New Reader - Just Caught Up

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Luke Green

New Reader - Just Caught Up

Post by Luke Green »

So a while ago I asked around for some titles to put into suggested reading for the slice of life supplement of my Divine Blood RPG and I was directed toward Waspi Square. Well now I'm finally caught up on reading and wow that was an awesome read. And it's convinced me I'll need to add some discussion for high-power leveled slice of life campaigns.

Tina is awesome and I like the vampire FBI agents. There's a lot of funny aneurysm going on where a character that seems simple comic relief is revealed to have hidden and horrible depths. Very nice.

And I am constantly wondering how my characters would interact with these characters, which is always sign to me that I really love something.
Dave

Re: New Reader - Just Caught Up

Post by Dave »

Welcome aboard the Bootlegger Turn Express, Luke!

(so named in honor of Paul's ability to write a story which can throw the reader through a series of sudden changes of direction and mood, without actually going off a cliff getting there)
Julie

Post by Julie »

It's also known as the Whiplash Transcontinental for similar reasons. :P

Welcome to the fandom and the forums, Luke! :) If you're contemplating how your characters would interact with those in the Wapsiverse, you may want to dabble in the Fan Art section of the forums. There is a growing fan fiction community there. :) Even if you don't contribute your own writing, you'll probably enjoy reading everyone else's creative output.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

That's what started me to writin'. Wondering how my OCs would react to the Wapsi gang. Welcome aboard and I hope to see some of your writing soon.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Welcome to the insanity. If you need reference as to who's who, where's where, or "when exactly did that happen again?", feel free to refer to the Wapsi Square Omnibus.

Come for the boobs, stay for the story.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

jwhouk wrote:Come for the boobs, stay for the story.
Jethro Bodine is in the Wapsiverse?
Luke Green

Post by Luke Green »

Don't have the time for fanfiction I used to. Sadly. Currently I am a full-time ALT English teacher in Fukushima. That and I am writing the sequel novel to Bystander (just short of 40k words right now which will leave 30k left in plan). I've been working on that over a year. I'm also putting together the first of a series of species profiles for Divine Blood. Starting with the sidhe, probably doing therianthropes, lemurians and gargoyles after that and then making a compilation. Then maybe do trolls, succubi, dvergr and seraphim. Followed by gorgons, vampyr, jurougumo and dryads. Then wolfen, chiang shih, kitsune and ravens. Gods, Demons and humans are the focus of the fiction and get a lot of treatment as the three default cultures so I'm not sure at doing a species profile for them. But maybe.

I have a couple of other things as well in the fires. Including the aforementioned slice of life supplement.

I have problems with picking up too many projects.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Welcome. Sanity is at an excess here since no one has any use for it. Image

Any relation to Red Green?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Luke Green

Post by Luke Green »

Nah. My family are fake Greens either my Great-Grandfather or my Great-Great-Grandfather was adopted by a Green family after hitting the States. Otherwise my surname would be an Icelandic patronymic that I can't remember precisely off the top of my head. Something like "Oleifssun" or something though.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The Omnibus is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It's a complete reference to the characters, the places, and the storylines of Wapsi Square.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

jwhouk wrote:The Omnibus is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It's a complete reference to the characters, the places, and the storylines of Wapsi Square.
An Omnimbus 2000?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Well, no, Wapsi Square doesn't go back to the year 2000....
shadowinthelight

jwhouk wrote:Well, no, Wapsi Square doesn't go back to the year 2000....
Don't you know the year 2000 will always be the future?

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

shadowinthelight wrote:
...Huh? I'm completely missing that joke...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
shadowinthelight

GlytchMeister wrote:...Huh? I'm completely missing that joke...
In the year two thousaaand. In the year two thousaaaaaaaand.

Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

GlytchMeister wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
...Huh? I'm completely missing that joke...
Well, I got it, and laughed...
:lol: :lol:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just goes to show ya that watching television can be educational!

This was the topic of a big "win" on a TV quiz show not all that long ago. There was a big cash prize at stake, and a sponsor had thrown in a collection of rare books as well. The real prize was a signed first edition of a Dashiell Hammett collection of detective stories - the only known collection featuring all four stories about Hammett's best-known fictional shamus.

The underdog contestant came from behind. When he was asked the question "What year will always be the future?" he answered "2000!" and won a Spade's odyssey.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:Just goes to show ya that watching television can be educational!

This was the topic of a big "win" on a TV quiz show not all that long ago. There was a big cash prize at stake, and a sponsor had thrown in a collection of rare books as well. The real prize was a signed first edition of a Dashiell Hammett collection of detective stories - the only known collection featuring all four stories about Hammett's best-known fictional shamus.

The underdog contestant came from behind. When he was asked the question "What year will always be the future?" he answered "2000!" and won a Spade's odyssey.
*sigh*
C'mon, Dave, get in the shelter. Sarge is sure to be after you for that one... :roll:
Y'know, if you hadn't already turned me into a punster myself, I'd be the one coming at you with a tranq rifle. :|
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:*sigh*
C'mon, Dave, get in the shelter. Sarge is sure to be after you for that one... :roll:
Y'know, if you hadn't already turned me into a punster myself, I'd be the one coming at you with a tranq rifle. :|
The rifle is spoken for this week. My wife has been overworking herself into exhaustion getting ready for a couple of art fairs despite not yet being over a nasty chest cold, and I need to see that she gets some rest for the next few days... ;)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:*sigh*
The rifle is spoken for this week. My wife has been overworking herself into exhaustion getting ready for a couple of art fairs despite not yet being over a nasty chest cold, and I need to see that she gets some rest for the next few days... ;)
As a one-time sufferer of pneumonia immediately followed by bronchitis, and a consistent sufferer of seasonal ahsthma, I personally recommend Codine, Tesselon Perles, Mucinex/Mucinex DM, Advair/Dulera, and whatever albuterol inhalant you prefer.

That combination is about as good as it gets when it comes to fighting cough for me. Don't use codine or Mucinex DM if you plan on being awake or operating anything heavier or more complicated than a manual can opener- as I'm sure you know.
I'm too much!