This, then, would be my Third post...

Once you've registered your login, please put a post here. This will help us confirm real users vs spambots, and gives everyone a chance to say hello.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

This, then, would be my Third post...

Post by TazManiac »

Hey folks, as it turns out I had registered and began posting then realized I hadn't come here first.

I am indeed a human being*, I live near San Francisco, approx, and by trade am one of those Computer Tech/Sys Admin/"I Know How to Solder" types that keeps the interwebz up and running.

Beware though, I tend to spell phonetically and something about this forum, my web browser and perhaps my settings is preventing my crutch, er in-line spell-check to fail.

Hmmm.... Katherine, Tina, 'Muscle Butt', & the Lingerie Ninjas... I detect a preference in my preference...

(hey 'prefference' has only the one 'f'... spell-checks back!)
* Human aye, but I've been known to have emulation...
Dave

Re: This, then, would be my Third post...

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:Hey folks, as it turns out I had registered and began posting then realized I hadn't come here first.

I am indeed a human being*, I live near San Francisco, approx, and by trade am one of those Computer Tech/Sys Admin/"I Know How to Solder" types that keeps the interwebz up and running.
Howdy, Taz - welcome aboard! Turns out I'm also in your general area (south SF bay) and trade (one of those "dangerous types" - a software engineer who uses a soldering iron - nearly as dangerous as a hardware engineer with access to a C compiler, or somebody from Marketing with a Really Great Idea ;) )

Dive in, and enjoy the company and the discussions!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TazManiac wrote:Beware though, I tend to spell phonetically and something about this forum, my web browser and perhaps my settings is preventing my crutch, er in-line spell-check to fail.

OK, so your spell checker is being prevented from failing?... that means it's working... thus we will see *perfectly* spelled words from you... and that's a problem, how? :P granted, they may not be strung together in a proper SENTENCE correctly, but hey! at least they're SPELLED correctly, right! :D
* Human aye, but I've been known to have emulation...
that's OK... as long as it can pass the Turing Test, and or the Bechdel test if placed in that kind of situation, we don't mind...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Julie

Post by Julie »

Welcome to the Crazy House! :) Spelling errors happen to the best of us. We'll try not to pick on you too much...at least not until you've shed your forum training wheels. ;)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It's not the spelling errors that usually get me. It's the people who have autocorrect turned on while posting from their tablet. That's when you get... interesting... sentence structure.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I had a spelling error once. Turns out I was mispronouncing the incantation.
*drops some eye of newt into the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:I had a spelling error once. Turns out I was mispronouncing the incantation.
Happens to most of us from time to time.

TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I plead Artistic License...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Dave wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:I had a spelling error once. Turns out I was mispronouncing the incantation.

Look up the story "Narrow Valley" by R. A. Lafferty for an example of what else can happen if you try to wing it with your ceremonials.
Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:Look up the story "Narrow Valley" by R. A. Lafferty for an example of what else can happen if you try to wing it with your ceremonials.
Oh, I do dearly love that story... thanks for reminding me of it! Makes me want to try to find some faux wood-grain vinyl and try it for myself.

Although... hmmm. I live in Silicon Valley, and if the ceremony worked I could single-handedly crash the whole U.S. economy. You're right, better not wing it.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

kingklash wrote:
Dave wrote:

Look up the story "Narrow Valley" by R. A. Lafferty for an example of what else can happen if you try to wing it with your ceremonials.
I always liked that scene from The Flying Sorcerers by Gerrold and Niven where Purple's sanctum is invaded and trashed--rather effectively.