See In The Dark 2012-11-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Bathorys Daughter

Re: See In The Dark 2012-11-13

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Tsilly is certainly a cheerful little imp. Sort of resembles a chipmunk in the 3rd panel. Wait till Lily finds out the little girl she thinks she is talking to isn't actually Tsillah either.

When she says welcome to the MIB she's hopefully referring to the organization and not it's main location. Surely they have better facilities than some dank, so-dark-even-a-vampire-can't-see, cave. Assuming they are in a cave and Tsillah isn't also creating the background and everything.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Dave wrote:I think Tsillah has just teleported them to the MIB East Coast field office, located at (41.752793, -71.474010).

First person to figure out why it's located there, gets a rebate from the Pun Jar.

(Deposits an old tape recording of a "Phantom Express" radio show into the Pun Jar as pre-payment)
Cranston, RI, as in the "Cranston=Shadow" commentary above?
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Tsilly is certainly a cheerful little imp. Sort of resembles a chipmunk in the 3rd panel. Wait till Lily finds out the little girl she thinks she is talking to isn't actually Tsillah either.

When she says welcome to the MIB she's hopefully referring to the organization and not it's main location. Surely they have better facilities than some dank, so-dark-even-a-vampire-can't-see, cave. Assuming they are in a cave and Tsillah isn't also creating the background and everything.
Considering who Daddy is, she'd have access to some really deep caverns...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

kingklash wrote:With her fish light on, Tsillah has a Dr Suess vibe going there.
I would not eat them in the dark.
I would not eat them by a park.
I would not eat them anywhere.
I like to scare them! Ha! So there!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And here I was going to guess something about Family Guy.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Tsilly is certainly a cheerful little imp. Sort of resembles a chipmunk in the 3rd panel. Wait till Lily finds out the little girl she thinks she is talking to isn't actually Tsillah either.

I don't think she transported them anywhere. They're right there on the street, obscured from view by Tsillah's power. They couldn't see because they were enveloped in pure elemental shadow.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Well it's somewhat cool that one of my guesses was correct (only somewhat because the second I start making accurate predictions about this comic, I expect to have my mental ass handed to me by Paul's wicked twists). Well done Tsillah confusing the heck out of us while scaring the bejeezus out of the vamps!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Atomic wrote:
kingklash wrote:With her fish light on, Tsillah has a Dr Suess vibe going there.
I loved this Dr. Atomic!
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

If they make a Patch-Together of Tsillah, it HAS to the the 3rd panel pose. But without the headlamp...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jay-Em wrote:
scantrontb wrote:
Dave wrote:I think Tsillah has just teleported them to the MIB East Coast field office, located at (41.752793, -71.474010).

First person to figure out why it's located there, gets a rebate from the Pun Jar.

(Deposits an old tape recording of a "Phantom Express" radio show into the Pun Jar as pre-payment)
Annie's Escapes Custom Travel Planning: the same kind of cover that the RCSI uses
??? *drawing blank*

59 Mountain Laurel Drive, Cranston. I fail to see the significance , as to the "WHY". Something in popular culture I missed apparently.. Google maps' sattelite image is darned good there, though..
Mayhaps "Lamont Cranston"?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
tripodcat

Post by tripodcat »

Marylu Who!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Atomic wrote:
I will not eat green eggs and ham,
I do not like them, Tsillah-yam... :mrgreen:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jay-Em wrote:59 Mountain Laurel Drive, Cranston. I fail to see the significance , as to the "WHY". Something in popular culture I missed apparently.. Google maps' sattelite image is darned good there, though..
Dave11 wrote:Cranston, RI, as in the "Cranston=Shadow" commentary above?
Fairportfan wrote:Mayhaps "Lamont Cranston"?
I think I'll give this one out as a shared credit - you guys can split one pun payment from the Jar. I think I recall somebody putting in a really big box of chocolates, some time ago :D

Yes, that's it. The location I gave, given a slight linguistic twist into bad French, would be something like 59 Rue Laurier de la montagne, Cranston, RI.

It was as close as I could Google-fu to an actual "Cranston Mount" i.e. "la monte Cranston" a.k.a The Shadow. Unfortunately Cranston RI is on the coast and has no mountains to speak of, and I couldn't find an actual mountain named after anyone named Cranston.
Jabberwonky wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:Assuming they are in a cave and Tsillah isn't also creating the background and everything.
Considering who Daddy is, she'd have access to some really deep caverns...
Out in the sticks somewhere, no doubt.

(drops a large bag of coal into the Pun Jar... not doubting for an instant that I'll be getting some of it back in my stocking this year)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Ah, kudos to the Tsillah-callers. She's a master puppeteer, with two going at the same time!

Next prediction: Pratt & McBride's first assignment in their new job is phone-pranking Richard Gere.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yamara wrote:Next prediction: Pratt & McBride's first assignment in their new job is phone-pranking Richard Gere.
Something about hamsters, perhaps?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

OK - I give up! Why would my neck of the woods(Cranston,RI - but I live by Narragansett where some storm damage was done!) have anything to do with MIB??

Oooh, with that "headlight" Tsillah can cast her own shadows. THAT sure would've come in handy two weeks ago,too :lol: !
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
Shademaker

Post by Shademaker »

o my...men in black...men in black shadow? Has MIB been Tsillah's organization all along?

yup, upon re-reading, their old boss is talking directly to Tsillah, and telling her how to get the vampires' attention.
I think Tsillah is in charge, and has apparently been looking for a couple vampires.
Last edited by Shademaker on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Kaibyo wrote:OK - I give up! Why would my neck of the woods(Cranston,RI - but I live by Narragansett where some storm damage was done!) have anything to do with MIB??
See the postings a bit earlier, and have mercy on my somewhat twisted sense of humor 8-)

Tsillah is a creature of shadows - she's the daughter of Charon, and the granddaughter of Nyx ("night") and Erebus ("darkness" or "shadow"). It's clear that she is now working with the MIB, and possibly has been for some time (which suggests an interesting connection between our government, and Charon and the other gods and demigods and titans).

Therefore, it seemed to be appropriate to suggest that the MIB's facilities would be located in some place associated with shadow.

The early-20th-century pulp-fiction-and-radio character "The Shadow" went by the name of Lamont Cranston. "Lamont" is derived from an old Norse name meaning "lawman" but it's also similar in sound to French phrasing meaning "the mountain".

So, I Googled around for a location involving Cranston, and mountains... and Google found one decent correspondence between the two terms, that being "Mountain Laurel Drive" in "Cranston, RI".

So, that's where I suggested the MIB headquarters might be.

And, now that I look at a Google aerial photo of the address that the locator pin dropped by chance (59 Mountain Laurel Drive), I see a large white-rimmed circular structure of some sort in the back yard. Must be the entrance to the tunnel complex :shock: which means that Google must be in cahoots with the MIB!

Only the shadow knows... and she isn't telling (yet).

Part of me suggests that you drive up from Narragansett to Cranston to check it out. The better part of me says don't do it, we'd never hear from you again.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Dave wrote: And, now that I look at a Google aerial photo of the address that the locator pin dropped by chance (59 Mountain Laurel Drive), I see a large white-rimmed circular structure of some sort in the back yard. Must be the entrance to the tunnel complex :shock: which means that Google must be in cahoots with the MIB!
Nah, if Google was entwined with MIB, they wouldnt show it at all, seems to me.

EDIT 1:
It looks like Tsillah's light does not cast her shadow. Could this be because she IS the shadow around them" Also, Lily, being a supe herself, should know that just because someone (or something) looks like a little girl, that deos not mean it is! Silly vampire!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Cranston RI? the home of a "shadowy" organization? OOhh badddd.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.