Grab Your Seat 2016-09-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Grab Your Seat 2016-09-14

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/grab-your-seat/

I think most of them would rather grab HIS seat. :P
TheCollector

Re: Grab Your Seat 2016-09-14

Post by TheCollector »

So is this mean Devyn's gay? Because that would make me very happy.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Based on the loud KERWHONK we just heard, I think the younger ladies have forgotten the difference between a classroom, and a live demo of what it feels like to be the pins in a bowling alley.
TheCollector wrote:So is this mean Devyn's gay?
Actually, she seems rather subdued at the moment.
Last edited by Dave on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I don't think gay, I think something else. Devyn is not human. Therefore she does not behave according to human norms.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Does Mr. Peterson look a lot like Shelly, or am I seeing things?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I'm guessing that the student on the left (our left) is a foreign (outside the Wapsiverse) exchange student: she does not have a pointy chin... :P
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:Based on the loud KERWHONK we just heard, I think the younger ladies have forgotten the difference between a classroom, and a live demo of what it feels like to be the pins in a bowling alley.
If so, Devyn was definitely not the bowling ball: she started walking to her desk before the other girls started running, and she's the only one sitting, at the end, having calmly reached her desk.

More likely is that in their rush to get seats (I mean, they all have seats, already, but rather they are looking for chairs to sit on... *drops a seat cushion in the pun jar*), they either ran over each other, or they temporarily lost all coordination (likely, seeing how they also lost speech capacity and the ability to more, a few panels back), and ran all over the furniture, being unable to stop in time upon reaching their desired destination. Or a mix of the two, as they may have also been jockeying for position closest to the teacher...
Dave wrote:
TheCollector wrote:So is this mean Devyn's gay?
Actually, she seems rather subdued at the moment.
I think I hear the pun jar menacingly singing the Flintstone's theme song's ending at you...
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:I think I hear the pun jar menacingly singing the Flintstone's theme song's ending at you...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to think for a while about how such an upbeat theme can be sung menacingly. :?
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

I'm gonna guess he's related to her pantheon or something along those lines, and that he has paranormal abilities that are lending themselves to the clamoring. At the very least, given the relatives she visits, she might be more resistant to conventional wiles when she's related to and has met some of myth's greatest seducers (and rapists). I wonder if Adonis is still around..
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:I don't think gay, I think something else. Devyn is not human. Therefore she does not behave according to human norms.
Are any of them truly human?

The teacher could also simply not be Devyn's type.

Or she already has someone dear to her*, so she won't get infatuated with someone else.

Or, since we know she is a bit of a loner** (or would that be emotionally challenged, from getting picked on so much?), she has emotionally inoculated herself against such infatuations, fearing the inevitable *** negative result...

*Not everything takes place on camera, you know...

** In spite of being rather active in extracurricular activities...

*** Inevitable, in her own mind, that is...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I think I hear the pun jar menacingly singing the Flintstone's theme song's ending at you...

I'll have to think for a while about how such an upbeat theme can be sung menacingly. :?
By repeating the last line over and over, as it slowly approaches you? :twisted:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

As I was looking through the archives, to provide links for my previous post, I ran into this touching page... (And also the next one...)

Aaaaaawwwww... :D
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I like the theory that he's a relation, on her father's/uncle's side...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Are there no males in this class?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Are there no males in this class?
Yes the teacher does seem to be male. If teen females are anything like teen males then a teacher of the opposite gender would work very well for catching and holding the students attention.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

"Notice me, sand-pie!" Seems to be the phrase. But, not a tasty sounding kind of pie.

As for Devyn, it could be like Antimony in Gunnergrig Cort. She clearly likes guys, especially shiny wet, bare chested ones, who already have a girlfriend (doh!). But, she doesn't drool over Eglamore, when all the other girls do.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Opus the Poet wrote:Does Mr. Peterson look a lot like Shelly, or am I seeing things?
I thought so yesterday, too.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:

Switch it to a minor key and slow it down a bit.

An example with 'Every Breath You Take'
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Hmm, I wonder which student will end up being chosen to be his helper. . .
TheCollector wrote:So is this mean Devyn's gay? Because that would make me very happy.
Or she's asexual, or she's only interested in such things when she's in heat, or Dean just isn't her type of guy, or she already knows Dean and doesn't like him for some reason, or she can see through his glamour, or she's already completely romantically invested in another person, or all sorts of other possibilities. I expect that we'll be finding out before too long, though.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:I don't think gay, I think something else. Devyn is not human. Therefore she does not behave according to human norms.
Are any of them truly human?

The teacher could also simply not be Devyn's type.

Or she already has someone dear to her*, so she won't get infatuated with someone else.

Or, since we know she is a bit of a loner** (or would that be emotionally challenged, from getting picked on so much?), she has emotionally inoculated herself against such infatuations, fearing the inevitable *** negative result...
Or she's just too mature for her age? I remember something similar happening when I was seven years old but with a box of candy. I clearly remember thinking "this is so undignified."