X-Mas break 2016-12-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

X-Mas break 2016-12-23

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/x-mas-break/

Atsali's looking like she's ready to kick loose for a while.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: X-Mas break 2016-12-23

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Egg nog.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Egg nog.
That didn't work out terribly well last time. :(
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dave wrote:
But they are older now, surely it will work out better
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
But they know now.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:
But they know now.
That would be the part I would fear most.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

I misread the title as 'X-Man Break".

I thought "What, a Marvel / WS crossover? Fan art of mutants? Something REALLY strange?" Then I reread it, and thought "Oh."

Lack of reading skills makes for some interesting mistakes...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm sure Dietzel and Squirrel Girl would get along swimmingly.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote:I'm sure Dietzel and Squirrel Girl would get along swimmingly.
One might even say Grace-fully . . .

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

"What are you doing in the Bathtub?"

"I came across a recipe for..
.. Step on in, I have all the ingredients..."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Monday's update might be a little late if the news I'm getting from Weather.com are accurate about the snow and ice Iowa got over the weekend. Lots of car-wreck induced power outages.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Atsali is just taking an extra long Christmas break with her family.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:Monday's update might be a little late if the news I'm getting from Weather.com are accurate about the snow and ice Iowa got over the weekend. Lots of car-wreck induced power outages.
You mean, after all this time of writing about and dealing with the paranormal, and he still uses electricity to produce his comic? :roll:

Maybe Greg and Al need to pay him a visit, and set up his computer with an alternate power source... ;)
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

lake_wrangler wrote: You mean, after all this time of writing about and dealing with the paranormal, and he still uses electricity to produce his comic? :roll:

Maybe Greg and Al need to pay him a visit, and set up his computer with an alternate power source... ;)
Trust me, we've offered...he's a traditionalist. What for the life of me is wrong with a modified Rabbit plugged into the breaker panel I simply don't know, but when we mentioned it he got nervous and changed the subject.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Just Old Al wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: You mean, after all this time of writing about and dealing with the paranormal, and he still uses electricity to produce his comic? :roll:

Trust me, we've offered...he's a traditionalist. What for the life of me is wrong with a modified Rabbit plugged into the breaker panel I simply don't know, but when we mentioned it he got nervous and changed the subject.
That's too bad... That Rabbit was exactly what I had in mind, too... I'm sure if would have worked great! :D
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I'm hoping that, by "Rabbit," which I noticed is capitalized, you are referring to the vehicle...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alkarii wrote:I'm hoping that, by "Rabbit," which I noticed is capitalized, you are referring to the vehicle...
No. It was a Lanthian "device", which Al and Greg tried to analyze in Al's shop, in one fanfic. I will not state its actual purpose.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:I'm hoping that, by "Rabbit," which I noticed is capitalized, you are referring to the vehicle...
In this context, "Rabbit" refers to a nuclear-powered Lanthian artifact that was introduced in one of the fan-fiction stories. It was small, extremely powerful, quite unstable when discovered, could have melted down a city if Our Heroes had not gotten it under control, and was probably the least appropriate use of nuclear power for a technological device that has ever been invented in the history of the Universe.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
In this context, "Rabbit" refers to a nuclear-powered Lanthian artifact that was introduced in one of the fan-fiction stories. It was small, extremely powerful, quite unstable when discovered, could have melted down a city if Our Heroes had not gotten it under control, and was probably the least appropriate use of nuclear power for a technological device that has ever been invented in the history of the Universe.
I dunno about nuclear, but the thingamajigs (black and white) certainly qualify as some sort of inappropriate use of some kind of technology...

Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
But it was 'impervious to bodily secretions'... that's not good enough?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.