Go Talk 2015-05-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Thor

Go Talk 2015-05-26

Post by Thor »

LINKITY

And playing the voice of reason today is . . . Jessie Gotlieb??
jeffepp

Re: Go Talk 2015-05-26

Post by jeffepp »

Definitely an off-camera face-palm.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Her motives may not be entirely selfless, but Jessie definitely did a good thing here. Her status as Queen Bee Emeritus probably made her the most effective messenger for this particular message.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

"Ok, we can do this..."

"Yeah, ok, we can do this. You go first..."

"No!, YOU, go first!"...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

As I pointed out in the FB posting, the parapool is 65 FEET deep at that point. Something I should have also pointed out is the whale tanks at Seaworld are not that deep by 15-30 feet (depending on which Seaworld you measure). That is one extremely large pool.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
illiad

Post by illiad »

squawk!! squawk!! squawk!! But she runs the school... Now that is the biggest assumption ever..... :roll:

Opus the Poet wrote:As I pointed out in the FB posting, the parapool is 65 FEET deep at that point. Something I should have also pointed out is the whale tanks at Seaworld are not that deep by 15-30 feet (depending on which Seaworld you measure). That is one extremely large pool.
yeah, and people still keep anthropomorphising it from 'human' standards... Its a PARANORMAL world, guys!! the pool has to deal with various others, who are 'short' at 15 feet high, and various other things, so 'human' cleaners are hopeless... :)

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/who-put-the-dogs-out/
Last edited by illiad on Tue May 26, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

And now, back to our regularly scheduled drama!

Yep -- give somebody a pair of pants and they're your friend forever...

But if you set them on fire, they're warm for the rest of their life.

Something like that.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
illiad

Post by illiad »

Atomic wrote:And now, back to our regularly scheduled drama!

Yep -- give somebody a pair of pants and they're your friend forever...

But if you set them on fire, they're warm for the rest of their life.

Something like that.
Its not JUST the pants... :) to help someone save their *dignity*, when you hardly know them, is the biggest favour :mrgreen: ...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Is anyone having issues with the comic site? I've been trying since yesterday, and I get a down site.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
eee

Post by eee »

Now THAT'S a good friend. One who orders others to go find out you're friendly, too. :D
DinkyInky wrote:Is anyone having issues with the comic site? I've been trying since yesterday, and I get a down site.
It's been hinkey for me, too. But I kept trying and eventually made it through.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Has Jessie been taking Tina Lessons?

Or Phix?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Also - she's showing her gills in the last panel.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Called it. ;)

And: Bookworm, who is both site admin and host of the wapsisquare.com domain, is based out of the Houston area.

He has been dealing with... Other issues over the last 24 hours or so.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Yes, it's been a bit damp in a lot of central-eastern Texas lately...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

A little damp? Yea now they gonna argue over who talks for the group
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

"But. . but what do we talk to her about?!?"
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Catawampus wrote:"But. . but what do we talk to her about?!?"
"So, are those jugs real, or what?"

EDIT: Forgot - ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:Yes, it's been a bit damp in a lot of central-eastern Texas lately...
Yeah, I'd say that 11 inches of rain in less than 2 days does qualify as "damp". Sorta the way World War II qualified as "the recent unpleasantness". :)

Definitely a packet flood, and a serious denial-of-dryness attack. Those hackers ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Catawampus wrote:"But. . but what do we talk to her about?!?"
of sailing ships and sealing wax,
of cabbages and kings.

They're teen-aged girls. The subject of "boys" is probably always allowable (although not necessarily conflict-free). "Hanging out, possibility of?" would be good.

"What's it like for you, being X?" (where "X" is probably "my mental model for what I assume you must be like") would be the most meaningful... not for the answers, but for the fact that it would probably result in a "What?! I'm not an X, I'm really a Q", and a realization that My/Our Assumptions About You Were Wrong.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Warrl wrote:Yes, it's been a bit damp in a lot of central-eastern Texas lately...
Damp enough to ship half of what's fallen to California and still have enough left over. Kansas and Oklahoma have enough to share as well, but I advise we stock and store what we can in the event of another drought.

I say give it to the farmers for free.
Last edited by Gyrrakavian on Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Opus the Poet wrote:As I pointed out in the FB posting, the parapool is 65 FEET deep at that point. Something I should have also pointed out is the whale tanks at Seaworld are not that deep by 15-30 feet (depending on which Seaworld you measure). That is one extremely large pool.
Not really for Para's. For all we know Brandi may have brought Stinky along to play fetch.

Another thought along with this. If it is that deep then how wide, or long it is? An Olympic pool is 50M by 25 M by 1 M (Or maybe a bit deeper). So keeping the same proportions this is 3250 M Long, 1625 M wide (total area is 1320 acres). This is a lake, not a pool, and a bit hard to hide. But being a lake means they can establish an ecology in there to keep it clean and healthy. Besides for all we know chlorinated water can be harmful for some para's.

This makes me wonder if the 65 means something other than how deep it is at that point.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.