Horrid Halloween Costumes (originally at another site)

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Fairportfan

Horrid Halloween Costumes (originally at another site)

Post by Fairportfan »

From a list of terrible costumes:
RamblingBeachCat.com wrote:Fallen Angel Pre-Teen Costume

Correction: Letting your child go out in this costume makes you a terrible parent. Even if this one wasn't blatantly named "Fallen Angel," you might as well personally invite all the girls at your daughter's school to hate her and and all the boys to co op their sex ed class with some on the job training.

By the way, there were plenty of other "sexy" teen and preteen costumes I could give as examples, but in addition to my complete loss of faith in humanity, I don't want my website ending up in searches that lead to Chris Hansen asking me to have a seat.
"Pre-Teen". Wow. And i thought the Bratz dolls were offensive. At least, when you bought one of those for your tween daughter, it was just an implicit endorsement of the tweeny-slut image. This is an actual bit of enabling.

Others:

This is apparently marketed as a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" costume:

Where did they find the Sixties-era slot car controller?

It's not just male costumes that are would-be "funny sexy". (I think that's a woman.)

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Re: Horrid Halloween Costumes (originally at another site)

Post by shadowinthelight »

Fairportfan wrote:From a list of terrible costumes:
RamblingBeachCat.com wrote:Fallen Angel Pre-Teen Costume

Correction: Letting your child go out in this costume makes you a terrible parent. Even if this one wasn't blatantly named "Fallen Angel," you might as well personally invite all the girls at your daughter's school to hate her and and all the boys to co op their sex ed class with some on the job training.

By the way, there were plenty of other "sexy" teen and preteen costumes I could give as examples, but in addition to my complete loss of faith in humanity, I don't want my website ending up in searches that lead to Chris Hansen asking me to have a seat.
Don't believe everything you read. That is an adult costume available here. The wrinkles on the face of the model even give away that she is older if you zoom in on the picture from the site where they got the listing from. This is the tween version:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Still pretty repulsive.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

This is the prime reason I aggravate my CTS every year.

This year I am making a Tweed and Deerstalker for the wee one. I have hand stitched poet shirts, jackets, vests, a RGB jumpsuit, several incarnations of Captain Jack Sparrow...

Yeah, time intensive, painful, but oh-so worth it.

The best part is the pirate outfit got tweaked and recycled into Ren Faire Garb, and the Tweed will become a new Winter Coat. I'm debating on making it reversible, so that one side is Tweed and the other is black wool, and finding a top hat(that way all incarnations can be done if desired).

I've hand made armor, kilts, gowns, etc. for teddybears, heck, even hand made the bears. My wee one can use a machine almost as well as I can(My Mother is a Tailor), and hand sews things on a regular basis. I have yet to buy a costume for my child, as you can NEVER find one tailored for the weather here, and usually not find one at all that will fit. There are times that you cannot even find the costume, period. Apparently, kids don't like interesting costumes, and parents can't push the censor button(aka the word no). the sad thing is, "cheap" costumes aren't even cheap anymore, just made that way.
For example; the Captain Jack Sparrow one is all one piece, made of spandex blends(the "layers" are faked in the front), and thin. My Captain Jack Sparrow outfit(altered to fit from an adult sized Pirate outfit pattern) has a Cotton twill poet shirt, Cotton Broadcloth vest, Microfiber doesuede jacket, Cotton pants, and can withstand it being quite chilly.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir