Chased Him Away 2015-04-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Chased Him Away 2015-04-20

Post by DilyV »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Well Atsali's just downed a bad pill,
seems her romance has took a bad spill,
her plans have backfired
the dude she desired
is queer as a three dollar bill

she seeks sympathetic advice
from Nadette, who answers quite nice
but Berdine seems to worry
Nadette's ears seem too furry
and she grew out her tail in a trice!

So now that the goat-boy's departed
Atsali seems rather down hearted
while Nadette seems to glow
with pheromones at full flow

... isn't THIS the same place where we started?
+1 and two thumbs up!!! (And two ears and a furry tail too!!)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Akeche wrote:Whelp.

That's a lazy way to get out of it, good job Paul.
I second the notion.

But in Paul's defense, we do have a 4 or 5 subplots going on right now. Though, that could have been avoided by holding off on a few of them (the para pool could have waited another month or two)

*throws a pair of flip flops depicting Janus in confusion corner*
In the course of a day, how many sub plots are you personally involved in in your own life? The sheer number of people an individual interacts with on a daily basis dictates that there are several "story lines" going on in each person's life. The characters of Wapsi Square are no exception, except that Paul can only touch on one or maybe two in any given daily strip.

Just off the top of my head, let's see... There's Georgette and Monica, Kevin, Goat boy, Brandi (post Nu Gui), Nadette, Berdine for that matter... How Tina is getting along now that she's evolved into Whitewing... Bia and how she's progressing towards becoming adult again... How Shelly and her boy toy are getting along with her being a sphinx now... All unresolved story lines that Paul has to choose from on a daily basis.

Haz anyone seen Tepoz lately?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

GlytchMeister wrote:Oh. So TC is Twin Cities. But what does MSP actually stand for? Minneapolis-St. Paul? Are those the actual Twin Cities?

(Heh...Whenever people say Twin Cities to me, I instantly think Bloomington-Normal)
Ummm, Shampoo-Banana? (Champlain-Urbana) :ugeek: :geek: :roll:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

oldmanmickey wrote:
zachariah wrote: Remember no moose, is good moose!

Besides they like a cold, wet swampy area, and that was taken down when the show ended.
Nononono, is moose and squirrel. Most dangerous of graduate from Wossamotta U. Frostbite Falls just north of twin cities.
And located the next state east (Wisconsin).
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jeffepp wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
Atomic wrote:The best laid plans of mice // moose // bears and men...

Outcome uncertain. Try again.
... who told you about the moose?
Something something... bitten by a moose once...
Oh right! And how is your sister these days?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Opus the Poet wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Oh. So TC is Twin Cities. But what does MSP actually stand for? Minneapolis-St. Paul? Are those the actual Twin Cities?

(Heh...Whenever people say Twin Cities to me, I instantly think Bloomington-Normal)
Ummm, Shampoo-Banana? (Champlain-Urbana) :ugeek: :geek: :roll:
:lol: Yeah, that's the other two Twin Cities down there. I always used to get so confused when the weathermen said Twin Cities.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Dave wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Did I mis-read that Jacob asked out a guy he had been interested in?
You did not mis-read. Or, if you did, so did I, and with the same interpretation.
Seems like Jacob was gay all along.

Good for him on being able to come out and date the guy he had an eye on!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:

Besides they like a cold, wet swampy area, and that was taken down when the show ended.
Nononono, is moose and squirrel. Most dangerous of graduate from Wossamotta U. Frostbite Falls just north of twin cities.
Nope - Minnesota, based on International Falls, MN
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:

HEY now. Frostbite Falls isn't in Wisconsin.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
sheik

Post by sheik »

It is said that some are born to Greatness and others have Greatness thrust upon them.
I think what we are witnessing with Atsali is the blow-by-blow hand-forging of a person's metal before either can occur.
Good work Paul! :)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

The old expression "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" definitely comes to mind here.
Sgt. Howard wrote:

Bullwinkle? Or maybe Rocky? Bullwinkle's plans rarely worked as expected.

And Sydney's plans never survive contact with Sydney.
Julie wrote:Nadette better reign her happy in hard. At some point, it has to occur to Atsali that she's a seer and should have seen that Jacob was interested in a guy...which would lead her to ask why Nadette allowed her to put herself out there by asking him out when it would hurt to get rejected this way.
"HE needed a bit of a confidence boost and a shove to get him moving. YOU needed to be shown that sirens are not irresistible."
It also makes me like Nadette a little less knowing that she's playing this hand to her own benefit...even if she "knows" Atsali will end up happy, it's a bit self-serving and I don't like that behavior from someone who calls herself a friend.
Good friends will like to do what it takes to make their friends happy, if it's at little or no cost to themselves. If it also provides direct benefits to themselves (which is not yet determined, although Nadette seems to think it's at least a possibility - although even if it is, that benefit is not necessarily permanent), so much the better.

(Oh, and Atsali, you did NOT chase him away. You gave him confidence. He used that confidence to pursue his own goals. Which don't happen to include you, but he let you know that it's nothing about you specifically, not your personality, not your appearance, not the way you got a bit overly assertive about certain issues. In this case it really isn't you, it's him. And it's not something wrong with him, it's just a basic incompatibility.)
GlytchMeister wrote:And I also hope somebody gets a clue and sorts this out (I'm looking at you, Berdine) before Atsali comes to a hard realization like a face plant to concrete. Because realizing that a trusted friend has been manipulating you, especially in a cosmic paranormal I-know-your-future inside-trading sort of way, almost the entire time, is gonna suuuuck.
Atsali's line of "I know that you'll get what I'm talking about" says to me that she knows Nadette has had a crush on someone who was unavailable due to incompatible sexual interests. That being the case, she probably realizes that said someone was herself. (Apparently Nadette is hoping that Atsali is bi and simply happened to be focused on Jacob at that time - which is NOT out of the question based on currently-available evidence, but I suspect it will end up being incorrect.)
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

I understand with it being a comic, a web comic at that, we're restricted a little on what might be shown. But I would have liked to see the actual conversation. It just seems like something a tad more important than to be simply spoken as if it's an aside during Atsali and Nadette's chat.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Warrl wrote:Atsali's line of "I know that you'll get what I'm talking about" says to me that she knows Nadette has had a crush on someone who was unavailable due to incompatible sexual interests. That being the case, she probably realizes that said someone was herself. (Apparently Nadette is hoping that Atsali is bi and simply happened to be focused on Jacob at that time - which is NOT out of the question based on currently-available evidence, but I suspect it will end up being incorrect.)
Are you saying Nadette is gambling on Atsali being a bi bi birdie?

*drops a musical score in the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Warrl wrote:Atsali's line of "I know that you'll get what I'm talking about" says to me that she knows Nadette has had a crush on someone who was unavailable due to incompatible sexual interests. That being the case, she probably realizes that said someone was herself. (Apparently Nadette is hoping that Atsali is bi and simply happened to be focused on Jacob at that time - which is NOT out of the question based on currently-available evidence, but I suspect it will end up being incorrect.)
Are you saying Nadette is gambling on Atsali being a bi bi birdie?

*drops a musical score in the pun jar*
Eeeeeeeed Sulllivan!"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Akeche wrote:I understand with it being a comic, a web comic at that, we're restricted a little on what might be shown. But I would have liked to see the actual conversation. It just seems like something a tad more important than to be simply spoken as if it's an aside during Atsali and Nadette's chat.
We might end up seeing it in a flashback at some point?
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

JSStryker wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:

The squirrel did!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Something something... bitten by a moose once...
A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...[/quote][/quote]

What, it's been all day and still no mention of Llamas?

Oh bother. Still can't get the hang of getting rid of extra quotes and winding up with just the one I want.

And the license plate from Amarillo Jim is priceless. My daughter now has Russian (former, now US Citizens) in-laws. MIL name is Natasha, FIL name not Boris. Pity.

One day I may work up the courage to ask one of them to say, "Moose and Squirrel".
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Akeche wrote:Though I'll still plant my feet in the dirt and say Jacob should still be added to the cast.
Yeah, cause the one thing this story could really do with is more regular characters. (Runs like hell.)
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

THAT would make an interesting name for a Minnesota pub- "the MOOSE and SQUIRREL"- get a short, balding fellow with a bad Russian dialect to tend bar. Get tall skinny dark-haired Russian fem fetal to serve. Gather a local clientele who are masters of bad... REALLY bad... puns.

... then I leave town before the mob catches up to me with the tar and feathers...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin