Belize sues Indiana Jones

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Jabberwonky

Belize sues Indiana Jones

Post by Jabberwonky »

Because we all know how real the science is in the movies...
Crystal Skullduggery...

A link from that story to a Mayan monkey skull...

Another link to a Mayan Burial Chamber...
(can't rightly tell if the figures on the wall are Tepoz or not...)

Edit: Gross misspelling in the title. (Doh!)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Re: Belize sues Indiana Jones

Post by MerchManDan »

...so, let's see if I understand this: A nation is suing a movie studio for copyright infringement.

I'm beginning to think I may never be surprised again. :|
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Sounds about right. It takes politicians to act dumber than the studio executives who thought that movie was a good idea.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

The world has become a litigious being. It is like people just live to sue sometimes. What gets me is that crystal skulls have been art pieces for centuries all over the world, and the ones in the movie was not even visibly human (Also the skull supposedly taken from Belize was a proven fake).
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

What was the Mark Twain comment? First, God made idiots. That was for practice -- then He made School Boards.

Stupid is catching!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Atomic wrote:What was the Mark Twain comment? First, God made idiots. That was for practice -- then He made School Boards.

Stupid is catching!
Takes away the wonder of why he was so ornery in his final years, he knew what was coming.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

shadowinthelight wrote:Sounds about right. It takes politicians to act dumber than the studio executives who thought that movie was a good idea.
The sad thing is that the person who instigated the lawsuit was an archeologist...not a politician. :( And Mark N is right...I actually recently watched a show about the crystal skulls where they debunked the "found in Belize and made by ancient people" story. The article even references the fact that the origins of the crystal skull had been proven to be more modern. Apparently that won't stop the people of Belize though! They're still certain that the skull is theirs (I still can't get over the fact that someone who calls him/herself an archeologist maintains belief in the authenticity of the crystal skull).

Belize must be desperate for money...but I honestly don't see how their suit could produce any results unless Paramount/Lucasfilms chooses to settle out of court to reduce any legal fees they'd have to pay to fight this claim.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:
Belize must be desperate for money...but I honestly don't see how their suit could produce any results unless Paramount/Lucasfilms chooses to settle out of court to reduce any legal fees they'd have to pay to fight this claim.
Settle????? Since this is already in the international news that ship has sailed. This is a gold mine of free advertising for Paramount/Lucasfilms. We may even see an adventure for Henry (Mutt) Williams (Maybe with Indy as well).
It is also likely that Belize thinks that this can help their tourist trade by putting them in the spotlight.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Yeah, this is nothing more than a publicity stunt to put the name Belize out there for people to consider. Unfortunately, IMHO, it makes them look like ninnies.
Or an attempt by Lucas to up the price on his other franchise...
IndyMickey-650x430.jpg
IndyMickey-650x430.jpg (76.35 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Jabberwonky wrote:Yeah, this is nothing more than a publicity stunt to put the name Belize out there for people to consider. Unfortunately, IMHO, it makes them look like ninnies.
Or an attempt by Lucas to up the price on his other franchise...
I am sure that stranger things have happened.