Situation dire

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Sgt. Howard

Situation dire

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Unemployment said no. Best I can get is minimum wage part-time. Security people have not called back and do not answer my call. Coasting on my last paycheck... and the well pump died this morning. We will have water tomorrow, but the $370 spent buying the new pump hurt very badly. Trying to figure out what to do... which puts a crimp in writing. Just understand I am very busy right now.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Re: Situation dire

Post by GlytchMeister »

I hated getting blown off by possible employers. At least they could tell me "no" so I could move on...

Wish I could help, man...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Turns out I was whining too soon- with luck, I will start patrol the 16th of June. There will be survival transactions with the pawnbroker, but as I am now assured I can retrieve the goods I am not concerned. Meanwhile, the pump is going in today and we shall have water
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Whew... that's good news, guy!

Wouldn't hurt to keep your ears open for alternative possibilities, of course.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:Wouldn't hurt to keep your ears open for alternative possibilities, of course.
"Wanted: well-seasoned curmudgeon to sit in bar eight hours a day composing dirty limericks so as to provide quaint atmosphere. Pay is $15/hour plus beer and pretzels."
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:Wouldn't hurt to keep your ears open for alternative possibilities, of course.
"Wanted: well-seasoned curmudgeon to sit in bar eight hours a day composing dirty limericks so as to provide quaint atmosphere. Pay is $15/hour plus beer and pretzels."
Maybe he could use an apprentice, surviving on beer and pretzels might be ok for a while...
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Hansontoons wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
Maybe he could use an apprentice, surviving on beer and pretzels might be ok for a while...
Pro tip: Beer and peanuts in the shell--more protein and less sodium than pretzels.

They used to let you throw the shells on the floor. Are there still bars like that?
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Typeminer wrote:They used to let you throw the shells on the floor. Are there still bars like that?
The Texas Roadhouse and Logan's Roadhouse steak chains still do... complimentary buckets of peanuts on the tables.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AmriloJim wrote:
Typeminer wrote:They used to let you throw the shells on the floor. Are there still bars like that?
The Texas Roadhouse and Logan's Roadhouse steak chains still do... complimentary buckets of peanuts on the tables.
I don't know if it was just a thing with my family, but we called them "Texas Roadkill" instead of "Texas Roadhouse"

Just because it was funny, not a dig at the quality or anything.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Hansontoons wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
Are you suggesting I eat the apprentice?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

GlytchMeister wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
I don't know if it was just a thing with my family, but we called them "Texas Roadkill" instead of "Texas Roadhouse"

Just because it was funny, not a dig at the quality or anything.
That's actually the name they give their chopped sirloin steak, which comes covered in swiss, mushrooms, and caramelized onions.