! I had completely forgotten that he was in my FB friends list... :mrgreen:
Thanks for the reminder, which was opportunity for me to see photos of him again.
ducksbeast

Post by ducksbeast »

Dammit now I want a Jaegerduck. Not a plushie, the actual duck... though it'd probably void all my various insurances if I had one.
Dave

Post by Dave »

ducksbeast wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:22 am Dammit now I want a Jaegerduck. Not a plushie, the actual duck... though it'd probably void all my various insurances if I had one.
Could probably be covered under the sort of policies that owners of exotic species and/or potentially dangerous dogs take out. Just tell your insurance agent you want a "rabid pit bull" sort of policy, or maybe a "Shelly's rare carbide-clawed Himalayan puma" rider on your existing policy.

Now that it's widely acknowledged that birds are, in fact, a branch of the theropod dinosaur family, and that their ancestors did have impressive teeth, a Jaegerduck isn't really all that outrageous an idea... it's be a throwback, not a novelty.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Dave wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:30 am
ducksbeast wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:22 am Dammit now I want a Jaegerduck. Not a plushie, the actual duck... though it'd probably void all my various insurances if I had one.
Could probably be covered under the sort of policies that owners of exotic species and/or potentially dangerous dogs take out. Just tell your insurance agent you want a "rabid pit bull" sort of policy, or maybe a "Shelly's rare carbide-clawed Himalayan puma" rider on your existing policy.

Now that it's widely acknowledged that birds are, in fact, a branch of the theropod dinosaur family, and that their ancestors did have impressive teeth, a Jaegerduck isn't really all that outrageous an idea... it's be a throwback, not a novelty.
A late chime in - welcome, ducksbeast.

It's called a Vorpal Bunny Rider.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.