Perfumes for Nerds

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Perfumes for Nerds

Post by DinkyInky »

Meet ZOMG Smells. It's Nerdy, Geeky handmade perfume. How awesome is that? Sorry if you've encountered this on any of the other forums I frequent, but I can't help sharing an awesome thing.

Since there's no spoilers here, it will be a bit of a wall of text. I am also doing a hypothetical, "What would the Wapsi cast pick from this awesome site?"

When my Grandmother told me to spoil myself for once, I decided to listen to her advice. I have a bad habit of running myself into the ground, and doing for everyone and everything else first...which usually ends up not so good for me.

So for my birthday last month, I ordered a squee party from ZOMG smells(I just followed the banner on the Girl Genius main site).

I picked some rather exotic Asian inspired pieces, and some perfumey pieces, and some sparky pieces.

Thus far, my chemistry hasn't gone all Jager-brawling on me, and the first one I tried was a Girl Genius inspired scent--The Nuremburg Pudding Incident.

It's divine! My wee one keeps wanting to smell my wrist, and I keep doing the same. In the bottle, it smells like a warm, fresh made pudding with lemon zest sprinkled on top. On me, it starts out this way, then after about 20 minutes, deepens into this vanilla with quite a nice hint of amber, and this earthy not quite flower bit, and a subtle bit citrusy, but definitely divine smell. My brain didn't leave me alone about one of the traditional scents(called Hyang-su), so I put it on my forearm. I'm Korean. It took me back to when I was a kid. My mother made a scent similar to this and I wore it going to visit relatives all dressed up. It was playful and energetic.

A bit spicy, but not overbearingly so(cause too much spice gives me migraines). She stopped making it when I grew up, in favour of "grown-up" scents like L'air du Temps. Methinks I'm going to wear it around her when me and the wee one visit, and I can show her how wrong she was about it...maybe finagle a recipe from her...

I know once I finish off this bottle, I'm going to go after a full size, and put it into one of my glass perfume bottles(I collect both Egyptian Blown Glass and antique milk glass perfume bottles and atomizers). I rarely use them, but this scent is just too good to keep in anything but the best. I woke up the next morning, and that lovely divine smell was still clinging to me. I hated to wash it off, but there was good reason...

Up Quark

Oddly enough, the first whiff put of the bottle was, well, minty! Like an old fashioned, Zinger tea; it was the same on me. Then as it dried, a hint of pepper and then, WHAM! with a grand jager brawl inside my brain...walking in an old forest...a really old forest. I've actually done that, and it smells just like this. It still smells like tea as well, like I've got a perfect cuppa that I've taken with me on my walk.
I got it because of the science-y name, and it's not at all what I was expecting. From the description, I was thinking a bit more treehugger, and less well, time travel in my brain. So I guess for Science! it works, because it made me travel back to when I was a kid and walking through this HUGE forest with my parents. They took me "roughing it" camping a ton, before siblings with allergies and asthma brought all that to a halt.

More of a little pick-me-up for those down days methinks. I am so getting more of this.

Dr. Zomg's Tincture of Caprice

Citrus and Juniper and Sage, Oh My! It would be a very refreshing scent, if it would stay on me longer. It fades sooooo fast. I've had to put it on me four times to get a good whiff on me. I think a scent locket would be a great idea for it. It's a rather earthy blend, if that makes any sense. Grapefruit at the onset, then fades to let the sage and juniper take center stage. It totally follows through on it's name, as it seems to only stay on a whim. So for Science! it isn't the best invention, although it's a nice attempt. I like the scent enough to get another squee for a scent locket. If anyone gets this and can get it to last for more than five minutes on them, please let me know how you did it.

Four Seasons In Mighty Contention on Trivial Matters

I opted to not do the last sparky one yet, as the weather changed, and my sinuses aren't up to trying what I picked just yet, so I opted to try this interesting one, as well, the seasons are changing. In the bottle, I smell
basil, some flowery bit, spearmint, green tea, and amber, but on me? I got this interesting Peony scent, followed by the smell of wet leaves and pesto of all things, then Christmas trees, finally it rolled into this Mint Julep-y tea sort of smell. Then it seemed to start all over. It was rather fun. I'd get another bottle just for the fun factor. Because ladies, this one will definitely keep them guessing! Oh and for Science! It works, though that's not why I got it. :p Oh, and for a soundtrack while you let it work on your skin (and your senses), try Joshua Bell's Four Seasons at St. Martin in the Fields. It's a match made in heaven!

Rose in Amber

My sinuses are still adjusting to the weird weather, so still not trying that last science-y scent. It's a lovely piece, in the bottle all you smell is tea roses with a hint of that subtle amber. It's very wild tea rose-y first on. Then settles and well...it smells like a museum...you know that old and dusty sort of smell that seems to cling around the fossils? Or that musty smell of old books? Yeah, that one. Oh, and kind of like not quite incense, but like smokey applewood. I collect crinoids for a family member, and when rinsed off and dried, they sort of smell old like that, so tea roses and fossils? Check. It's interesting, then about 20 minutes later, I get a whiff of amber sneaking in. I like it. I'd wear it as an everyday scent, because it's a brilliant take on a classic.Oh, and for Science! it's fabulous. What's not to like about a museum? Except for that certain movie...

Lola

My sinuses still aren't ready for the last Science-y one, and this one will give you a clue as to why...
I have never found a perfume with Frankincense that smelled nice. Usually it was paired with Myrrh and Patchouli, and it was migraine-inducing. I also haven't found a perfume with spices that wasn't also a migraine starter. This takes both and has the world's best spa day for the price of a bottle of bubble bath. It's Sex & the City meets Mad Science! Lab coats with Stilettos and matching Erlenmeyer flasks...yanno, for Science! :lol:
In the bottle, it smells like incense and cider spices. On me it starts off with a solo of Frankincense (because it deserves to have the spotlight once in a while), then sort of sneaks off to let this sexy earthy spicy smell own the runway in a Lab Coat. This is so my new Holiday/Winter scent! Another on the list of large bottles!

Soft Lavender Cake

Head for the Hills! The Mad Scientists are in the Kitchen! This is one of the perfume-y ones I picked, and although it's touted by fans of the scent and the creators as a "food" scent, it didn't exactly work like that on me. In the bottle, it's fresh French Lavender, so clean and pretty, with a bit of wee hint of Vanilla tossed in. I was excited to try this one. Then I put it on me. I don't like Vanilla Musk (too many summers on road trips with family wearing Vanilla Musk EVERYTHING perfumes), and I was going to toss this in with the laundry as a wash, because Vanilla Musk was all I could smell as soon as it hit my wrists. Not even a hint of Lavender. :'( Ewwwww. I didn't run screaming to wash it off though, and was rewarded with an interesting toasted Coco-nutty note that got rid of the sickeningly sweet, and made the Lavender come back with a rich kind of, well Angel Cake scent (Why yes, I use lavenders in my Angel Cake recipes, how sharp of you to guess). I think that for Science! the chemical reactions to my body chemistry are Svengoolie worthy (BERWYN!). It's not a scent I'd wear all the time (unless I use a scent locket so it doesn't touch my skin), but it's worth a sampler bottle once in a while...as a treat (pun intended).

Hyang-Su

I just had to give this it's own day. My mother got a whiff of it, and agreed that it was close to what she made me as a child. She says it's the same as it was on me as well, and if she finds her notes, the recipe is mine! Mwahahahaaaaaa! First whiff in the bottle; Anise. That Liquorice scent I'm not fond of, but then there's a pale bit of Ginseng, and warm Clove. On me? Ginseng, Clove, Anise, and a hint of Ginger(at least for me). It's clean and fresh, like a nice day. I love it enough to grab a full bottle for those blah days when the weather outside is drab and dull. The for Science! factor? It's a well-blended classic Asian scent. Let the Lab coats hang on the peg today, I'm going to walk in the Sunshine.

Cause I'm such a goof, I had a moment of Derp, and forgot to put Heian-kyo on my squee list, and they gave me this(which is rather awesome):

Lola's New Dress

While similar in concept to Lola, this time in the bottle it smelled like Chai tea and Frankincense and a hint of something...I got Chocolate added to the mix. That gorgeous scent drenched in divine chocolate! As it dried, I got Chai spice tea, with a square of lovely chocolate. It made me brew a nice strong cup of tea with Cardamom, Ginger, Cinnamon, and Vanilla, then stirred some heavy cream in. While I was sipping, I got a square of Twilight Dream Dark Chocolate, and hid from my son(I have a rule of no sweets before lunch--I'm so bad!), and savoured it. I put on Josh Groban's Awake(because his baritone is about the only thing sexier than this scent), and just took a tiny break from it all. When I wore Lola, I had to go out and run errands while my son was at school, and random guys just popped up everywhere flirting. I have a feeling that may happen again should I leave the house today. The for Science! factor went up 1,000x as The combinations that never work for me just all coalesced into this incredible scent. I am sooooo getting a full bottle!

Get a lovely Girl Genius inspired mad science outfit and invent something...sparky.

The Melancholy Death of Nikola Tesla Drawn to the scent title, I placed it on the list. I really wanted to like this.
In the bottle: Patchouli. I hate Patchouli. It reminds me of the stoners in High School. They smelled like Pot drowned in Patchouli. On me? Patchouli. Blech! Ewwwwwwww! Even the dry down was Patchouli. I let it sit on me for a loooong time. After about 20 minutes, it started to turn into this leather smell, mixed with Sandalwood. On the creator page, it said Violets, which was noticeably absent. I love Violets, and would have loved a hint of them. The for Science! factor: After the loooong wait, it smells like toolbelts and sawdust. Like my Grandfathers Carpentry corner in his garage. He's been gone eight years this past Labor Day, and it reminded me of him. He was a Master Carpenter. Could turn a tree into furniture and knick-knacks on a whim. He took knotty pine, and made a Leopard Skin frame for my Point-Dot picture of David Bowie in Labyrinth(Ballroom scene outfit) that an old artist acquaintance gave me. I think I'll wear it on his birthday, and very rarely otherwise. Amazingly enough, it does fit the Melancholy of the title, because it made me miss my Grandfather.

This is it until the other order I put in arrives(with Science in the collections title, I couldn't resist!). It came in today(10/22).

Last time, on Sparky things for Science! we were examining the wonderful shoppe, ZOMG Smells. We return this week with one of their collections, aptly named:

Rub Science on Your Body

The Dubious Candification of Nikola Tesla

In the bottle, I smelled Violets, Sandalwood, and Leather Toolbelts. On me, it's what I wished the other Tesla I tried out could have been. Straight out I got Violets, and that Toolbelts and Sawdust scent. After a few minutes, I got Creamy Vanilla and barely there Musk, like the softest of whispers. It's sweet, and long lasting. I hope they keep this one because it's gorgeous. The for Science! factor? It's sweet genius! The perfect Sparky scent when you're going to call the Lightning.

Soundtrack for this scent: Wagner - Der Ring des Nibelungen - Die Walküre

Spiced Hypatia

Mad Scientists are in the kitchen again, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Okay, just kidding about that bit. These ones can cook.

In the bottle, lovely fresh sweet pears, with the juice running down your chin.

On me, the scent of spicy, buttery poached pears, like I had just finished canning them and the whole kitchen is filled with that Cinnamon, Nutmeg, buttery sweet gorgeous warm smell. It faded to almost nothing really quickly, which made me sad. About a half an hour later I was drying my wee one's hair when that lovely spicy warm sweetness came back, joined by Myrrh. The Egyptian Musk that also came with is rather subtle, which is awesome, because I find it can be a bit headache inducing.

The for Science! factor? Another culinary olfactory masterpiece. The guys will never know what hit them!

Sweet on Zhang Heng

On the bottle, I got a lovely sweet citrus spiced tea, perfect for a cool Winter Morning with frosty gentle breezes.

On me, it started out as Soap. Being unconcerned, as sometimes the scents need a bit to warm up, I waited a minute. I was rewarded with the scent of walking through a forest, with the crisp breezes bringing that lovely scent of the trees, green and alive. I was very glad that the Patchouli added a mossy undertone to the overall green start of this scent.
After about 10 minutes, it started to change, and the bright citrus tea scent came out, like the sun sparkling on dewdrops and frost, then it faded again to that green smell. I think it will be very much like Four Seasons on me, in that it will cycle through it's catalog of scents. Very clean and pretty.

The for Science! factor? Another walk through time. Since it's a limited, I'll use it as a pick-me-up for those blah! days.

Lovely Lady Lovelace

So very light and sneaky how it wraps you up in refined comfort.
In the bottle it smelled very sweet, like Amaretto or Almond paste in a sweet roll, so I thought it was going to be a gorgeous culinary masterpiece. On me it was that Almond scent, followed by a lighter-than-air Musk with touches of Vanilla infused Honey and the florals were so subtle, yet not overly girly. It's lasting power amazed me, as it even lasted through cooking with Saffron and doing dishes. The for Science! factor? It's a perfume named after a female mathematician who is credited as the world's first computer programmer. Shame it's a limited. Not sure if I can afford a full bottle before it disappears.

Thomas Alva Edison, the Last Jellybean in the Bag

The most evil scent in the world...is this one right here. I hope it makes you all smile like mad scientists when you hear why I like it(I HATE Black Jellybean anything, so read on).

Now I wore this for Halloween, for a bit of an Absinthe kick. I got a bit more than bargained for.

In the bottle, black jellybeans, absinthe and spice. On me, it smelled like black jellybeans, and about knocked me out with it's potency, and continued for an hour, in which I contemplated washing my wrists with bleach. It was then that I got an :twisted: eeeevil idea, and daubed some Candy Tesla on. Within seconds, I got the lovely sweet smell of Candy Tesla, and the sour black jellybean of Edison duking it out. Within an hour there was the lovely Tesla scent with a hint of Absinthe(which was all that was left of Edison, so perfect for the Holiday.

May I present for your approval,

ULTIMATE DEATHMATCH: EDISON VS. TESLA

Everyone that smelled it loved it. So in my twisted fantasy, Tesla wins a deathmatch vs. Edison. I hope they keep making both scents sold as a set with the above title. Worn like this, it's awesome. I woke up this morning with that lovely scent still clinging to me. For Science!

Delicious Darwin

It pulled a Darwin on me... :roll:

...as in, it was Patchouli for two hours before letting the Delicious part breeze in.
In the bottle it was mossy scented citrus drops. On me, Patchouli hell for two hours. I patiently waited, and was rewarded with the lovely citrus candy scent that lasted the rest of the day. I'm going to wait a while before trying it again and see if it needs a bit of time to age(I did that with Melancholy Tesla, and was rewarded with a shorter Patchouli bath). It's still lovely. Those that love Patchouli will like this one, it's sweet, bright, and earthy all in one. The for Science! factor? The scent of natural selection is dark humour with a bit of candy.

My last science bottle came in with a busted cap, so I'm waiting on a replacement before reviewing the overall scent. The in the bottle scent is very yummy. EDIT: Came in today(11/05)

Marie's Curious Candy

In the bottle it's this subtle White Chocolate Peppermint Wafer...it smells exactly like an Ande's Candies mint wafer.
On me, it's this sexy deep Chocolaty Mint with the barest breath of Musk. It's so incredibly sinful, yet totally easy on the hips(the ultimate no-calorie solution, unless it tempts you to eat a ton of Ande's Candies). The for Science factor? Another Sexy science-inspired treat that will leave the boys begging for more.

(I'm almost afraid to go out into public with it on if it gives me any response near what Lola did).

I got this one due to me forgetting it last order:

Heian-Kyo

In the bottle, Spicy warm woodsy notes, no floral.

On me, Spicy, and warm, warm, warm Cinnamon(it reminds me of my spice bottle of roasted Saigon Cinnamon, and not that sharp red-hot candy cinnamon) and Cloves.
I definitely smell the woodsy notes, with Cedarwood top note, Sandalwood in the center, and the Pine less prominent.
It cools off to have a hint of Lilac peeking through, making it an almost baked apple sweetness. Very earthy, yet sweet and feminine. A power scent for the confident woman.

ZOMG Soaps

I got three slices with my orders. I kind of forgot about them due to my little one yoinking them.
This review is from my wee one(age seven):

Baby Unicorn Birthday Party Soap

It's very pink, and smells like cake...yay tasty cake!
Lots of sparkles...so many sparkles.
Lots of bubbles...do the ladies make a bubble bath in this?
This is a very fun soap. Can I thank them for making it? I like it a lot.

My review:
Pink glittery bar. Smells like cake, icing, and baby powder.
This sample size is generous, as in the small size packs a BIG punch.
There's possibly a week's worth of bathtime, including lathering up a short hairdo(provided it doesn't sneak into the hand-washing soap tray).
Suds up very well. I used it to wash his hair after he used it, and it was left soft, shiny, sparkly, and smelling of cake.
Yes, you can use it on your hair. *cue the squee's of joy* Use an unscented conditioner to complete your morning routine.
My only wish is that the fragrance was a bit stronger, as it began to fade when blowdrying his hair.[/spoiler]

I'll edit here and add as I try others; and if any of you have used them, I'd love your impressions on their scents, and hypotheticals on what everyone in Wapsi-verse would try.
Here's my list:

Monica: Lola Hyang-Su, Rose in Amber
Shelly: Tesla or Candy Mechanic
Tina: Four Seasons
Bud: Heian-kyo, Sweet on Zhang Heng
Brandi: Garden Nap
Jin: Nuee Ardente
Phix: Hatshepsut's Beard, Spiced Hypatia
Euryale: Baby Gorgon Birthday Party Or Chocolate Orange Cordial
Nudge: Strange Quark
Dummy me realised I forgot one:
Katherine: Rose in Amber or Up Quark

I've not tried some of these, so some are based on the creator's descriptions. Bold I've tried, Blue are others suggestions.
Last edited by DinkyInky on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am, edited 15 times in total.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
chibichibi01

Re: Perfumes for Nerds

Post by chibichibi01 »

You've inspired me to get my own squee kit! I loved your description of the scents and decided to get a few myself. As soon as I have them, I'll put my own review up here :)

For now though, I think Candy Mechanic is perfect for Shelly, though I'm not sure about Lola for Monica. I think the Hyang-Su fits her better; her nickname is Sunshine, after all. And I think you're spot on for the rest of them, based on the creator descriptions.
ImageImage
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

After trying Melancholy Tesla out firsthand, I'd have to say this is definitely Shelly's scent. On her it would have this earthy sexy smell with motor oil. I totally could see her walking out of the garage and spritzing this on before seeing Justin, then having a relaxing shower. :twisted:

I had a bad olfactory association with Patchouli, and if there's a strong start-up with it, it's bad. Trying Melancholy Tesla I had to sit for nearly half an hour before I could stand to smell it on me, the Patchouli had such a long note. Afterward, it was a pleasant Sandalwood sawdust and Leather scent.

Being a perfumer myself, I do work with it, but I have to age it so it's not that high-toned smell. After a bottle of Patchouli "turns", it has this earthy mossy smell rather than the high sweet earthy, well, weedy scent that makes me wretch. I blend it with notes of Ylang-Ylang, Cassia Cinnamon, and Rose Otto. I've found that both guys and girls like it. My sister called it, "That Sexy Number" and the name stuck. Also, making solid perfumes/body creams, the scent is not so in-your-face overwhelming, and has a chance to warm up with you.

Monica is very sunny, but she's got this innate seductive, yet light and flirty thing going for her, so Lola seems about perfect.

Hyang-Su is a very oriental scent, and may or may not be Miss Sunshine's outer shell.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

This makes me want to try Rose in Amber. :) The smell of an old library or museum makes me all squidgy. :) Then again, so does the smell of leather (I've got leather scented candles...my husband hates them :))...so maybe I should also try the Tesla scent. *ponders*
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:This makes me want to try Rose in Amber. :) The smell of an old library or museum makes me all squidgy. :) Then again, so does the smell of leather (I've got leather scented candles...my husband hates them :))...so maybe I should also try the Tesla scent. *ponders*
Leather scented candles? Ooooooh! Sounds lovely. Tell me more...

Yeah, the best part about it is it's like wild tea roses, not fakey-fake roses. So many rose perfumes smell fake. I was wonderfully surprised about the library/museum smell. I swear it was like some librarian or museum curator put a vase of wild roses on their desk, and the window breeze brought the smell to me.

I so want to take my wee one out to the museum(I missed going to see them and the Zoo in Texas when we vacationed there because 110 degree weather drives me to hide). Stupid schools don't take the kids to cool places like that anymore. When I was a kid, we went to the museums(especially the auto museum! Whee!), Aquariums, Zoo's, Planetariums, Art Institute...

I will warn you about Tesla. It's top note is Patchouli, and it's prominent. On me it took about 20 minutes for the Leather and Sandalwood to pop up. Most of the reviews I read said the Patchouli is prominent as well. But if Patchouli doesn't bother you, it's well worth it. I'm waiting for the weather to decide if it will be cold or warm before trying to wear it again.

They make stories out of perfume. It's soooooo neat! If you do get them, let me know what you think.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

For the parents on the board:

The Soft Lavender Cake scent has a rather awesome additional use. My wee one has been having trouble sleeping of late, and fighting all the way to "Mommy isn't getting any sleep either-ville". I have one of those Vicks Vapo-pad heating elements. I had some blank scent pads I use for other bits, and I put a drop of that perfume on it and turned it on. A few minutes later, no noise. I go in to check. Not asleep yet, but not fighting. Five minutes after that, Zzzz. I ordered a vial of it just to use for fightless bedtimes.

I giggle thinking back on it, because while lavender is a calmative, the cake part will bring on visions of Sugar Plums.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

It's rather chilly outside. It's been nearly a month since I got my first ever order from ZOMG Smells, and I decided to try Tesla again. It's still Patchouli top-heavy, but this time only for a minute...then it turned into Toolbelts and Sawdust, followed by...Violets! I finally got my Violets! I guess it just needed to age in the bottle a bit. It's still a bit too heady on the Patchouli, but I'll wear it a bit more often now.

I'm anxiously awaiting my new order, which should be here in about a week(give or take a couple of days).

I was so excited to try out and review these perfumes, I forgot to mention the cute little freebie they sent with my smells. I got a tiny bar of Dr. ZOMG's Superlative Polytonic Mira-suds (the perfume is the same name only with Balm instead of Suds). It smells like Coca-Cola, and out of curiousity, I rubbed a bit of the bar on a wet wrist. It's nice and sudsy, and the scent actually stays on my skin for a while. My wee one got a whiff and said it was almost too yummy to wash with(so of course I'm going to get the scent squee later for the warmer and see if I have fightless bedtimes with this one as well).

--Safyr Drathmir
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

So! I got my Squee party *this morning (The mail came super early!) and I can't wait until I've tried them all to start sharing them with you. (*I derped and said yesterday... oops.)

I received:

Rose in Amber
Four Seasons In Mighty Contention on Trivial Matters
Lola
Hyang-Su
Brontosaurus Loves Triceratops
Beyond Blueberry
Girly Umbrella Drink
Up Quark
Dr. Zomg's Tincture of Caprice
Elder Spicecake

I put Elder Spicecake on this morning and I was instantly hit with the clove and cinnamon, but I was barely out of my first class before it had mellowed into more of a spicy apple with the warm rum overtones and by the time I was out another two hours later I could smell the sugar and buttery scents coming through. Oddly enough, here at the end of the day, that spicy clovey smell is back and it's turned into a pick-me-up for a slow evening. That being said, I can still smell it without it being overwhelming and without shoving my wrists up my nose. This is perfect!

Not sure what I'll try tomorrow (If it's as gloomy as today was I'll be throwing on some Girly Umbrella Drink!), but I'm definitely getting another squee party in a few months!
ImageImage
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Oooh! That's one I've been tossing back and forth about. I'm going to have to get that one in a few months.

Hahahaaaa! In fact, you've got several that I've been thinking of getting. I can't wait to see your reviews now...

BTW, don't forget to give Holly and Ariel some love on their site, they work hard to make everyone smell awesome.

--Safyr Drathmir
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

So, I applied Girly Umbrella Drink this morning and I got that pineapple/mango/fruity coconutty smell for about three hours D: It was amazing while it lasted, but I don't think I'll get it again, after the fruit faded I just smelled like coconut the rest of the time.

Trying Beyond Blueberry tomorrow!

I'll be posting reviews on all of these on the website when I'm done running through the party :)
ImageImage
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

chibichibi01 wrote:So, I applied Girly Umbrella Drink this morning and I got that pineapple/mango/fruity coconutty smell for about three hours D: It was amazing while it lasted, but I don't think I'll get it again, after the fruit faded I just smelled like coconut the rest of the time.

Trying Beyond Blueberry tomorrow!

I'll be posting reviews on all of these on the website when I'm done running through the party :)
Get a Prayer box or Scent Locket. The smell will last longer and not have the fading issues. That's what I did for for the one's that are not as long-lasting. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has pricey tasteful ones(sterling silver), or you can find inexpensive ones if you don't have base metal allergies like I do. If the scent is one that you like in the bottle best, that would be the way to go.

BTW, I teased my SIL the other day that we needed to get a squee of this one, get dolled up and go lingerie shopping.

--Safyr Drathmir
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

I smelled like a gorram blueberry pie all day long. It was awesome <3
ImageImage
Geek_on_call

Post by Geek_on_call »

ACHOOO Hayfever.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
- Groucho Marx
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

chibichibi01 wrote:I smelled like a gorram blueberry pie all day long. It was awesome <3
WANT!
Geek_on_call wrote:ACHOOO Hayfever.
*hands you Kleenex and tea* Feel better. I have to say the one awesome thing about ZOMG scents is that they don't trigger my allergies like mainstream perfumes.

I felt blargh today and put Up Quark on a bit of fabric and stuffed it in a prayer box bracelet. Nice pick me up, cause the weather is blargh!

--Safyr Drathmir
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Oh good lordy. After a weekend of stress and anxiety I finally was able to get home to put some yummyness on this morning.

I tried four seasons and it was very minty right out of the bottle and on my skin at first. After about thirty minutes in dimmed into the powdery loamy smell that lasted all day <3
ImageImage
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

chibichibi01 wrote:Oh good lordy. After a weekend of stress and anxiety I finally was able to get home to put some yummyness on this morning.

I tried four seasons and it was very minty right out of the bottle and on my skin at first. After about thirty minutes in dimmed into the powdery loamy smell that lasted all day <3
/hug I hope things are going better for you now.

I like that one because it never stays the same on me. I especially love how it smells like peonies on me for the summer part.

This Spiced Hypatia I have on today is an exercise in surprise, because even after the frequent hand washings I did, the scent lingers. It's by far the longest lasting scent yet, followed closely by Lola and her New Dress.

--Safyr Drathmir
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

DinkyInky wrote:
chibichibi01 wrote:Oh good lordy. After a weekend of stress and anxiety I finally was able to get home to put some yummyness on this morning.

/hug I hope things are going better for you now.

I like that one because it never stays the same on me. I especially love how it smells like peonies on me for the summer part.

This Spiced Hypatia I have on today is an exercise in surprise, because even after the frequent hand washings I did, the scent lingers. It's by far the longest lasting scent yet, followed closely by Lola and her New Dress.
Oooh~~ I'll be adding that one onto my list, indeed.

And things are indeed going better, my aunt is out of the hospital and back home, she had a meningioma removed and it was a loooooong Surgery on Friday.
ImageImage
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

chibichibi01 wrote:Oooh~~ I'll be adding that one onto my list, indeed.

And things are indeed going better, my aunt is out of the hospital and back home, she had a meningioma removed and it was a loooooong Surgery on Friday.
I'm glad things are better for you. Take a nice hot bubble bath, have a cup of tea, and put on a dab of something nice and just relax. You deserve it.

--Safyr Drathmir
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

DinkyInky wrote:
chibichibi01 wrote:Oooh~~ I'll be adding that one onto my list, indeed.

I'm glad things are better for you. Take a nice hot bubble bath, have a cup of tea, and put on a dab of something nice and just relax. You deserve it.
I wish my tub were big enough, alas D: But a cup of tea with a homemade dinner and watching the BF beat the snot out of things in Borderlands 2? Mmmm... good times.
ImageImage
Julie

Post by Julie »

chibichibi01 wrote:I wish my tub were big enough, alas D: But a cup of tea with a homemade dinner and watching the BF beat the snot out of things in Borderlands 2? Mmmm... good times.
Sounds like my kind of night! :) Still haven't gotten a green light from the hubby to spend monies on smell-good-stüffs...but still hoping to indulge in these in the nearish future!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."