Confused Now 2016-08-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Confused Now 2016-08-09

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Poor Atsali.

Sweetie, you don't look ridiculous.

But the stinkweed's going to razz you...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Confused Now 2016-08-09

Second thought: Poor Nadette
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Second thought: Poor Nadette
All she has to do is say "Yes, you're right." That will make everything crystal-clear to Atsali.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

It's either thank'n or 'tink'n, but either way; she's doing waaay too much of it...

PS- Second Panel; enviable chin-rest.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Okay but last page I saw someone in here say how they're sure Nadette's done that least 3 or so times by now. Are you forgetting the time skip? I'm pretty sure it'll of happened a lot more then 3 or 4 times.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

TheCollector wrote:Okay but last page I saw someone in here say how they're sure Nadette's done that least 3 or so times by now. Are you forgetting the time skip? I'm pretty sure it'll of happened a lot more then 3 or 4 times.

That was me, and If I had more time I'd go get examples- but I never meant to count every time, I only meant

In Canon

On Screen

We've been able to See... three or four times. Dat's what I meant.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

OH NOS! She's attempting suicide! Pull her out, before she suffocates! (But, what a way to go!)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jeffepp wrote:OH NOS! She's attempting suicide! Pull her out, before she suffocates! . . .
That is guaranteed to summon the grumpy bear . . .

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote:
jeffepp wrote:OH NOS! She's attempting suicide! Pull her out, before she suffocates! . . .
That is guaranteed to summon the grumpy bear . . .

--FreeFlier
I dunno about "grumpy", but this is the perfect time for Berdine to inevitably turn up and make A Remark...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Nice soft wall for Nadette to butt her head against.
Cortanis

Post by Cortanis »

In the panel you don't see just after the end, she's screaming into the boobs like one would scream into a pillow.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

She may find cookies instead of screaming or such.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Second thought: Poor Nadette
All she has to do is say "Yes, you're right." That will make everything crystal-clear to Atsali.
... and then Atsali says, "oh! :P does that mean I can kiss you now???" :D :D you know the rest... :P
Last edited by illiad on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Seeing how Atsali acts, it is easy to forget there was a time skip. She actually seems worse at reading things now, not even able to read Pickle. Siren/Succubus hormones making the problem worse?

On the upside, it is nice to see that Atsali and Nadette are still together. Guessing Atsali's issues help make things more stable than most teenage relationships, but Nadette must have patience that would make a saint jealous to keep up her end.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

This, as I kinda said yesterday, is an anxiety issue. Atsali feels like something is really wrong, or going to go wrong, or, or, or... So each time she is shown that one thing isn't a problem, she starts looking for the next thing that must be it. And, as she starts running out of possible "causes", she starts panicking, because she can't figure out what "it" is, causing more anxiety. This causes her to get a kind of tunnel vision, and she is more incapable of seeing things the way others do.

Remember, He Who Makes This has said that he has to have antianxiety meds, himself. I have family members, who I have observed, over the years. I know now, why they do what they do. It doesn't help as much as I would like, but at least I know why.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Cortanis wrote:In the panel you don't see just after the end, she's screaming into the boobs like one would scream into a pillow.
Twas my first thought upon seeing that last panel.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Cortanis wrote:In the panel you don't see just after the end, she's screaming into the boobs like one would scream into a pillow.
Or a heavy sigh... either way, do you suppose that might force a flatulence from the underside of the cleavage? Just thought I'd ask...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

... we're going to call that 'Motorboating' and move along...
sheik

Post by sheik »

Armorlord wrote:Seeing how Atsali acts, it is easy to forget there was a time skip. She actually seems worse at reading things now, not even able to read Pickle. Siren/Succubus hormones making the problem worse?

On the upside, it is nice to see that Atsali and Nadette are still together. Guessing Atsali's issues help make things more stable than most teenage relationships, but Nadette must have patience that would make a saint jealous to keep up her end.
You may have hit on something here.
The Siren/Succubus hormone conflict thing could well be causing some kind of cognitive dissonance.
It will be interesting if Atsali actually has to act out her nature(s) in order to return to something resembling sanity.
AnotherFairportfan

sheik wrote:
Armorlord wrote:Seeing how Atsali acts, it is easy to forget there was a time skip. She actually seems worse at reading things now, not even able to read Pickle. Siren/Succubus hormones making the problem worse?

You may have hit on something here.
The Siren/Succubus hormone conflict thing could well be causing some kind of cognitive dissonance.
It will be interesting if Atsali actually has to act out her nature(s) in order to return to something resembling sanity.
Not unlike the way Elliott in El Goonish Shive had to finally admit that he enjoys transforming to a girl in order to possibly develop any magical abilities that don't involve transforming...