Other Girls 2015-04-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Other Girls 2015-04-10

Post by jwhouk »

Oh boy...

How about unknowingly pressing a trigger button with your sister, there, Castela?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Re: Other Girls 2015-04-10

Post by GlytchMeister »

There's got to be a trope for this...

LINK

Also, wow. Second place behind none other than Joe. I think I'm getting the hang of these forums.
Last edited by GlytchMeister on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Yeah, sweetie, some do.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk wrote:Oh boy...

How about unknowingly pressing a trigger button with your sister, there, Castela?
Not sure Atsali can hear her ... she may just be brooding in the dark on her own, because that's what you do when you're sixteen...

===========

Not that i'm implying she has nothing to brood about.

=============

Also, good for Pickle!
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Ah, the day before...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Castella still hasn't made the connection (or distinction) between "because of the way your suit looks" and "because of the way you look". Once she was assured that Aunt Jin "has our back" and she can go back to the Para Pool, she seems to have dropped the whole issue of Why Were We Told To Leave.

Well, she's definitely still young...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"Bravo base this is Bravo Charley- no movement at this time, primary target is not in sight. Rations are holding out, no precieved threats. 'Cactus Blossom' has recieved scholastic merits, 'Reluctant Angel' is brooding, 'Mother Bear' buisy doing KP. No sight of pool- I SAY AGAIN, no sight of pool or of "Super Prude'. We wait for Monday I SAY AGAIN we wait for Monday, over"

"ksht!zrearfth! ravo...rley..is.. ravo.. ase ..opy... ations ... olding ...out? over"

"Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- we're good, but a little Margarita mix would be nice... and maybe mix for tequila sunrise- can you send? over"

"ZRZRZRZRZRZRZRZRRRR!POP!SCHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! intel ... dicates..... terferance. ....o ... read? Over"

"Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- not sure why you think so, I'm reading you loud and clear, over"

"..ravo rley...ravo...ase....inue........servation....vise....BBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....pply....over"

"Roger that, Bravo Charley over and out,"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if the mol was one of the tuna girls mother?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

From the mouths of babes, eh?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Y'know, we may not even need Jin, Kat, Shelly, or Monica. (Remember Monica? This is a strip about Monica) Atsali do have her own retinue, dig? Bears, Fish, and a cranky Bug could easily make for an interesting day at the pool. But her very own Aunt-hill Mob added in would make for a party.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

I look at this in a different light.

Atsali is obviously having a lot of troubles, but to be honest... They're fairly normal body issues which a human can have to deal with as well(like Monica needing a bigger bra in the 6th grade than her teacher). If I were to put myself into Atsali's shoes, and overhear my wonderful little sister say that... I'd feel horrible. She's a wonderful kid but Castela just cannot experience life(right now) with the same ease as Atsali can. If I were her, hearing that would both make me feel a little bad for thinking my problems are the worst thing ever, but also gain some confidence.

If my little sister who's got bigger body issues to overcome than me takes it all in stride with smiles and gold stars, why can't I?
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

kingklash wrote:Y'know, we may not even need Jin, Kat, Shelly, or Monica. (Remember Monica? This is a strip about Monica) Atsali do have her own retinue, dig? Bears, Fish, and a cranky Bug could easily make for an interesting day at the pool. But her very own Aunt-hill Mob added in would make for a party.
Well, the comic is actually no longer about Monica. Paul himself flat out said that Atsali is the new main character.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Akeche wrote:Well, the comic is actually no longer about Monica. Paul himself flat out said that Atsali is the new main character.
Whaaaat? Noooo... :cry: When did he say this? Urg... :gutpunch:

I mean, yeah, I like these characters, but... I guess I was sorta holding onto the possibility that this was some huge side arc that would somehow tie back into Monica. Somehow. I dunno, like how Roran's story tied back into Eragon's near the end.

:siiiigggghhhh: :(
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Akeche wrote:
kingklash wrote:Y'know, we may not even need Jin, Kat, Shelly, or Monica. (Remember Monica? This is a strip about Monica) Atsali do have her own retinue, dig? Bears, Fish, and a cranky Bug could easily make for an interesting day at the pool. But her very own Aunt-hill Mob added in would make for a party.
Well, the comic is actually no longer about Monica. Paul himself flat out said that Atsali is the new main character.
I was under the impression Paul was using sarcasm when he said that.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

MerchManDan wrote:
Akeche wrote:
Didn't seem sarcastic to me. We've got our main girl, her ever growing group of friends. Da Bear Twins fitting into the role that Shelly played out for Monica(or would that be Calista?)
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Akeche wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Akeche wrote:Well, the comic is actually no longer about Monica. Paul himself flat out said that Atsali is the new main character.
Didn't seem sarcastic to me. We've got our main girl, her ever growing group of friends. Da Bear Twins fitting into the role that Shelly played out for Monica(or would that be Calista?)
I just remember Paul saying that to let off steam because he was so sick of people asking if that was the case. I dunno, probably I'm remembering it wrong and/or misunderstood in the first place.
AnotherFairportfan

Akeche wrote:
"Remember Alice? There's a song about Alice..." (At least that's the way i always heard it, and if it's a mondegreen, i prefer my mondegreen to the real thing.)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

But 'Alice doesn't live here any more'.

Monica is now a special appearance by cameo...

Tumbely-Weed! (She needs some sprawl-about, decompression time, maybe a 'pose-off' with the Ursomorphs...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

oldmanmickey wrote:wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if the mom was one of the tuna girls mother?
There's a reason why I'd say no - Atsali would have said something to them during the whole "Calista Meets Everyone & the Jaguar Girl Too" storyline.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin