Good day everyone

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

oldmanmickey

Good day everyone

Post by oldmanmickey »

My name is mickey and i have been reading this comic for years now. No longer satisfied with just bothering posters on facebook i decided to join everyone here on the Forum. :D I love the storyline, the art work and the delightful comments made by the people i have got to know somewhat through the posts. Now that i am retired i will be i am sure a pain in the rear with my posts and wisea** comments.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Re: Good day everyone

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote:My name is mickey and i have been reading this comic for years now. No longer satisfied with just bothering posters on facebook i decided to join everyone here on the Forum. :D I love the storyline, the art work and the delightful comments made by the people i have got to know somewhat through the posts. Now that i am retired i will be i am sure a pain in the rear with my posts and wisea** comments.
Welcome aboard, mickey! It sounds like you'll be in good company here. I'm pretty sure that many of us regulars have been severely pummeled with pillows by our loved ones on multiple occasions as a result of our senses of humor. :)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Welcome aboard, mickey! It sounds like you'll be in good company here. I'm pretty sure that many of us regulars have been severely pummeled with pillows by our loved ones on multiple occasions as a result of our senses of humor. :)
True. I think I was on the receiving end of a "death by fluffy" once.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Aed

Post by Aed »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Dave wrote:Welcome aboard, mickey! It sounds like you'll be in good company here. I'm pretty sure that many of us regulars have been severely pummeled with pillows by our loved ones on multiple occasions as a result of our senses of humor. :)
True. I think I was on the receiving end of a "death by fluffy" once.
Hmmm, I think that was "Poke him/her with the fluffy pillows" just before being forced into the "comfy chair" over in confusion corner. :lol:

Oh, and "Welcome to the herd!" :D
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Welcome, welcome indeed.

Oh, and try the Random Button some time and see what happens...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

what is this random button?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote:what is this random button?
Below the comic on the main Wapsi site, there's a button labeled "Random" which will navigate you to a randomly-chosen page in the Wapsi archive. (Actually, the page is selected through a complex system of record keeping, hand-carved gears, and payola between various sphinx factions, but to us it looks random).

Not a bad way to rediscover old friends among the characters, or be reminded of plot twists or incidents that are still sitting in Chekhov's Armory waiting for Paul to deploy them (to our confoundment and delight).
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

cool, i will do so. i read them from start to finish but i can see the joy and value in random comics. thank you for the tip
Aed

Post by Aed »

Another good feature is the Wapsi Square Chronology. It is a nice read by itself and also a good tool for hunting a particular story arc or strip. :)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

again thank you sir. i will try that.