You Inviting Me 2015-06-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: You Inviting Me 2015-06-10

Post by lake_wrangler »

jeffepp wrote:
DilyV wrote:I wonder if Devyn was bragging slightly to impress Atsali, whom she sees as above her station... Now she's caught in her own trap and doesn't know how to break it to Atsali...
That's my take. That, and Atsali would be a bit of a challenge for someone just starting out. Then, there was that episode of the Cosby show, where one of the sisters said she could make the brother a knock off of that big name jacket, and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference...
If I recall, even I could tell the difference... :lol:
scantrontb

Re: You Inviting Me 2015-06-10

Post by scantrontb »

DilyV wrote:I wonder if Devyn was bragging slightly to impress Atsali, whom she sees as above her station... Now she's caught in her own trap and doesn't know how to break it to Atsali...
i wouldn't go THAT far, remember, Devyn said that she was TRYING to SNEAK MORE of her ORIGINALS onto the stage... the way i read that is probably, that a while back she was tasked with making a stock standard costume for a play, but she went a bit overboard and it was just "not right" for that play, but it was really too late for them to DO anything except actually use it... once... and now she's got a bit of a blind spot when she thinks one thing and they think something else... so she's TRYING (and NOT succeeding) in getting ANOTHER ONE (she got the FIRST one thru, maybe this one'll go thru now?) of her "originals" (ie NOT the bog-standard costume for that part, but one that has probably been highly modified from what the director THINKS it SHOULD be) so she's a bit afraid to actually TELL Atsali that she's been unsuccessful up to now other than that first one??
Don't planto mihi adveho illac