Owwowow just freaking ow

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Owwowow just freaking ow

Post by DinkyInky »

Murphy can kiss it!

Yesterday, the bus was unexpectedly early, and because he has to cross a busy street that some morons refuse to give right of way to a bus(the county mounties are so very aware of thus, but as there are sixteen school bus stops all over town having this issue, the traffic division is stretched pretty thin), I had to sprint unwarmed up in ballerina flats on a concrete street to catch him and yank him back before he darted across the street.
Ouch number one, because those shoes have no support, they were meant as a quick shoe to walk down the street and around the corner, not 100 yard dash.

Bus did see us, and was waiting.

Ouch number two, because I already have a bad shoulder from an accident in my teens. Adrenaline hides all the good injuries.

So he goes on the bus, with the driver pleading with him to not do that again, because she WILL wait.

I had to reset my shoulder, as I popped it out of socket, which leads to Ouch number three.

Typing on a seven inch touchscreen is a pitA, so I wrapped my wrists to prevent aggravating my carpal tunnel.

Fast forward to getting my son off the bus, and a persistent tingling in my bad arm, and a hacking dry cough.
I barely cobbled together dinner before he forcefed me powerade and tucked me in.

Every cough made my shoulder hurt worse.

I got help later, and it was discovered I pinched nerves in both shoulders because when I grabbed him, I completely dislocated my left arm, and partially did so to my right. That happened because dummy me popped it in the old school way, by bum rushing a wall.

When I have strange pains, I never medicate, because I do not
want to mask symptoms, so this was not fun at all.

Ouch number four...you guessed it, one had to be popped and reset, the other manipulated into going back in so I wouldn't have two bad shoulders.

Wake up this morning, trip over the TROLLCAT I'm petsitting, who is a hurricane rescue, and afraid of the rain. Down I go, arse over teakettle. Cat decided to see if I was okay by sitting on my chest and beeping my nose with his.
If there was a place on me not in pain, that just fixed it.

Hiding in my blanket fort until it's time to get my son.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Re: Owwowow just freaking ow

Post by Dave »

Ow ow ow!! That's one Hell of a day, DinkyInky! So sorry you've been multiclobbered like that!

You didn't happen to rent out a room to a guy named Joe Btfsplk, did you? :?

Sending hugs, warm thoughts, and hope for a swift recovery and an upturn in your fortunes of the week! May the weekend bring you nothing but goodness.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

SO, Miss Julie isn't the only one with Superpowers...

(pssst- we'd like you to hang around a bit longer than it seems you might, if it's left entirely up to you, so please take care.)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

t'were it not for bad luck, then no luck would I have.

Seriously, it happens when Murphy dictates it funny enough.

One year I shoveled out my car, then the drive to put my car in, only for the plow to block it and refill half my drive, just in time for the county mounties to show up to tell me I gotta move it or get it towed...not that even the beefiest truck could've pulled Baby out with all that icy slush encasing her...which is what I told them.
I then ignored them and went back to chipping the plow poop off of my drive.
When the tow came, he took one look and said, "a-nope. Dig 'er out before I tow."
Smirking, I began working on digging out my car...just in time for the plow to do it again.
County made them come and gently clear everything they did.
Triumphant, I put my car in the drive, got out, grabbed the shovel, and walked into my garage...only to slip on a patch of black ice, fall, then get hit by the now falling shovel...right in front of an audience.

Murphy is being kind this time...I think.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Here is some funny to change yer mood;

The whole thing is Dogs vs Cats by G. Carlin, but I went looking for this in trying to find something along the lines of timestamp 3:40, or thereabouts... Make that 4 mins, 20 secs.

(Oops, turns out NSFW due to language, b'ware.)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Many sympathies and healing vibes coming your way.

And you're not the only one...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

*HUGS!!* I wish I could do something to help...even if that means hunting down the ghost of Murphy and kicking his ethereal ass for you. Seriously...no one should have that bad a day. :(
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:Here is some funny to change yer mood;

The whole thing is Dogs vs Cats by G. Carlin, but I went looking for this in trying to find something along the lines of timestamp 3:40, or thereabouts... Make that 4 mins, 20 secs.

Hurts to laugh, and guess what I'm doing? Ouch. All your fault. I cant. Stop. Laughing.

One hour until my son is safely home.

--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Jabberwonky wrote:Many sympathies and healing vibes coming your way.

IS THIS GUY STILL ALIVE???
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

And gentle air-hugs until you hurt no more!

Then we get back to Julie-smooshes! They are nice!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hansontoons wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Many sympathies and healing vibes coming your way.

IS THIS GUY STILL ALIVE???
Great Ghu in the morning! :shock: He must have an entire pantheon of gods and goddesses hovering around him, arguing constantly over who is going to torment him today and who is going to keep him alive so he can be properly tormented tomorrow.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DinkyInky wrote:

Hurts to laugh, and guess what I'm doing? Ouch. All your fault. I cant. Stop. Laughing.

I would have you endure the bit of discomfort, if it also brought you joy.

The you that is really you continues to impress, but you have no need to- you are in good company, seek your balance in all things.
(Oops, I'm doing it again..., wait.)
I cant. Stop. Laughing.

shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

That was a serious terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. :(
Hansontoons wrote:Then we get back to Julie-smooshes! They are nice!
Those might be good right away anyway. I hear they cure a variety of ailments.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:

I would have you endure the bit of discomfort, if it also brought you joy.

The you that is really you continues to impress, but you have no need to- you are in good company, seek your balance in all things.
(Oops, I'm doing it again..., wait.)
I cant. Stop. Laughing.

I seriously love that movie! My VCR broke, or I'd watch it.

But yeah, laughing again...ouch. Thanks again.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Kidney pain is mostly gone after being cute faced into drinking several shots of raw cranberry juice since this began.

Remembering to take my CalMag made the muscle issues go away.

I'm comfortable enough to take my pain meds to finish the healing, as now the pain is familiar.

The only thing not easing up is the hacking dry cough, and I'm carefully testing a theory that it's my asthma triggering that.

Adjusting from coffee to tea has been the biggest issue, as the caffeine in the unsweetened dark roast was what relaxed me fastest(yet I apparently don't present enough for them to think of ADD/HD).

So I have all this lovely hazelnut and an awful pumpkin spice(Bailey's, you have failed me) creamer left that I'm trying to incorporate into tea. I'm drinking a double strong cup of cheap, plain, ordinary black tea with sugar to get rid of that pumpkin spice. Personally, I think I got the one bottle of pumpkin spice they either forgot to add the simple syrup to, or ran out of.
Oh God, I'm such a goof. I have a huge bottle of simple syrup in my bar. Testing out theory number two. Back later!

--Safyr Drathmir
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Is your body still covered under the factory warranty, Dinky?
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Catawampus wrote:Is your body still covered under the factory warranty, Dinky?
I slinked off the assembly line before warranties became the norm.

--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

So, the TROLLCAT has two health issues I just found out about.

One is annoying and made me feel bad.

The second is disgusting, associated with the first, and made me mad.

Hopefully in a few days he will be right as rain.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I don't think you are supposed to be feeding the cat beans and cabbage...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:I don't think you are supposed to be feeding the cat beans and cabbage...
If it made the problem go away I would. Instead I just spent $50 on medicines and food to hide said medicines in(which he spat out after eating the medicine.).

--Safyr Drathmir