Greetings from the Left Coast

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

rune081624

Greetings from the Left Coast

Post by rune081624 »

Hi there! I'm a roleplaying game designer and writer of dark fantasy and horror who has been following Wapsi Square almost since the beginning, and I'm in love with most of the characters of this comic strip. As for myself, I'm writing my first novel: Black Powder, White Magic which I hope will be the first book in a series entitled The Wasteland. It's best described as a dark fantasy western taking place in the Realm of Faerie.
My hobbies include mythology and folklore, witchcraft, and the occult, book collecting, gardening, and growing insectivorous plants.
I'm looking forward to meeting other fans of Wapsi Square; beware of deranged Pooka!
Mark N

Re: Greetings from the Left Coast

Post by Mark N »

Since I'm the first one to see this I guess it is my turn to welcome a new forum crawler :roll: . Welcome to the Loonies-Bin. You will find that most of the Forumies (tm) are great when it comes to helping other creative people. I for one can't wait to hear when you have your first book in print. :D
Last edited by Mark N on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Mark N wrote:Welcome to the Loonies-Bin.
He's not kidding. Several parts of this forum are enter-at-your-own-risk. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Julie

Post by Julie »

shadowinthelight wrote:
He's not kidding. Several parts of this forum are enter-at-your-own-risk. Image
BAH! We're harmless loonies. :P We just may not ever let you leave. :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Welcome, but beware of the Pun Jar. It is a vast, bottomless, and merciless force of surreal nature that can and will envelop you when you least expect it! Rumor has that it is filled with great heaps of valuable cast-off, detritus, and memorabilia ranging from '57 Cadillacs and various space ships to endless volumes of books, treasures, and other offerings, stacked in random heaps, but all perfectly preserved! Aladin's cave has nothing on the seemingly endless, jumbled treasure trove that is the Pun Jar.

So whatever you do, read and enjoy the archives to your heart's content, but don't get down in the dumps!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Disclaimer: Loonies may not be exactly as pictured. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

MerchManDan wrote:

And to think I forgot about Canadian currency.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Mark N wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:

And to think I forgot about Canadian currency.
In my defense, I never think about Canadian currency unless it's "Hey, that's not a quarter..."
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I, for one, NEVER forget about Canadian currency...

Although it might just have to do with the fact that I am, indeed, Canadian, and living in Canada...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

lake_wrangler wrote:I, for one, NEVER forget about Canadian currency...

Although it might just have to do with the fact that I am, indeed, Canadian, and living in Canada...

So just another Loonie?
:P
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Jabberwonky wrote:So just another Loonie?
Guilty as charged, and proud of it, your honor! :mrgreen:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:So just another Loonie?
Guilty as charged, and proud of it, your honor! :mrgreen:
:lol:
rune081624

Post by rune081624 »

Atomic wrote:Welcome, but beware of the Pun Jar. It is a vast, bottomless, and merciless force of surreal nature that can and will envelop you when you least expect it! Rumor has that it is filled with great heaps of valuable cast-off, detritus, and memorabilia ranging from '57 Cadillacs and various space ships to endless volumes of books, treasures, and other offerings, stacked in random heaps, but all perfectly preserved! Aladin's cave has nothing on the seemingly endless, jumbled treasure trove that is the Pun Jar.

So whatever you do, read and enjoy the archives to your heart's content, but don't get down in the dumps!
Considering that most of my fantasy characters would consider this a treasure trove worthy of any Dragon, this might be like opening Pandora's Box...

BARBARA ANN:
Picture a humanoid rabbit as a cute and buxom teenager with golden-brown fur, waist-length golden-blonde hair, and sparkling blue eyes with a hint of mischief. Make her a California surfer girl wearing cut-off shorts, a loud Hawaiian shirt, and a bright yellow crop top, then give her the power to change shape into human or animal forms, do short-distance teleportation, create minor illusions, and perform such tricks as levitating and apporting objects--and you have Barbara Ann, a hyperactive Pooka* with a talent for bad puns and practical jokes. She carries a yellow canvas backpack that is MUCH bigger inside than outside as well as a number of minor magical devices and has the bad habit of taking weird, cool or nifty stuff when no one is looking...
*Pooka are shapeshifting animal faeries from Celtic mythology. You have been warned!

BARBARA ANN IN THE PUN JAR:
(a hole opens in the air and Barbara Ann falls through it like Alice tumbling down the Rabbit Hole)

"Where am I now? Oh, wow! Look at all this cool stuff!"
(climbs over an immense pile of Canadian pennies and starts sorting through the junk)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Takes one look at a female bipedal teenage rabbit and realizes this is the sign he has been waiting for. Puts away the moonshine, mumbles at lest its not looking at a watch and isn't named Harvey while heading off to bed. welcome and i bid you all good night.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long