I'm In-Corgi-Able

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

In-Corgi-Able

I'm In-Corgi-Able

Post by In-Corgi-Able »

I'm a teacher of physics, a programmer of computers, a maker of shavings, and a melter of metal.

My screenname here is a reference to this strip from Questionable Content. http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3422
It was funny! It was hilarious! He was on fire!
jwhouk

Re: I'm In-Corgi-Able

Post by jwhouk »

Welcome to Wapsi Square! Sorry, our barista doesn't snark on people.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Welcome to the mad house!- Beware of Dave, our resident chief punster. Careful who you flirt with, there's been some serious hook-ups on this site. And if you want to waste our time talking about explosives... I'm all ears... we LIKE things that go 'boom!' I did an experiment that took down half the science building in high school and got me banned from chemistry...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Beware of Dave, our resident chief punster.
Now, Greg, I think you're being a bit harsh, aren't you? You know that it's been weeks since any of my puns have caused convulsions or nightmares. And, as for that unfortunate fellow back in September, we know he'd been watching the Presidential campaign debates, and so was certainly predisposed to spontaneous rupture of the spleen... blaming it entirely on my puns really isn't appropriate.

Interesting school science experiments that go boom... I'd really love to see somebody reproduce that experimental work in Richmond in the early days of rocketry... making a hobby-rocket which uses mercaptans as fuel would be memorable, to say the least.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Beware of Dave, our resident chief punster.
Now, Greg, I think you're being a bit harsh, aren't you? You know that it's been weeks since any of my puns have caused convulsions or nightmares. And, as for that unfortunate fellow back in September, we know he'd been watching the Presidential campaign debates, and so was certainly predisposed to spontaneous rupture of the spleen... blaming it entirely on my puns really isn't appropriate.

Interesting school science experiments that go boom... I'd really love to see somebody reproduce that experimental work in Richmond in the early days of rocketry... making a hobby-rocket which uses mercaptans as fuel would be memorable, to say the least.
You are on three government watch-lists just because of your puns!!!! (Of course, so am I... BUT LIMERICKS ARE DIFFERENT!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Now, now... We all can be sure the folks with exceptional talents have either been hip-checked into the boards or co-op't by the powers that be;
We shan't speak on Dave's prodigious connections anon, lest we expose to the suffrage of daylight's UV type deconstruction, those bits of information matrix that decompose under too much scrutiny...

in other words.... shaaaduUUUUuuupppt, bout dat...

Oh, & Welcome.
In-Corgi-Able

Post by In-Corgi-Able »

Ah, c'mon! These days, if you're not on at least three government lists, you're not living life hard enough.
It was funny! It was hilarious! He was on fire!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I'm pretty sure the NSA has made a drinking game based on my Internet searches.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:You are on three government watch-lists just because of your puns!!!! (Of course, so am I... BUT LIMERICKS ARE DIFFERENT!!!
Quite different. Very far apart, in fact.

Limerick is in Ireland, and is near sea level. Point Pun is in Colorado, with its peak at over 13,000 feet. It's quite obvious which of the two is the higher form.

On the other hand,

There once was a Sargeant named Greg
whose humor was quite a square peg.
He thought limericks were cool,
and quite a great tool,
but that puns would oft' lay an egg.
:twisted:

and there may be some truth to that at times.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"Twas once there a punster named Dave,
'twas punning the one thing he craved,
he sought his vile fun, with pun after pun,
'till his friends locked him up in a cave!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

There once was a man
From Nantucket whose haiku
Really did suck it

Been saving that one for Sarge. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

...you're combining haiku and limerick... Haiku with rhyming? Or a very short limerick?

I think this is one of those things you don't do, because they might cause a Warp Core Breach or something.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Nawp... but you WILL have pimples sprouting with each pubic hair for this type of degeneracy.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.