Figured That Out 2016-11-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Re: Figured That Out 2016-11-03

Post by FreeFlier »

DilyV wrote:I wonder when Pickle will understand that she can't interact with what she's seeing... If I'm not mistaken this is more along the line of an ultra realistic holographic projection...

This playback is about to get tragically interesting...
But what if she can interact . . . :shock: :shock: :shock:

--FreeFlier
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

FreeFlier wrote:
DilyV wrote:I wonder when Pickle will understand that she can't interact with what she's seeing... If I'm not mistaken this is more along the line of an ultra realistic holographic projection...

This playback is about to get tragically interesting...
But what if she can interact . . . :shock: :shock: :shock:

--FreeFlier
After reading Friday's strip I began wondering that myself... but you can't change the past... at least not in real life... in the Wapsiverse, who knows? I'm pretty sure since the calendar machine has been rendered slag, the ability to change what has happened has been removed from play. Even then, it was only possible in the course of the loop... not by time travel.

I'm not entirely sure how this is going to play out... The thought has crossed my mind of Castela "ZOT"ing bad guys... or trying to and blowing parts of the library Q room to smithereens and still not hitting anything she's seeing...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Phix describes it as "a narrative of events as they played out"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Yes, but what are the limits on Castel's abilities?

Not that I actually think that she can, but . . .

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Phix describes it as "a narrative of events as they played out"
Which means she can't change what she's seeing.

:(
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Soon after which Castela sits down and pens :

"After-action Report - Battle Techniques of Atsali's Mother, defending Offspring...".
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"These are but shadows of things past- they cannot hear or see us, nor would they respond were it so,"

Ghost of Christmas past to Scrooge, "A Christmas Carol".
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

That's probably for the best.

What would have been really dangerous, would been if Castela had asked "Why is Atsali so sensitive about being left behind?" and the Library had spoken:

A question! Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited a question.

That did not work out well.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:That's probably for the best.

What would have been really dangerous, would been if Castela had asked "Why is Atsali so sensitive about being left behind?" and the Library had spoken:

A question! Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited a question.

"Yes. Can catch." worked out a little better, but it required careful mothering and training.

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

FreeFlier wrote:

"Yes. Can catch." worked out a little better, but it required careful mothering and training.

--FreeFlier
...huh?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

GlytchMeister wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:

...huh?
The being speaking isn't supposed to speak . . . if it does, it's very dangerous.

In this case, they managed to teach it to be a responsible and productive member of their specialized society. "I am a Soldier." -from Glen Cook's novel The Dragon Never Sleeps-

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I haven't seen Glen in years - when i was seeing him at one or two cons a year, i always used to bug him about a sequel to The Dragon Never Sleeps...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

" 'The strong survive.' "

"They do, don't they?"
I'm also waiting for another Black Company book.

--FreeFlier