Feel Better 2015-08-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: Feel Better 2015-08-11

Post by Catawampus »

Julie wrote:I am 100% in favor of this execution method! If they could institute this for all death row inmates it would really kick one of the biggest arguments against the death penalty out the window.
Though it does leave at least one question: what about inmates who are guilty of something, but who aren't guilty of the crime for which they were convicted?
Julie

Post by Julie »

Catawampus wrote:
Julie wrote:I am 100% in favor of this execution method! If they could institute this for all death row inmates it would really kick one of the biggest arguments against the death penalty out the window.
Though it does leave at least one question: what about inmates who are guilty of something, but who aren't guilty of the crime for which they were convicted?
I believe I saw Paul post something in response to that kind of question on Facebook. Someone asked "what about the guy who didn't commit the murder he's on death row for, but did steal a purse or something?" and he came back saying that the example inmate would be "innocent" according to the vampires. Not sure exactly how that power works, but I like his idea. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

It makes sense guilt would be less about the law as written by people and more about "has this individual done something so heinous the Powers That Be have determined their right to life is null and void".
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
eee wrote: Keep in mind, they're probably not killing ALL the death row inmates in ONE prison. I would imagine this is spread out. Also consider, prison authorities are in a perfect situation to make up cover stories, with the MiB providing backups via autopsy results and staging. Inmate A got hold of a piece of metal, honed it razor sharp, and cut his own throat. Inmates B, C, D, and E were found dead in their cells of natural causes or drug overdoses. Inmate F was conducting a daring escape when his foot slipped, he fell 100 feet, and his shattered body was found in a pool of his own blood at the foot of the prison. Inmate G was executed by lethal injection. At his request the process was closed to the press and public, witnesses are listed as Officers Pratt and McBride.

Lots of people die in prison naturally. Not many on death row, but it happens.

And speaking of autopsies, as part of that the blood is usually drained, anyway, so once the corpse reaches the Medical Examiner it's all over.
That's actually a big problem with the prison industrial complex. The warden can lie through his/her teeth about how a prisoner died.

Hell, it happens at jails, too. We've had two “suicides" in the last two months. Jails cells don't have trashcans or sheets.
eee wrote: Pickle killed a fairy and can disintegrate objects with her bare hands. She's not completely innocent or clueless.
I'm wondering when we're getting back to that.
I would go back to the cover story I came up with back when we first met our vampire buddy-cop movie: C.O.D.: Ran into a door made of knives and bullets.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

C.o.D: fell on a knife thirty times, shot self with gun while cleaning it twenty-eight times.

(Autocorrect had an even more funny suggestion: "shit self with gun while cleaning it twenty eight times." I don't even know how that would work, but I thought it was hilarious.)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

oldmanmickey wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:
Dave wrote:(and the whirlpool begins to tug inwards)

See you in a week or three! :evil:
Oh no. I've mastered the art of escaping TV Tropes. This thread is no-
*steel trap shuts with a CLANG!*
...yeah, ok. I'm stuck.
these young ones seem to have never ran into the quicksand that is an archive.
I'm proud to say I used to make trips to the library to catch up on my superman annuals, and after a few other incidents, JLA, Batman, and other DC comics. I could only afford one verse(as I was an avid collector of manga, manwha, Marvel, and Dark Horse...as well as a few independents).

With my library cards, my Kindle lets me read as many comics as they own.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jwhouk wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote: That's actually a big problem with the prison industrial complex. The warden can lie through his/her teeth about how a prisoner died.

Hell, it happens at jails, too. We've had two “suicides" in the last two months. Jails cells don't have trashcans or sheets.
(cough cough yes they do cough)
Sorry, holding cells at police stations don't have 50+ gallon trash cans that one might use the lining for to hang themselves.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Uhm.

Holding cells, perhaps, yes.

Jails, on the other hand?

Like, say, I dunno, THE ONE I WORK AT?

Not unless the individual in custody has shown evidence that they are suicidal, or have made threats of suicide.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin