Cirque de Soleil coming to theatres in 3D

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Cirque de Soleil coming to theatres in 3D

Post by Fairportfan »

Looks good. Of course.

IMDB says "Limited Release", and the end of the trailer (well, some versions, anyway - i didn't watch this one all the way through, but it's the same as what i saw elsewhere, content-wise, i think) seems to imply only two shows on 21 December.

Anybody have any info?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Re: Cirque de Soleil coming to theatres in 3D

Post by Julie »

I'm interested as well...though I'd prefer a non-3D performance (3D movies tend to make me urpy). I just saw a trailer for it on tv this morning before work, and I only saw December 21st mentioned (nothing that said it was a limited release and only on that day). I certainly hope it's more available that 2 shows on 1 day!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote:I'm interested as well...though I'd prefer a non-3D performance (3D movies tend to make me urpy). I just saw a trailer for it on tv this morning before work, and I only saw December 21st mentioned (nothing that said it was a limited release and only on that day). I certainly hope it's more available that 2 shows on 1 day!!
I understand your 3D problem. In my case it is severe vertigo. Needless to say the Spider-man ride at Universal's Islands of Adventure was an error on my part. :oops:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Mark N wrote:
Julie wrote:I'm interested as well...though I'd prefer a non-3D performance (3D movies tend to make me urpy). I just saw a trailer for it on tv this morning before work, and I only saw December 21st mentioned (nothing that said it was a limited release and only on that day). I certainly hope it's more available that 2 shows on 1 day!!
I understand your 3D problem. In my case it is severe vertigo. Needless to say the Spider-man ride at Universal's Islands of Adventure was an error on my part. :oops:
Somehow I did okay on that ride. :) Probably because the "car" you're in feels like it's moving with the sweeping camera movements. I can't watch 3D stuff with "flying" camera motion if I'm sitting still though. I didn't make it very far into Avatar before I had to go be sick in the bathroom. I sat in the theater's hallway and listened to more than 2/3 of the movie just so I didn't feel like it was a complete waste of $13. Hurky-jerky camera movements don't do so well for me either...even in non-3D. I also got sick watching Bourne Ultimatum on the big screen during a fight sequence. :oops:

Anyhow, that's how I know I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything Cirque de Soleil in 3D...they swoosh and fly too much. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."