Make You Feel 2016-10-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Make You Feel 2016-10-03

Post by AmriloJim »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/make-you-feel/

Why does Connie convey more credibility than any of the national fourth estate?
jeffepp

Re: Make You Feel 2016-10-03

Post by jeffepp »

Someone's definitely been reading manga, lately.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Look at Mom in the background: 'da Feelz!'
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Some wounds have to re-open before they can heal.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AmriloJim wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/make-you-feel/

Because she's willing to speak the truth, no matter whether it fits the narrative - whereas much of the national media is willing to speak the narrative no matter how little of it is truth.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

AmriloJim wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/make-you-feel/

Had to startpage that. I'm guessing you mean our national press, a.k.a. "the mainstream media", yes?

Probably the gaping holes in logic they frequently report.

Half tempted to post a link to a certain summary of the official story (as reported by the National Press Club) of a certain tragedy from just over half a decade ago. But I don't want to start any drama, and there's no [spoilers] HTML code in this forum.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Funny how that little voice cuts straight to the bone.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Connie is EEvill
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think being confronted by someone you thought had died years ago, vs watching the landscape getting turned to glass is gonna be a tossup.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

So . . .

Connie may be enjoying herself, but she's also doing her job . . . And apparently doing it pretty well, at that.

--FreeFlier
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I think Connie's been watching too many old Warner Brother's / Bugs Bunny cartoons.
....or GROUCHO in Monkey Business: "Is it true you plan to divorce your husband as soon as he recovers his eyesight?"
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Connie is EEvill
Hardly. She's doing her job - as Shelley's conscience tweaking her over things she needs to deal with - and situations that she has handled poorly - is what she needs to so.

The fact that she's handling it in her own innimitable style is just her - and part of the magic that Pablo wields.

Alan
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
eee

Post by eee »

Aha, so that's what Connie's up to. She's apparently decided these two need to talk TO each other, not AT each other like they normally do, so she engineered this head to head so they could have a heart to heart.

Evil little elemental.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bingo, eee! Heart-to-heart talk: achievement unlocked.

Connie isn't being evil, though... just devious and mischievous and effective, and of course she knows Shelly very well indeed.

Shelly had always had a bit of difficulty in getting down to emotional honesty and "deep truth" with people. Tina ripped her a new one for confusing hot sex with real intimacy. Connie chewed her out for "catastrophising" about the consequences of revealing her true nature to Justin. In the end, she didn't open up and tell him the truth (about herself, and about how she felt about him) until she was forced to do so by circumstances. She needed a hell of a push to get over the hurdle of "Let's you and me really talk. I'll go first."

This feels like another such push, courtesy of Connie.

We've known for years (ever since the day of the big Bia reveal and derp-punching) that Shelly was the result of a very deliberate breeding project, and that Bia had anticipated that her daughter would somehow fulfill a prophesy and "set things right". Maybe we're finally going to learn more about just what Bia thought Shelly was/is supposed to do... that whole question has been the rhinoceros in the corner ever since then.

And maybe, maybe even whether this ties into Tina being "one of the five winged beings who...". Who what? and who are the other four? That's another rhinoceros... and Bia might be able to identify it.
Last edited by Dave on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:And maybe, maybe even whether this ties into Tina being "one of the five winged who...". Who what? and who are the other four? That's another rhinoceros... and Bia might be able to identify it.
If we have winged rhinos, I'm gonna need a bigger umbrella.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:And maybe, maybe even whether this ties into Tina being "one of the five winged who...". Who what? and who are the other four? That's another rhinoceros... and Bia might be able to identify it.
That's worse that pig-eons and spigeons . . .

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
That's worse that pig-eons and spigeons . . .

--FreeFlier
... hm... eight foot span Kevlar umbrellas... yup... can be done...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:And maybe, maybe even whether this ties into Tina being "one of the five winged beings who...". Who what? and who are the other four? That's another rhinoceros... and Bia might be able to identify it.
I'm not at all clear how Tina qualifies as a winged being. If she does, then purely on speculation I'll guess the other four are Shelly, Atsali, Nadette, and Berdine.

(What? The latter two can shapeshift to freaking *balloon animals* and *jumpsuits*. A winged being shouldn't be that hard.)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:
Dave wrote:And maybe, maybe even whether this ties into Tina being "one of the five winged beings who...". Who what? and who are the other four? That's another rhinoceros... and Bia might be able to identify it.
I'm not at all clear how Tina qualifies as a winged being.)
Well, here's where she makes the claim:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/get-this-sorted/

and here, some hours later (Wapsi time), she shows her wings:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/out-all-day/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/whitewing/

I think I recall her manifesting wings at least once before this, but I can't find the page right now.

I don't think it's been explained yet just what these wings actually mean - whether they're an attribute of a specific one of her constituent demons, or are an emergent characteristic of the growing unity of the Tina 2.1/3.0 personality.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Thats my Girl...