First Introductory Thread

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Aed

Re: First Introductory Thread

Post by Aed »

toys4grownups wrote:Hello everyone. I am liza and I am 20 years old.
Welcome to the herd! :D
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Aed wrote:
toys4grownups wrote:Hello everyone. I am liza and I am 20 years old.
Welcome to the herd! :D
I second that welcome. I have to say (because I tend to be a smart ass) that your name will cause all sorts of speculation of what you do for a living and/or your career path (none of which will be taken in a bad way here).
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hi, Liza. Where are you from? What brought you to Wapsi Square? Can you pass a Turing Test?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Leak

Post by Leak »

Mark N wrote:I second that welcome. I have to say (because I tend to be a smart ass) that your name will cause all sorts of speculation of what you do for a living and/or your career path (none of which will be taken in a bad way here).
My guess: forum spam bot. And I concur on the Turing test...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Leak wrote:
Mark N wrote:I second that welcome. I have to say (because I tend to be a smart ass) that your name will cause all sorts of speculation of what you do for a living and/or your career path (none of which will be taken in a bad way here).
My guess: forum spam bot. And I concur on the Turing test...
Perhaps it's short for Eliza?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That was my first thought as well.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Vitrvarg

Post by Vitrvarg »

Call me Vitrvarg or Wolf usually answer to Wolf since it seems to explain me to people. I have been following Waspi for several years, one of the 24 comics I read during the week. I have 8 dogs: LiYin, Arna, Hyndla, Ljufr, Bjarkie, Iole, Gitta, and Frode. LiYin and Iole are my wife's more than mine.

I am a writer, unpublished. Cabinet Maker, carpenter, what ever I can do to earn some money. Feeding 8 dogs is expensive, but I would not get rid of them. Not one of them.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Welcome to the fun!

So, a cabinet maker, eh? Working on one of these, perhaps?

My Deviant Art scribbles
Vitrvarg

Post by Vitrvarg »

Atomic wrote:Welcome to the fun!

So, a cabinet maker, eh? Working on one of these, perhaps?
No, Normally just kitchen and bathroom cabinets, workshop cabinets, that sort of thing. They are custom built, to fit exactly in one space.
michaelbirks

Post by michaelbirks »

Hi Bosses,

I've been reading Wapsi for years (9 or so, off and on) and have occasionally appeared in both original and facebook comment streams (found some of my old ones during my latest deep dive).

Been meaning to get around to posting here as I've read more, especially as we seem to be kicking over into a 'next generation' kind of thing.

Like the Emperor is wont to say: Let's see what happens.

Michael.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Welcome Aboard...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Welcome and welcome back!

And the other Emperor said "Too many notes." Plenty of room around here for alternative views!

My Deviant Art scribbles
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Guess I ought to do this as well- Hi, I'm Greg and I am a wapsiholic (sotto chorus- "hi, Greg,")- been so since Bud blew up the island with a grenade... inside the aft torpedo room of a U-boat. I like to play with all manner of stuff- most of it goes "BANG" or "BOOM" but there are other less violent things I play with. I motorize bicycles, renovate my home, build furniture, do gunsmithing, artwork, writing, music, 1/6th scale militaria, 'G' gauge railroading, photography and whatever- work as a surgical tech, so I don't get a lot of free time. There's a busty, sexy 40y/o redhead that loves me to pieces here, along with her two hooligans... er... sons- 17 and 13. I am 61 this August- some of us still got it... been writing fanfiction in the fan art section if yer interested- "A visit to Phix" and "The Elixir"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Guess I ought to do this as well- Hi, I'm Greg and I am a wapsiholic (sotto chorus- "hi, Greg,")- been so since Bud blew up the island with a grenade... inside the aft torpedo room of a U-boat. I like to play with all manner of stuff- most of it goes "BANG" or "BOOM" but there are other less violent things I play with. I motorize bicycles, renovate my home, build furniture, do gunsmithing, artwork, writing, music, 1/6th scale militaria, 'G' gauge railroading, photography and whatever- work as a surgical tech, so I don't get a lot of free time. There's a busty, sexy 40y/o redhead that loves me to pieces here, along with her two hooligans... er... sons- 17 and 13. I am 61 this August- some of us still got it... been writing fanfiction in the fan art section if yer interested- "A visit to Phix" and "The Elixir"
Sa-loot!

Lots of fun sounding hobbies.

Cannot recall when I found Wapsi, though it was through reading Chickweed Lane on interwebs that led me to Pibgorn which led me to Girl Genius and somehow to Wapsi. Hmm... pattern here....

Iff'n I make it to August, I'll hit 58. All gauges are in the green so shouldn't be an issue.

Lots of things fascinate me and garner my interest but due to short attention span I tend to not get anything done. Plus spend too much time reading interesting posts on the Board! :)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hansontoons wrote:Lots of things fascinate me and garner my interest but due to short attention span I tend to not get anything done.
Even without a short attention span, there comes a point where you can have enough diversified interests that you still don't have enough time to enjoy them properly...
Hansontoons wrote: Plus spend too much time reading interesting posts on the Board! :)
I suffer from that, too... Case in point: I should have left for work about 10 minutes ago... :roll: (I'll still be on time, but it will be tight...)
LisbonVirgo

Post by LisbonVirgo »

Um, hi. New reader. Took about a week of on and off binge reading to get the entire comic read. Waspi Square has got to be one of the most consistently funny webcomics I've read in a long time. The art style of the comic reminds a bit of Jim Lawson from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fame.

So, um, hi?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Welcome. You may want to cut back on the colloidal silver a bit, you look a little blue. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Howdy! Try the cookies over in Confusion Corner. Waffles on Saturday also.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Llewellian

Post by Llewellian »

Good afternoon (at least it is, here in GMT+2),

my name's Llewellian. Reader since ye olde times of the #Wotch i guess. Wapsisquare and a few other comics is the first thing in the morning at work until the rest boots up ;).

Right now, collecting a few forums so i have more to read while waiting for data.

Little introduction of myself:

40, from Germany and a Nerd. Married to another Nerd. :mrgreen: Doing Nerdstuff-Hobbies (this includes: Online Comics, Larp, Paintball, Handcrafting things, Cooking,Tabletop, RPG, MMO, the whole spectrum). Aside from that, i am pretty normal. *coughcough*
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Hello from GMT-8 (-7?) !

Out here we have this stupid thing called Daylight saving time

In any case, it should be repealed.

Nice to 'see you', you've come at an interesting time in the development of the current characters, (many of whom weren't around 13 years ago when the strip 1st started...)