Going to Mapimi 2013-04-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: Going to Mapimi 2013-04-18

Post by Atomic »

KnightDelight wrote:Why stop at "many?" We (and indeed everything) may actually be everywhere all the time.
Three words: Infinite Improbability Drive
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

RunningBull wrote:Ok, it is like 1,200 miles from Palenque to Mapimi, and Kat has no shoes, money, or ID.
"Hit it!"
*immediately drives through a shopping mall*
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Mark N wrote:
Dave wrote:. . . in this Wapsi context, what Atsali seems to be saying is that stargates don't involve the warping of space ("stitching" two separate places together via a shortcut path in space-time). Rather, they may operate by "unwriting" the information which encodes your mass/energy/existence from one point in space-time, and "rewriting" you back into existence at another point... in effect, updating the Akashic record of your existence. The Universe "forgets about you" in one place and begins "remembering you" in another place. How the information is transferred from one place to another seems to be a quantum mechanical effect... I'd guess using the phenomenon known as "entanglement" (a.k.a. "spooky action at a distance"). Entanglement is very real, and the effects can be utilized across great distances. Measuring one entangled particle affects the other one in the pair instantaneously, regardless of distance... but for quantum reasons it seems to be impossible to use this to actually convey any information faster than the speed of light, alas. I keep hoping somebody will find a tricky way around this limitation... it would be worldshaking if ever accomplished!

If I've got that anywhere near right... Paul, you continue to amaze me... a very clever and inventive synthesis of ideas!
Funny thing is that this reminds me of a Unified Field Theory I heard a couple of decades ago that if you can alter the energy field of an object and make it match another place's, it will take that object and transport it to the other location in an instant. No wormhole or hyperspace needed. The Akashic field is sounding like the place that one came from. Either way, I always figured that Paul was going to avoid 'Star Trek Transporter' methods in how the girls poit.
It reminds me of how to teleport (psionic version) in The World of Null-A by A. E. van Vogt--If two objects are identical to twenty decimal places, the lesser instantly travels to the greater place, or something to that effect.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

kingklash wrote:"I Poited Over To Mapimi, And All I Got Was This T-Shirt"
She clearly needs a new shirt anyway--what she has on is rather a cut-off t-shirt.